First kill in the ls1!!! M3 goes down! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on First kill in the ls1!!! M3 goes down! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Badass, must be cool to oblitterate cars from a roll... Get some heads to go along with a cam, and ...

Badass, must be cool to oblitterate cars from a roll... Get some heads to go along with a cam, and its time to start boxin with supra's and other beasts

I wonder if that M3 thought he had a chance, or if he just knew... "oh thats an LS1, im gonna get waxed"

brings a smile to my face
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

346 cubic inches of highflowing, redneck technology.

is it a manual or AT? i drove an 01 SS 6spd, it had an enormous well of torque at any engine speed. Anyone that doesnt respect these cars needs to take one for a spin, pulls 3rd harder than 2nd, and doesnt drop off at all.

I drove the SS immediately after driving a 97ws6. The LT1 didnt feel as comfortable at speed, and 3rd gear was weaker than 2nd. The LS1 is much much more aggressive. Did i mention 6th gear at 80 produces really cool v8 grumbles that made me want to trade my car in.. and u can bog it over 80 and revs still climb in quick fashion. But if you lay off, u get pretty decent gas mileage. 26hwy

best part.... HIGHLY moddable
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    The best thing about this car is that it already scares the pants off me, and I've only done 3 minor mods... Its the kind of car you can give your friend a ride in, and they'll be like, "OMG this thing is fast..." and you havent even done any mods to it...

I think im gonna do suspension and brakes next though, its seriously fast enough for now. I feel like the engine's potential is limited by the stock suspension and brakes.
    2003 SRT-4

I think im gonna do suspension and brakes next though, its seriously fast enough for now. I feel like the engine's potential is limited by the stock suspension and brakes.
    That is a smart idea!!! while it is fun to go fast, you still have to be able to control that speed.
    My freind has a 2002 Formula, it dyno'd 307 RWHP STOCK!!! not a single mod...even stock filter! His best 1/4 stock was 13.1@106, he then cut off the stock mufflers replaced them with 1 glasspack, and ran 13.03@108! And for X-mas he bought himself a set of SLP Long tube headers, 16" stock firebird rims and a set of Nitto DRs!!

Plus another freind of mine has a 2002 Z28 with a Corsa Exhaust, Hooker Long tubes, and a whisper lid. He dyno'd 335RWHP.....I used to have the link to his dyno graph, but after my computer crashed I lost it

Both cars are M6, I hear the autos don't dyno near as high cause the Torque Convertor robs so much of the power.

Anyway have fun, these cars can be made into absolute MONSTERS!!!!
    Stock or something close to it.....

Nice Kill! don't underestimte the M's though. I would give you a damn good run for your money. I have walked a few camaro's in my car. He was probably stock, and didn't know how to drive.

And to the guy who said "he loves to hear about people killing BMW's" why bro? you jealous. TOOL!

Cutouts are cool, I'm runnin' one on my WRX too! 3" electrical cutout from Qtec.

Why did you put them AFTER the cats, I put mine 12" after the turbo, before the cats, and muffler. Sounds damn good at WOT too. You could be gaining a few more extra HP by moving the cutout to BEFORE the cats. I'd put one on each exhaust manifold if I were you.

-jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    That's awesome Jason. Throw on some headers and exhaust to wake up the neighbors now.
    A guy just moved in across the street from me with an LS1 Camaro, it wakes me up.

Originally posted by PKer
    A guy just moved in across the street from me with an LS1 Camaro, it wakes me up.

I had a stage 2 Head/Cammed LS1 99z28 with headers, y pipe, borla exhaust wide open (catless)
    It was so loud that everyone would just look at me driving down the street. I would be sitting at a stop light and people an 1/8 mile away at a gas station would look my way when I left the line at the light and gassed it. It was loud. Too loud
    I had to drive it so real slow whenever cops were around. It was an instant ticket. I'm sure my neighbors hated it.

My catless STi, which my neighbors think is loud is easily 10 times quieter than my modded LS1

The first morning I thought it was some kind of truck with short pipes.

Originally posted by PKer

I had a stage 2 Head/Cammed LS1 99z28 with headers, y pipe, borla exhaust wide open (catless)
    What kind of power were you making?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12