4eat WRX vs. E36 M3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 4eat WRX vs. E36 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by BLITZ's M I think if you re-read my post's you will see that I know a WRX, ...

Originally posted by BLITZ's M
    I think if you re-read my post's you will see that I know a WRX, stock, or otherwise will out launch an E36 M3 9 out of 10 times. All I was saying is BS that he ran a 13.3 in an automatic WRX, and that the other got lucky because the M3 guy either was not racing, or did not know how to drive his car.

I see that you thought we were discussing manual trannies, but I still do not agree with what you say about M3's vs. WRX's. Now speaking solely form experience, I am telling you that I have been out launched by a few WRX's but have come back to over take them over 70 - 80 mph. I am also not stock either so that does make a difference.
    Fair enough - I apologized already for assuming that this was a 5MT WRX we were talking about. Also, i was not aware that you had mods. My buddy has intake/exhaust and it certainly seems a bit faster than a stock E36 M3.

He's going to get the power programmer next from Bavarian Autosport. Do you have any experience with that programmer?

And yes, the top end of the M3's are flat out sick. Not having O/D in 5th sure helps you guys out
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyway, before everyon's panties get in a twist over an auto WRX beating an e36, you missed three important words in his story:

I'm in Denver

Denver is not So. Cal. Your e36 is not as badass as you would like to believe at 5280 feet.
    2000 Forester - 2003 Cadillac CTS - 1988 Toyota Celica AllTrac - 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T - 1968 Cadillac Eldorado

It must be so cool, having the forced induction advantage over other cars...
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

From the experts around here I hear that as a pretty good approx. the NA cars lose about a second in the 1/4 mile while the turbos lose 1/2 seconds.

I'm sure a roll race would have turned out differently, though now with the MBC I feel the car really pulls from a roll as well. I'm also sure the guy was racing, because he was the one who instigated, and do you really think I would only put 4-5 cars on a car that wasnt racing on a 40 mph street by 80 mph?

Maybe he was a crap driver, who knows...The thing I know is that its the second time i beat an e36 from a dig, and the first time was no mods at all. Both races lasted up until ~80mph, though it would have probably been different after that.

I know that because of the way my friends 325i hangs with me in the top end, even though he's a 92, though its a bit different now with the MBC...

Well not to bring up a sad subject to anyone in this thread i.e. the bmw owner.

I wouldn't say the WRX has no top end power if they are pulling 13's in the 1/4, there has to be SOME top end power in there somewhere.

I've beat an E36 m3 from a roll in an infiniti I30t (modified) but still n/a. My wrx is probably a stage 1 depepending on who is looking (up/dp/udp/dsbc/unichip). I trap at speeds over 100.

I've also beat down an m3 in my wrx from a low roll. Both getting on the free way and my lane merged with his, so I gunned it and I heard his intake begin to growl, I flipped up the boost controller and walked him up to about 100 when he flashed his lights that I could get over. I would call this a win, but maybe he backed off because he knew I wouldn't and took safety in consideration. Not the point here.

Now I know that an equally modified m3 will have a different story to tell in this situation. I dont know what the real potential of the E36 is until it becomes forced inducted. But it was to my understanding that BMW sends them from the factory pretty well tuned.
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

I have beaten a 5sp E36 m3 w/ exhaust up to 110 with my current mods, minus intake and i/c hoses, with repeatability.

Mods are in profile.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by ryland
    I have beaten a 5sp E36 m3 w/ exhaust up to 110 with my current mods, minus intake and i/c hoses, with repeatability.

Mods are in profile.
    sorry about the PM. I misread your message. I'll take remedial reading again. sorry.

You PM box is full BTW.
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

Originally posted by LouieWRX
    sorry about the PM. I misread your message. I'll take remedial reading again. sorry.

You PM box is full BTW.

No problem, that's what I figured had happened.

I'll delete a bunch of my PM's too
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Fixed
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12