4eat WRX vs. E36 M3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 4eat WRX vs. E36 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; MBC @ 15.5 psi, AEM Intake, Tranny Cooler...vs stock looking E36 M3....This guy followed me for like 2 miles, accelarating ...

4eat WRX vs. E36 M3

MBC @ 15.5 psi, AEM Intake, Tranny Cooler...vs stock looking E36 M3....This guy followed me for like 2 miles, accelarating right to my rear bumper and slowing down, with his gf (or something) in the car. Gets on my nerves. We get to a light....Best launch ever! Brake torque to ~3,800 rpm put like 4-5 cars on him by 80mph, he turns away before we can chat about how he was wasted and all...

Oh, Im in Denver, so I had an advantage over NA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good job

PROPS to the Auto launch
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Nice kill
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Nice kill
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Nice kill
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Do you have a high stall torque converter?

No, so I never do that...unless I really want a good launch, and I have the Heyden 403 tranny installed, just incase. The RPM I can get with brake torque really vary, depending on temperature I would guess. Sometimes I can get about 2,500 or 3,000. I wonder how it is for MT ownere who launch at 5,000.

Originally posted by eulerfx
    I wonder how it is for MT ownere who launch at 5,000.
    Expensive.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

they raced from a dig and only up to 80 so I could see it happening with both drivers racing
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

e36's are not monsters. theyre good cars... but nothing compared to e46's. ive raced many e36's and ive won most of the time. I am automatic too. I raced my friend who has one and has done a few mods in them... i raced him with what i have done to my car. we both had 2 people in the car and we both hit it from a 20 mph roll, and i had about 1.5 car lead with me slightly walking him. He's a great driver too.

i did lose once, but thats because my car was still stock... and u know, automatic and stock isnt too special.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

13.3 definetly wont happen in an automatic, let alone a manual on stock turbo.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by BLITZ's M
    Bro, are you serious? There is no way your automatic WRX is walking E36 M3's from a roll. Everyone here knows that you have to have some serious mods for that to occur. I have never been walked away from by a WRX from a roll. Now maybe I have not run into a highlt modified one yet, but that is not the point.

And 13.3 in an automatic Really? come on get real!
    Hahahahaha...dude, you've got the WRONG M3 to have this attitude.

My best friend has a '97 M3 with intake and exhaust - the car is awsome, handles like a dream and has a great power curve, pretty quick for its time, etc.. But with my measly mods, I can keep up with him from a dig, roll, etc...I can usually stay within 2-3 cars of him and my car can't launch for ****. No torque and FWD will do that to you

I can easily see a WRX with the above mentioned mods, MBC at 15.5psi, etc.. running down a stock E36 m3. C'mon, they run low 14s stock, its not like they're unbeatable.

Its a great car, just doesn't warrant the cockiness in a straight line. Now throw some curves in there and you've got a damned good case.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by BLITZ's M
    I am in no way claiming that my car is unbeatable. You really make no sense. Staying within two or three cars of someone is nothing to brag about. I can stay with in two or three cars with a lot of cars, but that doesn't mean anything. My point is, that a WRX without serious mods ie. stage 4 can't stay with an E36 M3 from a roll. They just loose to much in the top end. I'm not being cocky at all. I just don't think this guy who posted the original kill understands that he got very lucky.

And I do not believe the guy that says he ran a 13.3 with an auto WRX. Like I said before, I have found that is is pretty easy to walk away from WRX's on the roll. I respect the car alot, but let's be honest here. I have a but load more top end, and I can stay right with a stock STI. So tell me how a WRX is gonna be able to walk an E36??
    I'm telling you that you're full of ****. Does that make enough sense?

Stage 4 WRX would rape a stock E36 M3. You run 14.0 at what, 100mph at best? Please dude, THAT'S nothing to brag about and Stage 4 Rex's are trapping higher than 100mph. I have a feeling that Stage 2's can come awfully close to that trap speed.

I think the question you need to ask yourself is "what would it take me to stay with a STI or anything higher than a Stage 1 WRX from a DIG" since that's what real racing is about. Rolling races are for people that can't drive...no skill involved, just downshift and go. WRX's stock can hit low, low 14s. So anything more modded than stock, and you're in a bit of trouble.

I can't believe your attitude made me kind-of bash the M3, since the E36 is one of my favorite all-time cars. But you need to think about what you're saying...racing from a roll, bah. You sound like you drive a Honda

smokey... come on man, they have better power to weight ratios, and both of these automatics are stock turbo, and one claims low 13's... thats smells like a little BS. Not enough power being made here. auto wrx's are NOT low 13 cars in stock trim...they are high 14's and low 15 second worthy. Stock Auto GSX's are slow as piss, they lose to a chipped A4 ( manual )every time.

I would not mod my automatic to make it M3 fast, but rather just so it wasnt so damn slow. it would be like your forced to launch at 3 grand instead of 5, every time.

I will bet that a 4eat with only a boost controller does not get 13's.
    Gtech times are never consistent. Stock M3 can run in the 13.8 range.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    smokey... come on man, they have better power to weight ratios, and both of these automatics are stock turbo, and one claims low 13's... thats smells like a little BS. Not enough power being made here. auto wrx's are NOT low 13 cars in stock trim...they are high 14's and low 15 second worthy. Stock Auto GSX's are slow as piss, they lose to a chipped A4 ( manual )every time.

I would not mod my automatic to make it M3 fast, but rather just so it wasnt so damn slow. it would be like your forced to launch at 3 grand instead of 5, every time.

I will bet that a 4eat with only a boost controller does not get 13's.
    Gtech times are never consistent. Stock M3 can run in the 13.8 range.
    Um, I never defended the notion that an auto WRX could run a 13.3. I was merely talking about a race between a WRX and a stock E36 M3. Please re-read what the guy just posted and my response. If I am incorrect in my assumptions, I will racant.

E36 M3's are 14.0 flat in stock form - probably trap about 100mph I'd imagine. We were discussing what it would take for a WRX to beat one from a roll..I then returned the favor and basically stated that even minimally modded WRX's can do quite well with a M3 from a dig. Or I could just throw out every race story on these boards involving M3's since most guys claim they can beat them.

Edit: In retrospect, I should have clarified that I was talking about a 5MT WRX..I guess I did not realize that we were discussing auto WRX's. My apologies.
    Last edited by smokey; 01-28-2004 at 12:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.