Raced a GTO!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Raced a GTO!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After talking last night about the 2 seconds for every 10 mph in the CTS-V, I did some research, again ...

After talking last night about the 2 seconds for every 10 mph in the CTS-V, I did some research, again through R&T and found that the GTO does:
    0-60: 5.3
    0-100: 12.9
    1/4 Mile: 13.8@103.8 mph

Again interesting how 0-100 takes 12.9 sconds but to go another 3.8 mph, it takes almost 1 more full second. What's up with these cars?

I know each magazine, be it Road & Track, Motor Trend, Car and Driver etc. manage to get different times for each car, but since I don't have a copy of Motor Trend or Car and Drive (infront of me atleast) I was wondering if someone could post their times for both the GTO and CTS-V. Im curious as to how these cars varied from each magazine.

-Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

simple answer is acceleration is not linear... and the force req'd to continue linear acceleration grows exponentially with speed due to ineficiencies as well as wind resistance which becomes very critical over 100mph.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

The reason would be that ls1's with a manual tanny have to shift into 4th gear right around 100mph.
    2002 Camaro Z28

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12