350Z vs. WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 350Z vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wow, who resurected this post from the dead? what I was trying to say is that I beat them when ...

wow, who resurected this post from the dead? what I was trying to say is that I beat them when I was stock and they had equal mods as the guy in the video. I am not trying to say "hey I have a 350z, look at me I'm soooo cool" Now I have mods and my buddies have more mods as well. I will try and get some videos of us all racing this weekend.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you at over 3200ft elavation? You sure arent and that explains alot. Here in the 1/4 mile you will avg about .8 sec slower. And turbo cars arent affect as much as a n/a car.

--Josh

Nah, we're fairly close to see level. Probably less than 800 feet above sea level. I don't see why I wouldn't beat him when I run low 13's and he runs low 14's.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Enough said:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails urabus.jpg  
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

^
    l
    l
    l

teh truth hurts

Originally posted by fengshui
    Enough said:
    LOL, haha. That so funny!! WOW .1 of a sec faster to 60mph is getting smoked. HAHA, thank for the laugh. I have seen that banner everywhere.

--Josh

No problem. But Nissan is going to have to up the ante in this country if they want to keep up with the sporty car market. Something tells me that unless Nissan brass screw that one up too, it'll one hell of a car. I hate when new CEOs come in and think they are doing all this stuff to create brand loyalty, when it just screws over their previous customer base. Now a days people don't want decent powered NA V6s, they want the cars of yesteryear, the 300zx TTs, 3000GT VR4s, Supra TTs, and RX7s. This prevents the previous generation of cars from holding a candle to the sports cars of the 90s. Only Subaru and Mitsubishi are still giving their customers the turbocharged great handling performance, that they always have, only abroad.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by fengshui
    Enough said:
    He better not have his whole family in the car AND the dog and still hope to smoke the 350z.....
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

I was pretty sure the 350z did 5.7 sec 0-60 mph and low 14 sec quarter, while our subaru wagon does high 13 sec quarters and 0-60mph in 5.3 sec
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Your probably right about the magazine times. Hmmm If I were to guestimate how fast I would be in a magazine race I would probably run a low 12. In reality, I will probably only hit 12.8. By the way that ad was pretty funny. Any central texas wrx owners up for a little run (houston, austin, dallas, area?? or college station if anyone from here reads this) Call me at 979-219-2748 My buddies and I need a road trip and would like to meet some more car nuts from around the area to go race with.

damn you guys, I think is gotten taken way the wrong way and a bit out of hand. I have had enough seat time against 350z (and driving his car from pretty close to stock vs stock, to varying levels of mods vs mods, to now where its stage 2 vs his listed mods. 350z is not one of the stuck up "all bow to the glory of Nissan" owners.

We have raced eleventy-billon times, from a stop and a roll, and here is the bottom line a bone stock 350z vs a WRX with mods in the video will be close with a win to the WRX from a stop, from a roll probably pretty even. When we first raced I had a turboback only and 350z had an intake and a cutout, we would race from a stop and he would win, consistently put a car on my by around 90-100 mph, I would get toasted from a roll. When I put on a mbc, uppipe, intercooler hoses and he traded his cutout for a real exhaust, it was a drivers race from a roll, and I would win from a stop. Now I am a stage 2 car (uppipe/turboback/ebc running 16 psi/unichip/pulley/ic hoses) vs his car (intake/exhaust/catless long tube headers/pulley/intake manifold) and if we race from a stop he will catch me by about 100 mph, if we race from a 2nd gear roll, he will put 2 cars on me by about the same speed.

We are both no how to drive and are pretty equal in drivers skill so that is not a factor. But to spout off all this nonsense about "poop on 350Zs" and "my mommas wagon can beat your car" is bull**** and a little bit of respect should to shown to someone who did not post any flames or start any fights, and respect should be given to a well built all around sports car that a 350z is, especially his car because it is not stock and is not slow.

but yeah, we will road trip and prove it to you if people still want to be forums racers
    I claim no responsibility for unintentional offense.

we have someone with a blown 350 around here. i got my ass handed to me.

2fast4uWRX..

I have run out on those runways before (my brother was in school there - Tiehh : Texas Tech ). Why did they stop races there anyway? Now they are up here in Canyon? Blah

Let me know the next time you are getting together with friends out at Reece...I will drive down for the afternoon. I was there today for the Tech Spring game.

[i]. 350z is not one of the stuck up "all bow to the glory of Nissan" owners. [/B]
    Nope it is the 350Z owners. They think their cars are unbeatable. Nissan owners aren't usually jerks talk to the older Z guys they are usually pretty cool and have more respect for other cars. I have an 86 300ZX Turbo and 350Z owners are jerks. They think that they are the best because their car is a 350Z and it is the newest of the Z line. It is great to see them get raped.

Also I'm a big WRX fan I'm looking at an STi to sit next to my Z in the garage while I run my poor Jetta to death as a daily driver.
    Zpooled Zo Zya
    ZPOOLNZ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.