Wrx Ate an STI, 2 out of 3 times...and my car throws flames yey

This is a discussion on Wrx Ate an STI, 2 out of 3 times...and my car throws flames yey within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, so let me make the story shorter. we always go up to spring valley ny to race. there are ...

Cool Wrx Ate an STI, 2 out of 3 times...and my car throws flames yey

Ok, so let me make the story shorter. we always go up to spring valley ny to race. there are always a bunch of ricers and a bunch of crazy cracked out american cars. well usually the american cars are sick and the ricers are slow. im somewhere in the middle. so last time i went to race, since i had some new found power, my clutch couldnt take it, and i just burned it. now this time (1/4 mile) i decided i'd give it a shot versus a new sti with a chip and exhaust to see how i would do. so This time I just bogged out so i wouldnt kill my clutch and trans. he didn't beat me by that much, but my ego was hurt. so i got him to race me twice more from a roll. not only did i beat him from a roll, i destroyed him. twice. in the end we both shook hands and said it was a good race. even though if i had any type of launch it wouldnt have been a race. (grins and wishes for more money to buy the sti trans)....well in due time. im just happy i could smoke him....setup is stage 4 tmic, 650cc injectors, and the real difference here... PE1820 20psi, 305whp, but a laggy 305....

after we raced he was like WHOA it was awesome when you shifted because there was a fireball every time. i was puzzled cause i had no idea. but hey, if i shoot fireballs, thats cool with me.

thank god i beat somebody LOL.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ahh! Cannibalism!... my 1820-equipped car has been guilty of similar acts of cruelty!

nice run!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

So you lost from a dig? I guess the STi has something to be happy about.
    Run what you brung, bad clutch or not you did get beat.
    But thats racing.

I was having clutch problems one night and got beat by a modded Ford Lightning I had a grude match with. I usually ran 8.10s - 8.20s in the 1/8 mile, but this night with a slipping clutch I could only manage 8.40s-8.50s. I ended up just barely getting beat. I was pissed .So I know it can happen.

If you're spitting flames, doesn't that mean you are running increadibly rich? So couldn't you dyno tune, lean out the A/f and get quite a bit more power?
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

my car is dyno tuned...thanks
    its tuned safely. i would rather have it safe, and when im flooring it spit flames than be lean and pop the motor.

as far as losing, i raced an evo that was pretty modded, i dropped it at 5 grand and stood in place, so i told the sti owner, im just going to put it in gear, and floor it to see what happens. no excuses here. i'll have an upgraded trans in due time. you should have seen the look on his face when we went from a roll
    oh wait, i couldn't see his face because he was THAT far behind. i need to work on my launch because im new to having this turbo setup. it seems at 5000rpms the clutch has problems and 4000rpms i bog. so maybe i'll try around 4500.

Re: ...

Originally posted by M3toWRX
    my car is dyno tuned...thanks
    its tuned safely. i would rather have it safe, and when im flooring it spit flames than be lean and pop the motor.

Damn, wasn't trying to talk ****, just letting you know why the flames are there. You alluded that you didn't know why they were present...ask and ye shall receive.

Anyway, I'm not saying "lean it out to the very edge of safety," I was just suggesting that leaning it out might provide more power. I know those flames look really cool though..and are great cop magnets. Sorry for the advice!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Flames rock........now all you need is a chain steering wheel, fuzzy dice and skull shifter and youll be set.

Originally posted by skyjock41
    Flames rock........now all you need is a chain steering wheel, fuzzy dice and skull shifter and youll be set.
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

lol

very funny...im not worried about being a cop magnet because im only spitting flames when i floor it. the cops dont bother me at all surprisingly.....hey the fuzzy dice are hot...and that whole thing is too..it would go great with a v8 gto or chevelle. eh...whatever

Good race, I'm afraid I won't be launching my sti block'd WRX until I get a new tranny as well.

A lot of cars that run catless shoot flames regardless of the A/F.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)