Check out the numbers on our Evo! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Check out the numbers on our Evo! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by WRC_Obsessed What's going on at 3500 rpms? My guess is that the boost controller opens there some ...

Originally posted by WRC_Obsessed
    What's going on at 3500 rpms?
    My guess is that the boost controller opens there some to "limit" the boost (keep it at the set pressure). The boost ramps up in a hurry and the controller is just a tick slow to prevent a smallish spike.

Thats my theory anyways.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by WRC_Obsessed
    What's going on at 3500 rpms?
    They removed the boost restrictor pill. It creates a spike at around 3500.

your dad is AWESOME
    if its not fast it better be a show car

your dad rocks.

I WANT AN EVO!!

Originally posted by XtianLA
    The total for all those mods was a little over 2k. I'd say that's good bang for the buck. It would have been even cheaper but my dad didn't want me to order his parts online because he didn't want to wait for them, so I had to go local.

So to compete with my dad, I am getting a new APS turbo, not sure which one yet though. We think my VF30 is dead. It's making a really high pitched whining noise whenever I get into boost and it's just too loud to be spool. I think somehow something might have gone through the turbine wheel and got chewed up. We'll see though. Brainstorm is pulling apart the turbo for me within the week. If it's broken I'll have pics for you guys.
    That's pretty good.

I did 306whp and 293lbs of torque for about 3-3.5k but i used a 93/104 mix.
    2005 WRB STI - TBE, CAI, Protune
    1.74 60 foot -8.30 1/8@83.66mph

2002 WRX (Gone)
    1.80 60 foot - 8.15 1/8 mile - 12.61@112.19

Yeah, I forgot to mention. This was on Los Angeles 91 Octane piss running at 1.35bar. (kinda hard to see it on the sheet)

And yes, it is cool having a dad who is into cars

As for Brainstorm's dyno, the owner told me stock Rex's only hit about 158whp, so it's definitely not a liar

I thought you were supposed to Dyno is 4th gear?
    Or is that just for 6 speeds?
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

you were the Wrx and SRT-4 that was down at the shop on Tuesday? My friend was down there, he called me up to go down there but i was really sick. My friend is one of the workers down there. Is your Wrx on RPF-1's??

Best 1/8th = 8.71@79
    Best 60' = 1.88
    Dyno: 221 whp / 195 tq

GOAL: 300 whp @ 91 pump

Yeah, it's on RPF-1's My buddy does have a yellow SRT-4, but he hasn't been to the shop with me yet. Believe it or not, there is an Evolution 7 there right now! My Rex will be there for prolly a week and a half until they can pull of my VF30 and take a look at it. Maybe we'll run into eachother sometime.

cool....it'd be nice to meet another fellow suby owner. I usually drop by the shop once a week or so. Either in my friends red integra (kinda big filipino guy) or in my white wrx. If you head down there with your car for a dyno session....send me a hollar.
    Best 1/8th = 8.71@79
    Best 60' = 1.88
    Dyno: 221 whp / 195 tq

GOAL: 300 whp @ 91 pump

What up Chris

Originally posted by XtianLA
    Yeah, it's on RPF-1's My buddy does have a yellow SRT-4, but he hasn't been to the shop with me yet. Believe it or not, there is an Evolution 7 there right now! My Rex will be there for prolly a week and a half until they can pull of my VF30 and take a look at it. Maybe we'll run into eachother sometime.
    No wonder I stayed in Front of you Chris, it was you turbo that was messed up. I was waiting for you to pass me but you didn't! I won't mess with you after it's out the shop I will once I get STG 2 and a few other goodies in line, he he. See you tommorrow at the meet. Peace
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

you're supposed to dyno in the gear that has the closest 1:1 ratio
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Since the units are the same ones used on other dyno charts, that is ftlbs for torque and hp for power, why are the two curves (torque and hp) crossing at about 4250 rpms, instead of 5250 rpms?

Here is a rwhp chart for an SV650 motorcycle. I can post others, but they all have curves that cross at 5250 rpms. This is supposed to be the same in all dyno runs using torque and hp unless the engine doesn't spin high enough, as in heavy duty medium diesels, etc. There is a possible error in the chart.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00budget_sv650dyno.jpg  

Originally posted by britishbikes
    Since the units are the same ones used on other dyno charts, that is ftlbs for torque and hp for power, why are the two curves (torque and hp) crossing at about 4250 rpms, instead of 5250 rpms?

Here is a rwhp chart for an SV650 motorcycle. I can post others, but they all have curves that cross at 5250 rpms. This is supposed to be the same in all dyno runs using torque and hp unless the engine doesn't spin high enough, as in heavy duty medium diesels, etc. There is a possible error in the chart.
    If you look at the bottom you will see that the HP numbers are SAE corrected, but the torque numbers are not corrected.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

I can see where it shows what mods and possibly the boost on the blue curves, but no correction factors, no "SAE." I can also see that the red curves are baseline for a stock motor. I see "AOOC (?) 2113" and "2115." (?) All the correction factors I've seen on bike charts are for correcting atmosphereic conditions and are usually just a few percent. The read like this: Correction factor: 1.04. It would take a heck of a correction factor to move the hp curve that much. What am I missing?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.