Z28s vs. Turbo Sleepers
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Z28s vs. Turbo Sleepers within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everybody, This kid i know has a camaro Z28 and is quite obsessed about it. Also, he knows I ...

Camaro Z28

Hey everybody,
    This kid i know has a camaro Z28 and is quite obsessed about it. Also, he knows I like the WRX and continually bashes it etc. If anyone has any ammunition as to why the WRX is better than the Z28 other than things such as it has all wheel drive etc. I need some help putting this kid in his place! Thank ya

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Humm ...

Why don't you take him out one day and run against him? Do 3-5 runs and see how you guys fair.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I can't think off many, but then again, I have a biased opinion.. Maybe weight, handling on tight tracks, stock 60 foots, be creative.
    LETS PLAY

Spend $995 and drop a Vishnu Stage 0 in your WRX and take him out and give him some real life experience as to why the WRX is better.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Warning: MotorMatrix owes ClubWRX.net Advertisement Fees and refuses to pay. Do not buy ANYTHING from MotorMatrix or SubaruPower.com!
    well, for example i ran a Z28 SS last week from a dead stop. Now this SS was not stock. he claimed 12.6 in the 1/4 mile. My best time so far is 13.03. i whipped him by about 3 cars in more than 1/4 mile. i was at 110 when i let off.I jumped from the start by more than 5 cars and he could never catch up. Why is the WRX better?? because it runs the same #'s on the street as it does at the track. Ive taken vipers on the street in light to light racing. talked about a shocked look on their face!! thats my .02

Taking in Viper in a street race has to be the ultimate high. I can't even imagine the look on the guys face getting beat by a 4 door Subaru.

Haha...

I want a VIPER too ... I wanna see their faces when I stay w/ them ( hopefully ) or even beat them ( hehe ) w/ my roof rack.
    2004 STI White/Gold

i'm hijacking this thread...what brand is your rack, chu? I've got a yakima from my maxima, and want to get clips for the wrx...?

Haha...

Mine's a mix of Thule and Yakima parts. I was trying to save as much parts from my old Thule roof rack from my 90 Accord to use on my 02 WRX. I have the Thule towers, clips, bars, and farring while using the Yakima trays.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Well, here's what a slightly-non-stock automatic WRX can do to an LS1 Corvette (same engine as the Z28's):

Here's the full video (about 1.5meg):
    Me vs. Vette
    Full disclosure: he reeled me in at the end, 94vs103 traps. Still fun though, and definitely a crowd pleaser.

Padre
    2002 WRX Automatic - Cobb RT-Spec with TMIC, Vishnu uppipe and fuel-rails, STi Injectors and Supra Fuel pump, Pro Torque Street/Strip Torque Converter (4100rpm stall), super-secret TC-lock-up mod, and 17" SSR Comps w/ S-03's.

13.25 @ 102 w/ 1.804 60'

Hey Padre!!!

Did you lockup the TC on that run???

Rob

Man, I wish I had vidio of the 3 , Z06 kills I've had. Those would be priceless. Take a $24,000 WRX and spend 3-4k, stage 4 kit and go out looking for Z06s to beat. I've had no trouble at all beating Z06s up to 80-100mph. Just don't try racing one on the highway. That wouldn't be smart.
    And an added bonus. You can do it in the rain, snow, dirt, sand etc. The beauty of AWD.

Since I have both cars here are some likes/dislikes about both.

plus:

WRX - great handling, steering and ride. I can take turns faster in the WRX than the Z28 without the feeling of pushing as I do in the Z28.

Z28 - Torque; an abundance almost everywhere. 80% more rwhp stock plus better fuel mileage.

minus:

WRX - cheap plastic interior; terrible turbo lag, doesnt pull well on the highway

Z28 - cheap plastic interior; big car with very little people space. acceleration dead spots at bottom of 2nd and 3rd gear.

The design, platform, and powertrain for each are entirely different.
    Last edited by Torqued; 06-01-2002 at 04:31 PM.
    02 WRX - auto, Blaze Yellow

Z28 - End of life production, will be replaced around 2004, it won't be
    a V8 maybe a V6 like the 'stang I think.

WRX - Models available WRX, WRX STI, WRX STI RA spec C. Go
    choose your weapon.

EVO - Model VII, VIII and more to come.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Originally posted by WRXrumble
    Z28 - End of life production, will be replaced around 2004, it won't be
    a V8 maybe a V6 like the 'stang I think.

WRX - Models available WRX, WRX STI, WRX STI RA spec C. Go
    choose your weapon.

EVO - Model VII, VIII and more to come.

As to where GM is going with the F-body no one truly knows. But answer me this, since when are Mustangs only made in V6's???
    LETS PLAY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.