Vw Gti Vr6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Vw Gti Vr6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 1.8T > VR6 You probably don't have to worry about VR6, but there are a lot of modified 1.8T out ...

1.8T > VR6

You probably don't have to worry about VR6, but there are a lot of modified 1.8T out there. And they gain a huge amount of hp with just chip and some exhaust work.

Tubo > NA

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by SobeWRX
    hey s4 what mods do you have??
    I'm really pissed one of my good friends just wrecked his s4. I hadn't got a chance to let him kick my a$$ since he got his new chip.
    Sorry to hear about your friend's accident. Is he ok? My car is completely stock. I would love to get a chip and exhaust, but I just bought a house and am saving for a wedding, so the car will remain stock.

The W8 Passat has a 0-60 in 6.5sec. I believe this is without 4 motion.

http://www.vw.com/Brochure/pdfs/passat_w8.pdf

The VR6 engines are nice as are the 1.8 T. For a VR6 all it takes is a turbo (and about $5k http://www.eiptuning.com/vr6turbo/stage2vr6turbo.html

Or the cheap route a 50-75hp shot of NOS.

I like VW interiors they are nice.

Ppower

Originally posted by Ppower

http://www.vw.com/Brochure/pdfs/passat_w8.pdf

The VR6 engines are nice as are the 1.8 T. For a VR6 all it takes is a turbo (and about $5k http://www.eiptuning.com/vr6turbo/stage2vr6turbo.html

Or the cheap route a 50-75hp shot of NOS.

I like VW interiors they are nice.

Ppower
    True, really any engine has potential to be made faster. I just meant the 1.8t is easier and cheaper to mod. I think that VW has one of the nicest interiors in that price range.

tan
    Originally posted by Ppower

Ppower
    the W8 comes only with 4Motion. Later this year, a 6-speed manual is coming.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    No one is claiming the GTI will hang with a WRX stock for stock. A modded GTI can however.
    that wasn't the ? anyway... we were asked if anyone had raced a gti/ which i have...

Dont get me wrong i love vw's I have a jetta vr6 as well as my WRX but mod for mod the wrx will stay on top of the gti

Ant.......
    life = one long drift

Originally posted by SobeWRX
    " Keep your fingers crossed that 4Motion doesn't come to North America."

Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by allwhldrifter

that wasn't the ? anyway... we were asked if anyone had raced a gti/ which i have...

Dont get me wrong i love vw's I have a jetta vr6 as well as my WRX but mod for mod the wrx will stay on top of the gti

Ant.......

Oh I am not denying the fact that the WRX has more performance out of the box. I do think that the AWD MAY hinder it's abilities a little bit if you are trying to build a truely fast car. I love my S4 and really, really like the WRX a whole lot, but I do admit that the AWD is not the best for some purposes. For most of us, it works perfectly. For those that area trying to build a true race car, there are better options.

Thumbs up

i would agree with that , 2001s4.....

Thats what I love about cars , they're like shoes- there's usually something out there for everyone....

oh and by the way my friend ryan had an s4 avant( i loved that car) killed it for a a8 i couldnt understand that move at first but after i rode in it - it made more sense, espeacially since he would rather pimp then speed....

Ant...........
    life = one long drift

The S4 is rather small, so I can understand your friends move. If he isn't into the power aspect so much, than the A8 maybe a better choice. Every bit as nice and more, with plenty of room inside.

Well, considering I own a Jetta VR6 I feel compelled to speak up . I really love my car and at the time it was fairly quick. Now I'm starting to look into a supercharger so I can run with the pack again, cars are getting faster and faster. The 1.8t should not be underestimated. Not even by you guys . Its truly an awesome tuners motor. The orginal 150hp 1.8t jumped to 196hp and 245lbs with a $500 chip upgrade. $1800 K04 turbo upgrade brought you to 240hp easily and you can go from there. A supercharger for my VR6 will give me 270hp but I'll need to shell out $4500 . I have a friend that is looking into the WRX and I dropped in here to see what the potential is and what the quirks were.

This is what the vw guys are saying in regards to the new R32 golf in Europe which is a hot little car that I would like to own but comeon now guys! haha! I'm a longtime fan of VW, still own an old GTI but I'm also a REALISTIC human being. I can't imagine driving that car though, that's a substantial improvement on the new VR6 with 6 speed which is a torquey pig, it's fun but hard to drive smoothly with all the torque. And it may be as fast as a WRX in the right hands if you don't know how to drive your WRX so don't just write off the VW camp. Now the R32 vs. WRX? Could be a nail-biter

Anyway, enjoy:

Copied from VWVORTEX: copyright?

compiled by:
    Jamie V.

Last edited:
    05.24.02 - 03:00
    Wolfsburg / Madrid - The most powerful series Golf ever built is currently being presented for the first time at the international automobile fair in Madrid (from 24 May to 2 June): The Golf R32 with a 177 kW / 241 bhp engine is an impressive demonstration of the dynamic potential of the German compact class bestseller.

The most important constructional point of the R32, which has a redesigned front, rear end and sill area compared to the other series production models, is a 3.2-liter V6 engine. In particular the front end, with its large air inlets, demonstrates the power of the engine. Technical features of the compact 6-cylinder engine, which is also used in the new luxury class saloon Phaeton, include continuously variable inlet valve timing, cylinder-selective knock control and a variable geometry intake manifold. The engine generates an output of 177 kW/241 bhp at 6250 rpm. Its maximum torque of 320 newton metres (236 lbs-ft. is available at just 2800 rpm. The appropriate sound is provided by the twin exhaust system. The two exhaust pipes positioned left and right characterize the striking rear end of the vehicle.

The engine gives the sportiest Golf a top speed of 245 km/h (140 mph) and acceleration of 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 6.4 seconds.

zumpango
    VWvortex Member

4 posts
    86 GTI 8V

Re: Madrid Auto Show 2002: Volkswagen Golf R32 (CorradoKidd) 3:28 PM 5-24-2002

We need this car so that we can kill the Subaru WRX.
    Last edited by glepko; 07-10-2002 at 07:19 AM.

Those numbers ("for the most powerful VW ever") are still lower than our stock numbers.

is it a 4-motion or fwd???

We need this car so that we can kill the Subaru WRX.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast