VW R32 vs. WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37

This is a discussion on VW R32 vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by tan Why it's the same exact Haldex system as the Audi Quattro. Yeah I know and they ...

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    370
    Originally posted by tan


    Why it's the same exact Haldex system as the Audi Quattro.
    Yeah I know and they BOTH (4motion/Haldex) need improvement to compete with the Subaru AWD. The Subaru AWD is set up to perform more like a RWD vs the VAG (VW/Audi Group) AWD system that is more like a FWD (apples for apples AWD).
    2002 WRBP WRX

    Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

    1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

    New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

    1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    370
    Originally posted by Retro
    Don't dis the non turbo, after all, you need one for the all motor races. Besides, imagine what happens when you do put a turbo on that thing .
    True, but it's far more difficult to do that to a NA vehicle compared to a car that's already designed for it. Personally, I think it's too much work to do that and even then you can't run too much boost due to the compression, etc.
    2002 WRBP WRX

    Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

    1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

    New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

    1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

  4. #33
    Registered User WRXless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Kelowna
    Posts
    231
    I'd suggest that VR6's respond well to turbo setups. Check out http://www.hpamotorsport.com/ . They build their turbo setups using all VW parts.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

    Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

  5. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    11
    Originally posted by boosted 4
    Yeah I know and they BOTH (4motion/Haldex) need improvement to compete with the Subaru AWD. The Subaru AWD is set up to perform more like a RWD vs the VAG (VW/Audi Group) AWD system that is more like a FWD (apples for apples AWD).
    Lemme get this straight.... the Haldex is not as good as the Subaru setup? Are you saying this because its not Full time AWD?
    I think the Haldex (vw/audi) AWD is superior because theres less drivetrain performance loss. its only 2wd unless it detects slippage, then its AWD, and its actuates the AWD instantly. Its not a Viscous fluid system that takes a bit to engage, its electronic, and instantaneous. Isnt that better? If I'm way off here, then I;d like to know what you are talking about.

    -GR

  6. #35
    Registered User VetteVert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Posts
    820
    Originally posted by Retro
    Don't dis the non turbo... Besides, imagine what happens when you do put a turbo on that thing .
    Your wallet gets lighter...QUICKLY. Turbo kits for VR6'ish setups are insane...not to mention if you want to build the bottom end to actually stand moderate boost.

    VV

  7. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    11
    Originally posted by VetteVert
    Your wallet gets lighter...QUICKLY. Turbo kits for VR6'ish setups are insane...not to mention if you want to build the bottom end to actually stand moderate boost.

    VV
    Wellll.. I'm not so sure about that either.... The R32 3.2l VR6 supposedly has a few other options availible for it other than the HPA setups.... VF engineering or something like that has a Supercharger for it that puts up 5psi and boosts to over 300hp! For not nearly as expensive as the HPA ingenious packages.

  8. #37
    Registered User VetteVert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Posts
    820
    True..but he said turbo. SC is always cheaper (slightly overstated). Based on the available options I've seen, the prices are rediculous.

    VV

    Originally posted by gammaray27
    Wellll.. I'm not so sure about that either.... The R32 3.2l VR6 supposedly has a few other options availible for it other than the HPA setups.... VF engineering or something like that has a Supercharger for it that puts up 5psi and boosts to over 300hp! For not nearly as expensive as the HPA ingenious packages.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •