My STi vs LS1 WS6 Ram Air - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on My STi vs LS1 WS6 Ram Air within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ahh...Ihate to say it but you did get ripped off especially if you had Ernie at Breathless even touch your ...

Ahh...Ihate to say it but you did get ripped off especially if you had Ernie at Breathless even touch your car. Sorry but he WAY overcharges and his knowledge of tunnining is Shoddy at Best!

Alot of F-body owners would go alot faster if they just reseached there own set up instead of just dropping of their car with a performance shop and a bag of money!

$1,700=11.40@119mph if you choose the right parts and don't buy usless parts like a Throttle body, MAF sensor , thermostats, 1.8RR,Hypertech Programmer etc..... With just a few wise choices l11' s are easy with under 2K in a LS1!....My route was as follows:

Pacesetter uncoated headers with bullet turndowns, locally ported heads, Hammer cam,(Don't wast your time nor money on wimpy cams like the Hot cam) , home ported T/B,stock injectors stock rear end, and all the free mods.
    2001 Formula
    11.40@119 (N/A)
    $1,700 in mods (head&cam)
    10.90@129 MPH (NOS)
    Stock 12.94@107MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

<cough>BS<cough>

So you're saying you are still on a stock clutch (or stock torque converter), didn't spend any money on ET streets or drag radials, didn't need any tuning with LS1 edit to get your car to idle well, adjust your fuel tables, raise your rev limit to take advantage of the cam's new peak power point, no suspension or chassis modificiations (LCA's, torque arm, subframe connectors) and are counting the days until your stock crystal glass rear end gives out on a 1.7 or less 60 foot time needed to run that ET... If you expect your car to last, you will need to upgrade the weak links, unless you prefer to support your local tow truck operators first.

Although if I gutted my interior and drove around strapped onto a plastic lawnchair, the weight savings alone would cost me nothing and move me into your ET range. No thanks!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Sorry but I find the story hard to believe.
    Less than $1700 investment

Everything is stock on your car except

Locally done Heads & hammer cam. Pacesetter headers wiith bullets - must sounds nice and loud.

11.4 @ 119 mph .

There is definately a lot going on that your not telling. High stall converter? Gears? Racing wheels and slicks? Tranny? Rear end?
    No engine programming - with your locally done heads and hammer cam - you car must run great that way.,

I'm sorry I'm not buying it. Unless its a car strickly for the track and it been stripped. Your setup sounds like a car I wouldn't want.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 02-18-2004 at 05:55 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234