Here we GO. STi vs. EVO8 1/4mile from a DIG - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Here we GO. STi vs. EVO8 1/4mile from a DIG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If you go for a downpipe, you'll probably have to go back to your stock muffler to avoid boost creep. ...

If you go for a downpipe, you'll probably have to go back to your stock muffler to avoid boost creep. God has commented on this before.
    http://homepage.mac.com/supermarkus/PhotoAlbum1.html

Mullet haiku:
    Daughter's BMX
    Takes me to welfare office
    Trans Am is on blocks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice race

im sorry i have a hard time believing that if both cars are stock boost that an evo could even hang from a roll.. ive driven both cars and for 1 the sti has so much more tourqe and 2 the 6spd pulls harder then the 5spd evo. he has to be boosting .. specially if ur both just running catbacks.

Well, I am going to throw the stock recirc vavle on and see how it feels. Unfortunately I will only be able to monitor any changes in boost, my EGT gauge is not sensing yet....dont know if the small period of running rich would even be visible on the EGT gauge!?

Ever since I have had the car, I feared detonation. I have never heard it(try to listen at least once every week). Has anyone who never heard detonation get the re-flash from subaru? My STi was delivered in October and since I never heard detonation myself I concluded that Subaru may have fixed it after the first STi's came over with the problem.

And I wont be putting on my Invidia DP until at least E-M becomes available and I can also port my wategate. Dont have the Stock cat-back anymore. My WRX had the HKS cat-back and I swapped them at the dealer when I traded the cars in.
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Greddy: EGT, Boost, Oil Press Gauges
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

OH BTW.... My driving abilities, intelligence, and general moral foundation were questioned on NASIOC. No help what-so-ever there
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

Originally posted by LukeWRX
    OH BTW.... My driving abilities, intelligence, and general moral foundation were questioned on NASIOC. No help what-so-ever there
    That doesn't surprise me one bit. That place is worse than supraforums; question the utter and complete superiority of their car and prepare to get hammered.

On another note, the evo is probably a factory freak. Some have been known to run higher boost from the factory than others. I have driven both cars NUMEROUS times and the sti is slightly faster stock for stock.

That doesn't surprise me one bit. That place is worse than supraforums; question the utter and complete superiority of their car and prepare to get hammered. On another note, the evo is probably a factory freak. Some have been known to run higher boost from the factory than others. I have driven both cars NUMEROUS times and the sti is slightly faster stock for stock.
    Yes, according to them I am the most incompetent driver to ever grace Americas blacktop, because the STi is obviously FAR superior to the EVO

Anyway, I believe the factory freak scenario
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by bluevilevo8
    That doesn't surprise me one bit. That place is worse than supraforums; question the utter and complete superiority of their car and prepare to get hammered.
    I'd love to be able to defend the "other" Subie forum, but I can't. I still participate over there occasionally, but the attitude got to be a bit much for me.

LukeWRX:Good races! An Evo is a worthy competitor...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Yes, I will still participate over there. Great technical information. I just have to get a shiny pedastal too
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

VOLVO s60R

I just saw a VOLVO S60R in person at the STL auto show...TIGHT! the interior is a work of art as is the entire car...18's brembos, 300hp awd 6speed manual with twin intercoolers and a pretty big KKK turbo runnin 14.7 lbs of boost stock...according to C&D, the thing is losing to an evo in the 1/4 mile, by only .1 second, yet by 130 is over a full second AHEAD of an EVO. With a few tweaks this car could be a monster...i WANT ONE...any thoughts???

I Support ClubWRX

Re: VOLVO s60R

Originally posted by STLWRX69
    ...any thoughts???
    No thoughts, but one question:
    What does any of that have to do with an STi running an Evo from a dig?
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

its a street racing post, and if the claims of evo's beating STi's from a roll is true, it would stand to reason that STi's AND EVO's shouldn't take a race with a volvo lightly. I personally find it hard to believe that an STi would lose to an evo on a roll but with the gearing and time loss between shifts maybe its possible..the link between the two is that there's not a ton of manual tranny turbo awd sedans out there ....there's more in common between the s60r and the evo and STI then the dodge dakotas and ls1's i see all over this site...ive never been able to get a race from an EVO..i dont see too many runnin around here...
    Last edited by STLWRX69; 01-31-2004 at 08:57 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by STLWRX69
    its a street racing post, and if the claims of evo's beating STi's from a roll is true, it would stand to reason that STi's AND EVO's shouldn't take a race with a volvo lightly
    Still sounds like a seperate subject to me. Oh well, whatever...
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

i agree...evos are a very rare specimen

i know two guyz that have them and tehy're both super cool tho, we're all about havin fun and street racing...

ohh, what is "excessive acceleration, spinning tires/hi rpm, dry pavement?

apparently i got wrote up for that the other day....WHAT THE F???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast