Just had the sweetest race with a modified S4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just had the sweetest race with a modified S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming south on San Tomas I hit a red light at El Camino Real. Look to my left and notice ...

Thumbs up Just had the sweetest race with a modified S4

Coming south on San Tomas I hit a red light at El Camino Real. Look to my left and notice a clean looking S4 with an exhaust. "Too bad were both behind a few cars" I think to myself. I get a gap and move to the front of traffic at the next light. I look to the left in my rear view and didn't see the S4 making a move so I figure he didn't want to play. Oh well. At that moment I see some HIDs coming up on my right. Looks like he wanted to play after all.

Light goes green and I get about a half car on him at the launch and managed to pull about a half car by the top of third. At that point were doing 85ish in a 45 so we both cool off. I put my passenger window down at the next light and had a nice chat. Turns out we both had chip and exhaust. Real cool guy to go with a fun race. Props to the guy for being cool and having a sweet ride. That's how all street encounters should be.

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Always cool when you have a run with someone who doesn`t act like a **** if they win/lose, and just appreciates someone else using their car for what its potential.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill and good story. And how come you always get all these people race you and no one ever wants to run me

how come you always get all these people race you and no one ever wants to run me
    I actually went hunting for this one . I took the long way home from the gym to see if anyone was out and got lucky. After the race I went home with the biggest grin. The S4 sounded mean and they are just as easy to mod as the WRX so I was prepared to get my ass handed to me and pleasantly surprised when the grocery getter held its own.

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

S4 guys usually seem to be pretty cool
    This guy in an S4 that sounded bad-as-hell (AKA..best S4 i ever heard) asked me to race... he took off like i was standing still.

when we stopped he opened his wallet and passed me a timeslip for 11.9, apparently he was twin turbos.. i forget how big.. and a slew of other stuff. Really nice guy. The other S4s ive messed with/raced have always been cool as well
    Scott

I'm surprised you faired as well as you did. Rest assured that if the race involved 4th gear, he would've passed you. Modified S4s are BEASTS. I recently went for a ride in Autospeeds stock S4 and I was impressed. What a nice (and god-awful fast) car.

-Jim

S4's have a lot more potential than any WRX.
    Never stop learning.

My friend's stage II '01 S4 pulls on me with a chip and exhaust... and I'm in an sti with blitz sus intake. They're friggin amazing cars! I personally like the v6 bi-turbo better, but the new ones LOOK even MORE amazing!!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

I'll always love the S4, I almost bought a used one instead of the WRX and some parts of me regret the decision I made.

Racing on El Camino Real? That's a pretty busy street from what I remember. *sigh* how I miss SF.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Race was on San Tomas between El Camino and Stevens Creek. San Tomas is an expressway (3 lanes, lights far apart, and 45-55MPH speed limit) which makes it a great stretch of road to race up to 80ish.

Jimbo

A guy here in York, PA has a S4 with mods similar to that of AWE Tunings Silver Bullet. Upgraded turbos, intercooler, and engine management. Has around 500 crank hp. I followed him onto interstate in 2nd and we both floored it. It was unbelievable how fast he pulled away. Very impressive. Its kinda cool to see the difference between 285 hp and 500 hp! By the way I have Cobb Stg 2 reflash.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Jimbo
    Race was on San Tomas between El Camino and Stevens Creek. San Tomas is an expressway (3 lanes, lights far apart, and 45-55MPH speed limit) which makes it a great stretch of road to race up to 80ish.

Jimbo
    Yep. I sometimes use San Tomas to log some runs in my car to look for knock. But I can never seem to find anyone that wants to run 'em.

Originally posted by wms291
    A guy here in York, PA has a S4 with mods similar to that of AWE Tunings Silver Bullet. Upgraded turbos, intercooler, and engine management. Has around 500 crank hp. I followed him onto interstate in 2nd and we both floored it. It was unbelievable how fast he pulled away. Very impressive. Its kinda cool to see the difference between 285 hp and 500 hp! By the way I have Cobb Stg 2 reflash.
    What color is the car? Any idea who it is? I sold my car to a guy in that area, just wondering if he built it up.

Nice race.

I used to be able to race my friends S4...till he got a chip. Now he blows my doors off.
    I created my avatar.

german cars are sick when they are tuend right or not breaking the s-4 twin turbo setup is sick with achip it easily boost 20 psi like water the s-4 motir s the same setup as in the vr-6s minus the twins
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast