Z28s vs. Turbo Sleepers - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Z28s vs. Turbo Sleepers within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yes, I do... Ppower...

Yes, I do...

Ppower

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Ppower
    Yes, I do...

Ppower
    Can we see a time slip please. Not that I don't believe you, it is just the norm to ask

I will post one when I can get it scanned.

Here are the stats

450-460hp 415lbs/torque

Weight 3300 w/ driver.

Ppower

I will post one when I can get it scanned.

Here are the stats

450-460hp 415lbs/torque

Weight 3300 w/ driver.

Ppower
    Those are some nice numbers. Please post the slip when you can, would love to see it. Do you have a WRX? What have you run in the 1/4?

It's a supercharged Mustang...

I am thinking of getting a WRXsti when they come out though . Want something that is a bit more friendly to drive around and better on gas.

Ppower

It's a supercharged Mustang...

I am thinking of getting a WRXsti when they come out though . Want something that is a bit more friendly to drive around and better on gas.

Ppower
    Ahh Mustang. Yes, they can be made fast quite easily. Yo have to admit, if this guy pulls up next to you in his K-Car and stays next to you, you would be pretty amazed.

I suspect he does great at the track, because of slicks. Being front wheel drive with the motor over the drive wheels helps a lot for hooking up on the launch. If, he was rear wheel drive He would probably be in the 13s with that van. On the street he isn't going to get a very big tire on that van. I wish he had numbers using 93 octane gas and street tires. Just so we could see the difference.

Ppower

The van is the slower of his vehicles

?, only other one I see on his site is the shadow project. His stepson's shelby isn't that fast (see a picture with a 14sec caption).
    Ppower

He has an 11 second K-car.

bummer, don't see that link ...

You see the list of parts for that van? LOL, so much for dodge power. It has a Ford Intercooler, VW rabbit injectors, Isuzu boost solenoid...I have to give it to him though he made one fast grocery gett'er.... Even though it wouldn't make a good car/van to drive on the street. ...Which is why I like WRXs so much.

Ppower

Very, true. It may not be the best everyday car. Then again, you never know. I opted to buy an S4 for the combo of drivability, power, luxury, looks. Everyone buys for some specific reason or another. The WRX is an excellent everyday car with power and character. The ONLY thing I don't like is the lack of power at low rpm in the WRX. My friend just upgraded from a 2.5 RS to a WRX Wagon. She keeps having trouble starting off in it, just about stalling. She is used to the low end power that the 2.5 has compared to the WRX. She loves the new car however. It is the light blue color, really really sharp looking. The K-car that guy has is not on the same site as the Van. If I can find the link, I will surely post it. He really does some amazing things with some unsuspecting cars.

X Ower of a Z

Since I have owned a 2001 Z28 w/ 6spd. I have to admit that the car has a ton of bang for the buck. With about 1500 bucks I had my car in the high 12's. Here are some bad things I did not like about the car. 1. It is a unibody car. Without the sub frame connectors the car feels loose and all over the place in a turn. 2. The seats feel straight out of the Cavlier. 3. TRACTION TRACTION TRACTION!!! Never enough of it with that car. I was running 315/35/17's on back and still had only about a 300 rpm gap to either bog or spin the tires. Now that I have said the good and the bad here is my final statement. The 4th of July weekend I'm going to pick up my brand new WRX. Right now I could afford a Vette if I wanted to but I would rather have a car that no one would expect killing all those stangs and Z28's out there.
    Second place is the first loser!

I suspect he does great at the track, because of slicks. Being front wheel drive with the motor over the drive wheels helps a lot for hooking up on the launch. If, he was rear wheel drive He would probably be in the 13s with that van. On the street he isn't going to get a very big tire on that van. I wish he had numbers using 93 octane gas and street tires. Just so we could see the difference.

Ppower

I completely disagree! A front wheel drive anything will never 60 foot like a rear wheel drive. When set up properly a rwd will put the hurt on any fwd car. Think about your statement there. Now think about weight transfer. How many fwd cars do you see running 1.5 or better 60's? Not too many. There are rwd doing it all day long that are not tubbed cars. You claim to have an 11 second car but don't know about proper set ups for 60's? Since you don't have a scanner, why don't you just give us a break down of your timeslip.

1/8 (Time and Speed)
    1/4 (Time and speed)
    LETS PLAY

Originally posted by LIL SS

Ahhh since when is the Camaro not reliable??? Hmm wanna share some examples?
    I used to have a Camaro,I had to replace plugs and wires constantly.The damn thing would tail slide notoriously whether on purpose or not.AWD is important,run a Camaro when there is wet pavement and you'll see the RWD arguement start to dissolve.I'm almost shocked that no one has presented the fact that the Camaro is a redneck rod,this is good for when you want to laugh at them for going personal on you.The Z-28 is not as nimble as the WRX.I ran one on the freeway some time ago and lost him in traffic,I really wasn't trying that hard either.I used to be a firm believer in those redneck rides 'til I got my WRX.By the way,I noticed the guy was not only originally from AR(that explains the
    van tweeking),but he also landed in the hospital later.I wonder if he said "Ay ya'll,watch this" before getting there.hmmmmmmm
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.