My STi vs LS1 WS6 Ram Air
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My STi vs LS1 WS6 Ram Air within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There was something weird going on this morning because I ran into 3 different LS1 Trans Ams and one C5 ...

My STi vs LS1 WS6 Ram Air

There was something weird going on this morning because I ran into 3 different LS1 Trans Ams and one C5 Vette that wanted to race me. This was around 7 am this morning. I played around with all of them , but we never really got a good race going. But I did get a good run with a black LS1 WS6 Ram Air.

We were watching each other after leaving a light. I had to get around a car to get next to him. He waited for me and then almost at the same time we nailed it. We ran from about 30mph up to 100-110mph . To make a long story short, we were dead even. I pulled on him at times and he pulled on me at times. When we let off around 110mph we were right next to each other . We both gave each other a big smile. We knew it was a great race. I was pretty happy. I was still holding my own at 110mph. He hadn't started pulling away from me yet.

I don't know if he had any mods, it looked pretty stock from outside appearances.
    By the way, I beat an LT1 Vette big time on my way back home around 12pm.

My mods are now, Blitz SUS, Godspeed downpipe, and Evo catback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Close races like that are always the most fun. I always got my best times at the track when I would be in a close race. Somehow, it brings out your best driving skills.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Originally posted by TonyG
    Close races like that are always the most fun.
    AND, when both drivers aknowledge the excitement and good-natured playing field.

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

nice race. LS1 has good top end, i wonder if you would have pulled a car or 2 from a dig?

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    nice race. LS1 has good top end, i wonder if you would have pulled a car or 2 from a dig?
    Thats for sure. If we would have raced from a dig at 7am in the morning, he would have been waaay back. It was about 40 degrees outside. Thats very cold for my area.

On a warm 80 degree day, I ran a stock WS6 from a dig and I was still in front of him at 130mph. This was back when my STi was bone stock.

Originally posted by BLITZ's M
    sorry, I am not trying to be a jerk, but WS6's are beasts from a roll! I respect the STI very much, and I know it's quick but a WS6 will walk an STI from a roll any day. I have seen it many times. My buddy has a WS6 and he's done it on two different ocassions that I have witnessed.

Just my .02 cents though.

30- 110 theyll walk an sti... lmao sti driver probably could not drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

sorry, I am not trying to be a jerk, but WS6's are beasts from a roll! I respect the STI very much, and I know it's quick but a WS6 will walk an STI from a roll any day. I have seen it many times. My buddy has a WS6 and he's done it on two different ocassions that I have witnessed.

Did he have the same mods as my STi? Guys have run 12.6 @ 108 mph with my current setup. Can the guy he raced drive his STi as good as me?
    I've beaten 6 different LS1's from a roll. This race I considered a tie, but it was close. I almost beat him. And yes, I've already beaten an LS1 WS6 before. So its no fluke. I beating C5 Vettes from a 2nd gear roll up to 100mph. There suppose to be much faster than an STi. But on the street anything can happen because their is a driver behind the wheel. He plays a big part.
    Just because your buddy beat somebody in an STi doesn't apply to me. And just because I've beaten 6 LS1's already, doesn't mean I can beat your friends.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 01-26-2004 at 04:04 PM.

he's legit....he's been posting a long time, and only the "good" races.....never really seen him as the bs type
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

nice run man...by the way, do you have your wastegate ported?

Originally posted by dmacalot
    nice run man...by the way, do you have your wastegate ported?
    No, I don't. I also don't have any problems with boost creep. I guess thats a benifit of being in S. Florida. On really cold mornings (40 - 45 degrees) I get a tiny bit of boost creep, maybe 15.5-16 psi max boost (but thats pushing it) in 5th and 6th gear. Other than that I'm running pretty steady at 14.5 - 15.0 psi max boost.

I stand corrected then. No disrespect meant, I didn't realize your mods put you in that category that's all. As you probably know, WS6's pull hard from third gear. Any way nice kill and nice car!

No sweat, you don't have to preach to me about LS1's. I know all about them. They are definately fast. Some more than others. I had a 99z28 with $8000 worth of performance mods. I used to beat superbike motorcycles from a roll. On occasion, I was known to break the tires loose at get sideways going 70mph. Talk about scary. It was a beast.

Re: My STi vs LS1 WS6 Ram Air

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    We ran from about 30mph up to 100-110mph . To make a long story short, we were dead even.

I.
    Damn what was wrong with his car.... those cars trap 107+ STOCK... he should a steadily pulled on you from a roll.

good run by the way... nice drivin
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

and your current setup isnt a 12.8 at 108 until you run 12.8 at 108, and show us the timeslip. We have tons of cars with identical mods producing different #'s. The STI's are about 30wheel hp short to be messing with the WS6 on its turf... dragracing from a roll. Who knows it could have been a 50 year old man... There are tons of these cars out there, and not everyone knows how badass they are. Blah blah blah i beat LS1's all the time...

STi's are cool but dont get all high and mighty I know a few Fbody owners willing to show you that your car isnt fast stop or roll... Sorry to take the wind out of your LS1 catching bag. they are bigger beasts.

300tq at the wheels, STi makes that at the crank...
    3.42 gearsMT 3.23 automatic.
    300 wheel hp with a catback.
    164mph top speed
    Last edited by MidnightFLAT4; 01-28-2004 at 08:19 PM.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

I trap 105 and I'm bone stock. I'm guessing I could probably a 106, 107 MAYBE. I believe it, he trapped 104 with exhaust, I believe with whatever an SUS is it could add 1mph. That's all a race from a roll is. MPH= measure of HP. Just look at Supras...

Sounds like the WS6 was a stock 6-speed, I'm sure you woulda pulled an Auto at 110.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    and your current setup isnt a 12.8 at 108 until you run 12.8 at 108, and show us the timeslip. We have tons of cars with identical mods producing different #'s. The STI's are about 30wheel hp short to be messing with the WS6 on its turf... dragracing from a roll. Who knows it could have been a 50 year old man... There are tons of these cars out there, and not everyone knows how badass they are. Blah blah blah i beat LS1's all the time...

STi's are cool but dont get all high and mighty I know a few Fbody owners willing to show you that your car isnt fast stop or roll... Sorry to take the wind out of your LS1 catching bag. they are bigger beasts.

300tq at the wheels, STi makes that at the crank...
    3.42 gearsMT 3.23 automatic.
    300 wheel hp with a catback.
    164mph top speed

You drive a basically stock WRX and you want to line people up to show me I'm slow?? I'm running 13.0 @ 104 mph with exhaust and your going to line me up with some stock LS1's to show me how slow I am?
    If I wanted to race a modded LS1 and get beat , l would go talk to Kieth at Corvette Connection (my LS1 mechanic) and race his 11 sec 550+hp LS1.

But if you think a stock LS1 is going to show me how slow I am from a dig and a roll, you have a lot to learn. From a roll, I will give a stock LS1 a run for his money up to 100 - 110mph or so. Beyond 110mph, I know an LS1 will have the advantage and walk away from me. But under 100mph, I'll be right there every inch of the way. From a dig, I will win. I've already done it against a stock LS1 WS6 and I'll do it again.

Some stats you failed to mention

Weight
    STi - 3263 lb
    WS6 - 3517 lbs coupe 3627 lbs convert

Gear ration
    STi - 3.90:1
    WS6 - 3.23 or 3.42

The STi actually has a very good weight/power ratio
    10.4 lbs/hp

Its the awd that slows an STi down at higher speeds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.