Z28s vs. Turbo Sleepers - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Z28s vs. Turbo Sleepers within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 13.3 @ 106 w/ 1.99 60...

13.3 @ 106 w/ 1.99 60
    LETS PLAY

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by twinz
    I love it! I always have had a soft spot for total sleepers like that. totally unassuming, no one would suspect a thing and goes like a bat out of hell...great! That would be a riot smoking a new C5 in an old beat up minivan or a K car..serious ego deflating capabilities.
    LOL...

Personally, it wouldn't affect me...It maybe fast, but it's still a POS...

Anyone can make a fast honey Mcgrim, but it doesn't mean you would be caught dead driving it. It's like a moped fun to ride until your friends see you on it (applies to being with fat/ugly girls too ) .

Ppower

Thumbs up

That is seriously one of the funniest things i have seen in a while. I laughed for like 20 minutes. Im gonna show it to my friend who has a Z28 and watch his facial expression..... I'm guessing he will pass out. Thank you for this great entertainment experience

I have to show my friend this video i think he will pass out. I found this from pwrslide's post "Poor Z28 owners" watch it and then laugh www.turbovan.net/van.html scroll down to the middle for the video

I don't understand if you think it is funny that a mini van can go that fast or that a camaro was beat by it. That van will kick the crap out of most cars on the road, including just about every WRX, S4, M3, even Corvettes

Here's another one for ya...

A lowly Outback Sport (with a turbo kit and nitrous) kicking the crap out of a Z-28 SS.

heh heh heh, I love it.

-Jim

Its not that i think the camaro sucks its just a funny idea, im sorry if i sounded like I was making fun of the camaro. I'd laugh if i saw any car get beat by that minivan You have to admit its funny a 12 sec minivan
    Last edited by pakloek; 06-08-2002 at 11:04 AM.

I think it just shows that with the right equipment or money, ANYTHING can be made fast.

I agree with u but i think that woody minivan was a nice choice. I think the only thing that would be more funny would be if you took the oscarmeyer wiener mobile and pimped it out so it could run a 12 sec 1/4 mile .

Hey how much hp does that outback sport have stock? just a simple newbie question

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    Stock for stock, average drivers, a Z28 will spank a WRX(0-60, 1/4, top speed) Everything else is up in the air depending on what kind of car you are looking for since these are two completely different cars.

Since someone mentioned money like they ALWAYS do.

You can buy a brand new Z28(8 cylinder N/A)with minimal options for $24,000. This is a car that can run 13.0s stock. Dump 3k-4k in the Z28 and you're talking about 11.7s.

You can buy a brand new WRX(4 cylinder Turbo) at $24,000. This car is capable of very low 14s. Dump 3K-4K in a WRX and you are talking about 12.8s.

UNLESS YOU USE NITROUS, you guys know what nitrous can do. I read a stock 2002 SS ran a 12.2 with a 75 shot of happy juice($600). We've already seen what WRX is capable of with bolt-ons and nitrous .

I love what Motormatrix said about the WRX being more consistent on the street and at the track. TRACTION is a huge plus for the WRX in short street races(70% of all races). That's what I love about the WRX.

The bottom line is that people shouldn't be talking crap with out knowing each other's driving skill.

Interior quality is the same on both cars. You will have a little more options on the WRX at the same price level. The WRX in its own way is a spectacular automobile. An LS1 is an awesome car in its own way. Don't get pissed off because this fool is uneducated about the car you love. Once you have that puppy in your driveway. You'll suprise him one way or another .
    I thought the SS ran a low 13 stock but a z28 ran high 13 to low 14 in 1/4mile. In anycase, I raced my friends stock 2002 z28 (thats non-SS) . I have a 5sp with blitz intake and an extra 100lb sound system. Beat him off the line, still pulling away through third gear. When I hit 4th, i promptly got raped but thats to be expected with the WRX's top end. On a seperate note, my friend's driving isnt exactly the best so I might not do so well against a better driver, although i did beat him even when i didnt launch.

I would be interested in knowing what that van runs in the 1/4 with street tires on it and in a street trimaka street gas, which means he can't run no 24psi boost. Since, he has to run 110 octane gas to run that boost(can you say $80+ for a tank of gas). So, in reality he isn't getting those numbers in street trim. I bet in street trim the van is much slower.

Ppower
    Last edited by Ppower; 06-09-2002 at 02:09 PM.

Originally posted by Ppower
    I would be interested in knowing what that van runs in the 1/4 with street tires on it and in a street trimaka street gas, which means he can't run no 24psi boost. Since, he has to run 110 octane gas to run that boost(can you say $80+ for a tank of gas). So, in reality he isn't getting those numbers in street trim. I bet in street trim the van is much slower.

Ppower
    I'll bet you in street trim, that van will still kick your ass

Originally posted by 2001S4

I'll bet you in street trim, that van will still kick your ass
    Ah, no even in race trim he can't even kiss my tailpipe.

Ppower

Originally posted by Ppower

Ah, no even in race trim he can't even kiss my tailpipe.

Ppower
    Are you saying you run in the 11's?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast