Z28s vs. Turbo Sleepers - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Z28s vs. Turbo Sleepers within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by LIL SS As to where GM is going with the F-body no one truly knows. But answer ...

Cool

Originally posted by LIL SS

As to where GM is going with the F-body no one truly knows. But answer me this, since when are Mustangs only made in V6's???

Mustangs are not only V6's.....
    Actually they will be supercharged to the tune of 380HP for 2003 (cobra only)

As for the camaro..... If it comes back it will not..... I repete... will not be a V6 only..... The latest info seems to be pointing to a smaller production run ~30,000 cars.... the car will be V8 hardtop only with the only options being T-tops,AT or MT, and cloth or leather..... and the car should be underrated at 350 HP....

thanks, T1

PS... dont take any of my info on the camaro as fact... althought I do have a close contact within GM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2002 Merlot WRX saloon M5
    /me needs some mods......
    Please help......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When did clubwrx went domestic

Hmm maybe they are going to start build them in Mexico instead of Canada hahaha.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

To the few people who said he should just race him, I don't think he has a WRX. He stated that he LIKES the WRX, not that he has one. I may be wrong, but I think this is the case.

If you are looking for a drag racing car, z28 is probably the best investment you can get. LS1, out of box low 13's. With a few grand you can easily put it into 12's. Which is hard to do with WRX (the best in the US so far are still looming in the 12's.) So I don't know. Z28 is not that pleasent to drive around wet or snow. It is not that comfortable or reliable in that matter of fact. But it is fast.

The new Cobra is going to be a beast.. no doubt about that.

Stock for stock, average drivers, a Z28 will spank a WRX(0-60, 1/4, top speed) Everything else is up in the air depending on what kind of car you are looking for since these are two completely different cars.

Since someone mentioned money like they ALWAYS do.

You can buy a brand new Z28(8 cylinder N/A)with minimal options for $24,000. This is a car that can run 13.0s stock. Dump 3k-4k in the Z28 and you're talking about 11.7s.

You can buy a brand new WRX(4 cylinder Turbo) at $24,000. This car is capable of very low 14s. Dump 3K-4K in a WRX and you are talking about 12.8s.

UNLESS YOU USE NITROUS, you guys know what nitrous can do. I read a stock 2002 SS ran a 12.2 with a 75 shot of happy juice($600). We've already seen what WRX is capable of with bolt-ons and nitrous .

I love what Motormatrix said about the WRX being more consistent on the street and at the track. TRACTION is a huge plus for the WRX in short street races(70% of all races). That's what I love about the WRX.

The bottom line is that people shouldn't be talking crap with out knowing each other's driving skill.

Interior quality is the same on both cars. You will have a little more options on the WRX at the same price level. The WRX in its own way is a spectacular automobile. An LS1 is an awesome car in its own way. Don't get pissed off because this fool is uneducated about the car you love. Once you have that puppy in your driveway. You'll suprise him one way or another .
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 06-03-2002 at 01:24 PM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Sweet Camaro

Originally posted by jk147
    Z28 is not that pleasent to drive around wet or snow. It is not that comfortable or reliable in that matter of fact. But it is fast.

Ahhh since when is the Camaro not reliable??? Hmm wanna share some examples?
    LETS PLAY

I think a Z28 is an awesome car, although I like the look of the trans am a bit more.

When I was looking to buy a new car (approx. 1 month ago) I did take a look at a Z28. I have to admit I was very tempted to get it since I would've gotten a discount on it(married a retired GMAC employee's, son). I really wanted it bad and if I would've still been living in L.A., I would've gotten it but what sold me on the Rex was the AWD. I can honestly say, that I've never looked back. I love how quickly I can take the turns without getting any wheel hop.

Plus, visibility in Fbody cars is crap. Not only that but has anyone ever tried to get out of one of these cars in a crowded parking lot? It's almost impossible, to open the doors without hitting the car next to you.

Anyway, that's my $0.02

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

Originally posted by Kira
    I think a Z28 is an awesome car, although I like the look of the trans am a bit more.

When I was looking to buy a new car (approx. 1 month ago) I did take a look at a Z28. I have to admit I was very tempted to get it since I would've gotten a discount on it(married a retired GMAC employee's, son). I really wanted it bad and if I would've still been living in L.A., I would've gotten it but what sold me on the Rex was the AWD. I can honestly say, that I've never looked back. I love how quickly I can take the turns without getting any wheel hop.

Plus, visibility in Fbody cars is crap. Not only that but has anyone ever tried to get out of one of these cars in a crowded parking lot? It's almost impossible, to open the doors without hitting the car next to you.

Anyway, that's my $0.02

My $0.02.. I'll deal with all those problems and agree with you on them. But hey, you should only buy what you want right?
    LETS PLAY

My $0.02.. I'll deal with all those problems and agree with you on them. But hey, you should only buy what you want right?
    You're right. You should only buy what you want because ultimately, you're going to end up paying for it for at least a couple of years and nobody wants to pay for something they don't like. Fortunately for me, my husband owns a 2000 Transam so I get the best of both worlds.

I have to admit, there's something sexy about listening to a throaty V8 reving. Also, like the sleek shape of the F-body.

I heard that they were going to turn the camaro into some kind of family sedan with power(don't quote me on it, it's just something I heard). Also heard that 2003 would be the last year but I've been hearing that for a long time.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

Talking poor Z28 owners

checkout this site that will make those F bodies (and most other decent people ) cry www.turbovan.net/van.html scroll to the center of the site for the video
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails z28race1.jpg  

That Van will rip just about any car a new A-hole. It runs very low 12 second quarter mile. The guy who built it also has a K-car that runs low 11's. If a Z28 gets beat by him, there is no shame in it.

I love it! I always have had a soft spot for total sleepers like that. totally unassuming, no one would suspect a thing and goes like a bat out of hell...great! That would be a riot smoking a new C5 in an old beat up minivan or a K car..serious ego deflating capabilities.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Originally posted by Kira

You're right. You should only buy what you want because ultimately, you're going to end up paying for it for at least a couple of years and nobody wants to pay for something they don't like. Fortunately for me, my husband owns a 2000 Transam so I get the best of both worlds.

I have to admit, there's something sexy about listening to a throaty V8 reving. Also, like the sleek shape of the F-body.

I heard that they were going to turn the camaro into some kind of family sedan with power(don't quote me on it, it's just something I heard). Also heard that 2003 would be the last year but I've been hearing that for a long time.

02 is the last year for sure. They are closing the plant they are built in. They might return 04-05 time frame but nothing concrete and no one knows what it will be just yet..
    LETS PLAY

SS,
    did you ever run the quarter mile when your car was stock???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.