WRX Wagon vs IS300

This is a discussion on WRX Wagon vs IS300 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It's so rare that I get to have any fun.. I don't know what it is, nobody ever wants to ...

WRX Wagon vs IS300

It's so rare that I get to have any fun.. I don't know what it is, nobody ever wants to play.. but tonight on the way home from dinner, I got a red light.. some kid in an IS300 next to me... light turned green... He spun a little tire.. I said.. haha.. he wants to play.... nailed it and and as I hit 2nd gear, my wife says.. WTF? and the kids in the back are going WEEEEEEE, YAAAAAYYYYY! and stuff..... Oh yeah.. the Lexus was toast. I even had stuff in the trunk. I'm thinking he didn't know what he was up against... seems kinda silly to mess with a WRX in rain

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hahah i'd like to film avideo of you racing with the chitlins and grocerys in the back while u poop on cars
    Last edited by j-style; 01-27-2004 at 08:46 PM.
    if its not fast it better be a show car

i know it wouldnt take much if any at all...but what mods do you have....besides your wife's fart LOL jk ....btw nice kill
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

Originally posted by j-style
    hahah i'd like to film avideo of you racing with the chitlins and grocerys in the back while u poop on cars

It's funnier when the kids wave

Jugger - As far as power mods go, it's pretty mild.. TurboXS Stealthback with Cat, Prodrive muffler, gutted UP, Perrin intercooler hoses and Cobb Stage 2 reflash.

Originally posted by Racenut3.0
    It's funnier when the kids wave
    Especially when you are street racing with them in the back seat.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    street racing with your kids in the car doesnt seem like a very positive thing to be doing...
    2003 SRT-4

That's cool, but do it too much with your kids in the car, and they're gonna grow up thinking daddy is a ricer.

this story reminds me of dad's minivan. Yay! go daaad
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

If he is streetracing with his kids, wife, groceries, pets, fine china, an organ donor heart, biological weapons, and hazardous waste in the car, that's one thing and could be deemed irresponsible and dangerous... But if he's doing an impromptu stoplight run and going through a few gears up to the speedlimit/cruising speed, I don't see a problem with that. Nothing he wrote seemed to construe that anyone was put in more danger than when they ride around in the car like normal.

Parents are too overprotective these days anyway. As a small child, I travelled in the car on the front seat sitting on the foldown elbow rest in GM's big cruisers that my dad preferred at the time. Sharp corners of the dash, and hard metal surfaces threatened to poke out an eye or put a gash in your shin if you didn't buckle your lap belt or hang on when going around curves. I didn't have soft foam or cushioned bark on the playgrounds when I jumped off the swings or fell from the monkey bars. We played tackle football with our friends without mouth guards, rode bicycles without big shelled turtle helmets, and played baseball without face protection. There weren't child proof locks on the kitchen cabinets, and no covers on the electrical outlets. If I hurt myself somehow, I learned a valuable lesson through experience.

I'm 31 now, and if and when I ever have a kid, I don't plan on sheltering him or her from the real world. I want them to experience both joy along with what it feels like to be wronged, to feel pain, and everything else that goes along with life and what you need to experience to grow up to be a well rounded person. If everyone else wants to pop in a DVD of "Finding Nemo" and have their kid strapped into a safety seat for the first 18 years of their life at school, in their house, and in their car, God bless them. How their kids will cope with the real world after that might be a problem, however...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

yeah i kinda agree. Its not like he was going 120mph on some local road. I mean whats the diffence between him doing what he did and merging onto the expressway or highway going 60-70mph??
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Yeah, good point both of you. I'll concede, as long as he keeps his finger off the NOS button it's probably not as big a deal as we're making it

accidents are good for kids...builds character
    in the old days my pappy crashed inta us on purpose

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    accidents are good for kids...builds character
    in the old days my pappy crashed inta us on purpose

haha did he drive a led sled?
    if its not fast it better be a show car