Vw Gti Vr6 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Vw Gti Vr6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by wrxinthehouse Those numbers ("for the most powerful VW ever") are still lower than our stock numbers. Performance ...

Originally posted by wrxinthehouse
    Those numbers ("for the most powerful VW ever") are still lower than our stock numbers.
    Performance wise, yes, ratings, nope....241 vs. 227 hp. well, that's 241 bhp so what's that conversion? i'm pretty sure that it's still more than our 227.

I'm not saying anything about it being faster than the WRX (tests have proven otherwise), just that the R32 would not be an 'easy' win at the the track, one poor shift and oops, he got me!

Oh, and sorry, forgot to add the clip that it is 4 motion. Cool car though. Would not trade the Impreza for anything though unless someone wants to do a WRX for a 575 straight up! haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't think you WRX guys will need to worry about the R32. That car won't be seeing our shores any time soon....if ever.

Originally posted by fortuneman
    I don't think you WRX guys will need to worry about the R32. That car won't be seeing our shores any time soon....if ever.
    correct, maybe one or two tuner imported cars but you'll never run into those.

oh, and sobe, glad you liked that post, those guys are going nuts trying to figure out how to handle the WRX!!! haha.....they better just stick to honda bashing

dammit, i high-jacked another thread

SORRY!

Originally posted by SobeWRX

Sorry Sobe, I forgot - no VW could ever run with a WRX.

Drag Strip
    Dyno Pull
    Closed Road

Edit: Not bad for under $4000.00 in upgrades, huh?
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by wrxinthehouse
    Those numbers ("for the most powerful VW ever") are still lower than our stock numbers.
    Different gearing, different power profile, different launch technique. When someone posts their track time we will know. I don't consider 0-60 racing a sport.

True, but the numbers are still lower (like I said) There are a lot of races take place on the street, with a lot of those being from a stoplight. 0-60 may be more applicable than you think.

i just find it amusing that they need to resort to a limited edition only sold in europe car inorder to compete with the wrx stock vs stock, and it's number still don't equate with ours.

I never said, or meant that no vw could be modified to run good quarters times.

I'm sorry that you are touchy about vw performance.

Originally posted by WRXless

Sorry Sobe, I forgot - no VW could ever run with a WRX.

That thing is soooooooo bad ass! I want one!

-Jim

Originally posted by Retro

Different gearing, different power profile, different launch technique.
    a W12 engine might help to...

The S4 is a VW. So is Porsche for that matter.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    The S4 is a VW. So is Porsche for that matter.
    Not to forget Bentley, Bugatti, and Lamborghini.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Actually a well tuned Golf VR6 can and will smoke a WRX... its only limitation is it being FWD... however I know of at least one shop that will convert any Golf to AWD by way of using parts from Europe including welding in a new rear trunk deck to fit the system. This same shop has been VERY successful at turbo charging the VR6 and when done right they will run 11s with relative ease.

The VR6 is a much better engine to mod (if you are looking at extreme upgrades) than the 1.8 will ever be. Yeah the 1.8 is easier... just up the boost... but add boost to a VR6 via a turbo (screw the superchargers!!) and watch the faulk out!!

Again for those who dont know... the VR6 was originally designed as a turbo-diesel engine... the thing was designed from the get go to handle mad amounts of boost, something like 45 psi on the stock block!! They take very well to turbos with ones commonly running 20-25 psi without major problems....

Respect the VR6... they can be nasty!! The same shop has an all motor VR6 Golf running low 12s....

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

Originally posted by WRXless

Drag Strip
    Dyno Pull
    Closed Road

WRXless: is this your gti in the videos.

I'm curious, on apr's web site the stage 3 kit(as featured in vids) costs $3995 but doesn't include the full exhaust that is also required. apr stage 3 page see *

so unless you made your own exhaust for under 5 bucks and didn't get the kit shipped to you, it will actually cost >4K

more like 5K+
    Last edited by SobeWRX; 07-11-2002 at 12:29 PM.

Originally posted by SobeWRX

WRXless: is this your gti in the videos.

I'm curious, on apr's web site the stage 3 kit(as featured in vids) costs $3995 but doesn't include the full exhaust that is also required. apr stage 3 page see *

so unless you made your own exhaust for under 5 bucks and didn't get the kit shipped to you, it will actually cost >4K

more like 5K+
    No, that's not my GTI. Granted, the exhaust would be an extra $1099. Still, not bad for a mid 12 second 1.8 litre 4-banger.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123