Modded GTP vs. Modded EVO
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Modded GTP vs. Modded EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not a WRX but a good race... I was driving on the Atlantic City Expressway when I noticed HID come ...

Modded GTP vs. Modded EVO

Not a WRX but a good race...

I was driving on the Atlantic City Expressway when I noticed HID come up from behind me quickly. It was a nice Silver EVO.
    I moved over to the right lane and sped up hoping he would read my license plate holder (Gone in 13 Seconds! & Clubgp.com)
    He floors it next to me and this thing moved!!! I got up next to him and we went from 70-130 (NO Traffic) with him starting at my back door and by the end his rear was at my hood.

I was having problems with my blower and just got a new one sent today. I am only getting 5-6psi instead of the usual 9psi. I always seem to get the good races when stuff is broke .

I do not think you can post street racing stories on evolutionm.net, but I wanted to see what this guy had other then an exhaust? I tried to get him to pull off but he sped away.... He was probably suprised the 4 door debadged family car kept up with him........

I like the Evo a lot, one of my favorite cars....

Thanks
    Greg

13.332 @ 103mph on 1.97 60ft (Street Trim)
    Stock Tires, Throttle Body, Super Charger, Mufflers
    3610LBS Race Weight

Mods:
    3.3 Pulley
    1.9 Rockers
    DHP PCM
    3" Downpipe
    (Not bad for <$1000 in mods)

http://www.apisureshot.com/gtp/1339.wmv

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

13.3 with a 1.9 60ft in that thing? Great driving!
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

gtps are so tight i love em my friend has one thats runs 12s on 18s but its a coupe
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Nice run, I raced a Beautiful Blue Evo last week from a dead stop. He didn't launch so I pulled 1/2 a car on him then after his Turbo kicked in he had me by a good 2-3 cars! Just hearing that Turbo spool up made my night!
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

On EvoM, if you post in the "Other Cars" forum, you should be good. Or you can post in one of the regional forums. Someone should find it.
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

Nice run there, I wish I could run into one sometime.....just maybe not from a dead stop if he launches hard. You AWD guys have it made from a dig if you launch and can eat us FWD up...
    Nice 60' too!!! I wish I could do that well on street tires....my best of all time has only been 2.05....lol. Anyway nice run, too bad you weren't making usual power as you would have likely hung right by him. What's wrong w/ your blower?
    Dave
    '01 GTP 4-dr
    Best ET: 13.490 @ 103.51
    2.115 sec. 60'
    Basic mods

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.