Z28s vs. Turbo Sleepers - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Z28s vs. Turbo Sleepers within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by subaruman I'm almost shocked that no one has presented the fact that the Camaro is a redneck ...

Originally posted by subaruman

I'm almost shocked that no one has presented the fact that the Camaro is a redneck rod,this is good for when you want to laugh at them for going personal on you.
    You are a fvcking idiot!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 2001S4

You are a fvcking idiot!!!
    I see I touched a nerve,like I said I used to own one and I live in AR so I know what I'm talking about.By the way I know truth hurts,life sucks get a helmet.You must own one.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

I used to have a Camaro,I had to replace plugs and wires constantly.The damn thing would tail slide notoriously whether on purpose or not.AWD is important,run a Camaro when there is wet pavement and you'll see the RWD arguement start to dissolve.I'm almost shocked that no one has presented the fact that the Camaro is a redneck rod,this is good for when you want to laugh at them for going personal on you.The Z-28 is not as nimble as the WRX.I ran one on the freeway some time ago and lost him in traffic,I really wasn't trying that hard either.I used to be a firm believer in those redneck rides 'til I got my WRX.By the way,I noticed the guy was not only originally from AR(that explains the
    van tweeking),but he also landed in the hospital later.I wonder if he said "Ay ya'll,watch this" before getting there.hmmmmmmm

Ok.. So your one of those punks that goes racing through traffic? I commend the guy that was driving the Camaro for not being a dumbass flying through traffic!

Look, I drive my Camaro in all weather. I have enough common sense not to race in the rain.

Also in respect to your comment about Camaro's being a "red neck ride" we had a typical "red neck Camaro cruise" this weekend and do you think it was just your standard white red necks driving the F-bod around.. Guess again you had a variety of people driving the 40 cars that went, white, black, brown. We had a rainbow of drivers out there. Have any of you seen a black or brown redneck?? Any way, pull your head from your a$$ or get a glass stomach because I don't think you see things straight..

Sorry to any that I may have offended but I think that needed to be said and most of you would agree with me. Even the most diehard WRX guys on this board.
    LETS PLAY

You know I say all that as a term of endearment.I have friends
    that have Camaros and Firebirds.We all refer to our cars in a similar fashion,we have fun poking fun at certain issues each of
    cars have.Oh,first it wasn't raining when I met up with that guy(thanks for paying attention),next he didn't get a chance to merge at the right time and once through the traffic was when he got left behind(thanks for not just jumping to conclusions).I said to try it,like from a starting point and watch the tailslide.It was for example ONLY.Sorry if I led someone astray with that one.I don't race in rain,I like the control I get when it does rain.I'm sorry that you are so sensetive on the issue,I'm just having fun my way
    and the way everyone I chat with around town.ONCE AGAIN,it was all in fun and I hold know animosity even toward both the negative remarks that I got.I'll chalk that up to not being specific.
    Ya got moxy LIL SS.Way to stick up for your ride.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

By the way I know truth hurts,life sucks get a helmet.You must
    own one.
    Nope, never had one. You are just a fvcking idiot.

Complaint Department

You can make all the faces you want. The fact of the matter is, when you go online making deragatory comments towards ANYONE it is wrong. The fact that you are so blind to the fact that you are so blatantly using the term with no remorse is what solidifies my comment.

Originally posted by LIL SS

I completely disagree! A front wheel drive anything will never 60 foot like a rear wheel drive. When set up properly a rwd will put the hurt on any fwd car. Think about your statement there. Now think about weight transfer. How many fwd cars do you see running 1.5 or better 60's? Not too many. There are rwd doing it all day long that are not tubbed cars. You claim to have an 11 second car but don't know about proper set ups for 60's? Since you don't have a scanner, why don't you just give us a break down of your timeslip.

1/8 (Time and Speed)
    1/4 (Time and speed)
    You can set up a RWD car anyway you want and a FWD car will blow it out of the water on a wet road. Meaning getting traction under bad conditions is much easier for a FWD (engine over the wheels) vs a RWD with much less down force. And everyone one knows RWD vans and trucks have a hard time hooking up at the track because of the weight ratio.

7.49@96.4
    11.69@119.2

Ppower
    Last edited by Ppower; 06-10-2002 at 08:39 PM.

Originally posted by 2001S4

You can make all the faces you want. The fact of the matter is, when you go online making deragatory comments towards ANYONE it is wrong. The fact that you are so blind to the fact that you are so blatantly using the term with no remorse is what solidifies my comment.
    Okay...gotcha,Iwill retract the redneck comment.There was no intention of offense.

Complaint Department

To survive and not make enemies, just try not to offend people. Personally, that term does not effect me. However, it is a negative term to describe a certain group of people. People argue all the time on the net, as people will have differences of opinion. As long as you are not offending people, you will be fine.

Originally posted by Ppower

You can set up a RWD car anyway you want and a FWD car will blow it out of the water on a wet road. Meaning getting traction under bad conditions is much easier for a FWD (engine over the wheels) vs a RWD with much less down force. And everyone one knows RWD vans and trucks have a hard time hooking up at the track because of the weight ratio.

7.49@96.4
    11.69@119.2

Ppower

BC
    This was kinda what I was shooting for,I was just lousy at setting it up.
    (thanx for the post Ppower)

Complaint Department

Originally posted by Ppower

7.49@96.4
    11.69@119.2

Ppower

The whole rain thing goes out the window when arguing with me on performance related issues. I dont drive in the rain when performance is wanted. Yeah a FWD might act different than RWD cars in the rain, is it safer or easier to controll, I think that is drivers opinion. I personally can not stand when it is a little wet out in a FWD car going through an oiled corner and having the front push. I would much rather the rear come out as I feel that is more controllable. But that is me. I grew up driving little p/u trucks in the dirt and mud getting sideways at age 12.
    LETS PLAY

Regarding the "Redneck" comment.

We will have these types of people in every forum. You have idiots over in the Domestic forums shouting the word "RICE" at any given situation that an import is involved. I can't stand that but they will have their opinions. I'm sure there are a lot of import folks like this guy doing the same thing, classifying Camaros/Firebird owners as rednecks. All we can do is educate.

I'm Tex-Mex, but I look sorta African and oriental...whatever

As you can see in my sig I did add some spice to my so called mullet monster.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    Regarding the "Redneck" comment.

classifying Camaros/Firebird owners as rednecks. All we can do is educate.

Statement then question.. When the term redneck is used I think of some sort of skinny tall white guy that drives a lifted truck as that is what sosiety has painted for me. In all respect wouldn't that lifted 4 wheel drive truck be closer to the WRX with it's AWD?? Any way, I don't think people should be so biased about cars and people who drive them. We all are out for the same thing, performance. what I don't agree with is people weaving in and out of traffic, or the people racing through city streets, or anything remotely close to that. I street race sure, but I take it to the safest spot possible.. Sorry just ranting here..
    LETS PLAY

Originally posted by LIL SS

The whole rain thing goes out the window when arguing with me on performance related issues. I dont drive in the rain when performance is wanted. Yeah a FWD might act different than RWD cars in the rain, is it safer or easier to controll, I think that is drivers opinion. I personally can not stand when it is a little wet out in a FWD car going through an oiled corner and having the front push. I would much rather the rear come out as I feel that is more controllable. But that is me. I grew up driving little p/u trucks in the dirt and mud getting sideways at age 12.
    Personally, what I hate the most about FWD is when you loose grip with just one tire and if the car has some torque it snaps the front end. This is common when hitting a deep puddle of water that is along the edge of the road. The rain thing was just an extreme example. FWD cars have an advantage on launch on the street too, because of the white paint strips used to mark the stopping point for an intersection. RWD cars have to get their drive wheels clear of this before laying in the gas or you can very well smoke the tires easy. FWD cars only have to go like 2 feet to clear them vs RWD which has to have almost have the whole car clear it. At some intersections they are even raised or humped a slight bit...

I hate those paint lines.

Ppower

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.