3 good kills

This is a discussion on 3 good kills within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; me and some of my friends went out to run to see how we would do because we all got ...

3 good kills

me and some of my friends went out to run to see how we would do because we all got some new mods done
    me in my wrx
    UTEC Stage 2 w/ Remote map switch
    BUSCHUR RACING 3" DOWNPIPE
    BUSCHUR RACING 3" CATBACK
    Helix Flex Uppipe
    Forge Blow Off valve

friend 1 in a 323
    mbc set to 15psi and new trany

friend 2 turbo civic
    b16 with a custom t3/t4 setup dynos at at 316.29 hp and 228.58 torque at 14psi

friend 3 gtp
    13.76 @ 102.37 at bandi on 6\29\03
    dynos at 399.5hp and 447.6tq

the first race me vs the 323 not much of a story got the jump of the line and pulled about 5 cars on hem.

second race me vs civic the one was close i got the jump of the start and pulled about 3 cars until third and he pulled hard and was at my rear bumper when we shut down

third race me vs gtp
    i got a bad start and only put 1 car on hem after that we stayed about the same until we shut down and he was at my back of my car

all in all it was fun but i think the gtp and the civic would have beet me if it was a 1/4 mile, the road was a little short of a 1/4mile but i don't no by how much

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm looking to get pretty much the same setup and i was wondering what you use for a map?
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

off the shelf 91 oct map and the civic had a b18 not a b16
    Last edited by black; 01-27-2004 at 01:44 PM.

nice races. but a civic with a b18 and turbo pushing over 300whp should have left you pretty badly

Re: 3 good kills

Originally posted by black
    friend 3 gtp
    13.76 @ 102.37 at bandi on 6\29\03
    dynos at 399.5hp and 447.6tq

Did you actually see friend 3's dyno sheets? Either that time was not run with those mods, or he is bull****ting you about the dyno numbers. Damn near 400 HP and 450 lb-ft at the wheels should net him a low 12 to high 11 1/4 mile in the 110 to 115 mph range.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    nice races. but a civic with a b18 and turbo pushing over 300whp should have left you pretty badly
    yeah he's right civic's with b18 and turbos are sleeper cars. i'm shocked to see those things run 1/4 mi times
    03 Artic Blue Pearl Acura RSX Type S:

as i seed before the road was not a 1/4 mile so that how i beet both cars, now as for the civic it has a big problem no LSD. and the gtp was dynode on race gas and no2, when it ran the 13.76 @ 102.37 it was on 91 and no no2 i think? o and the gtp is a auto. and yes i have seen both dyno sheets ill try to post them
    Last edited by black; 01-28-2004 at 02:16 PM.

Originally posted by black
    as i seed before the road was not a 1/4 mile so that how i beet both cars, now as for the civic it has a big problem no LSD. and the gtp was dynode on race gas and no2, when it ran the 13.76 @ 102.37 it was on 91 and no no2 i think? o and the gtp is a auto. and yes i have seen both dyno sheets ill try to post them
    ahhhhhh, that makes sense about the GTP, must have been a heavy shot though.

no lsd on civic=crappy traction, although he should have still killed you, but if it was a shorter than 1/4 mile it makes more sense. and if you were beating the gtp off the line, it prolly wouldnt have pulled on you. they usually get slower the faster they go.

i know a guy i used to race with. late 90's civic hatch, with B18c1 (GSR engine) with a turbo and gsr trans, and bolt ons. he only ran 6psi because he couldnt get traction on anything higher.

i dont know what he ran, prolly mid 12's or better. all i know is that he was beating BPU trans am's, and camaro SS, by more than 2 cars.

the dyno of the civic