Jetta18T vs WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jetta18T vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by j-style i am full inteiror spining threw first and 2nd with a15 inch and leatehr seats and ...

Originally posted by j-style
    i am full inteiror spining threw first and 2nd with a15 inch and leatehr seats and 17s i get no traction no matter hoiw much i featehr my 60 foot turbos are liek 2.4 2.5 oh and it is most likely my timing
    So what are you running, like 13.7 at 110mph or something? That's just a ****-load of power to put down through the front wheels. I'll bet its crazy out on the highway though.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh i am sick on the high way i can pretty much hand with anything i wnat to see liek a viper on the higway

oh and when i run full boost i hit 11.9 ( best) and cosnatant 12.5

oh and that fifteen is a sub sorry my typing is terrible
    Last edited by j-style; 03-09-2004 at 09:42 PM.
    if its not fast it better be a show car

t
    I know those 1.8 t's are badass my friends mom has a jetta and he took me for a ride and i those i was sitting in my 528i for a minute

My girlfriend has an 02 1.8T Jetta...is a pretty quick car but she has never beaten me in my WRX. She also has a 5 speed and is VERY good at shifting. I have an automatic but I do have turboback exhaust, short ram intake, samco hoses, and uppipe so the races arent really even at all. Would like to get a chip in her car and see what it can do.

I have an 02 WRX. I ran against my buddies 03 1.8T jetta last night on the highway. He just got the garrett chip and intake installed. We started at 50 mph in 3rd, and I pulled a car length away, until I shifted to 4th and then he started to pull on me until about 110 He never got more than 1-2 car lengthes ahead. It was a good race. I hate the top end speed of the wrx, but from a stand still, I would've beatin him with the AWD power.

Rob420

Silver 02 WRX
    APS Exhaust
    Invidia DP
    Autometer Boost Gauge
    Greddy TT
    225/45/17 Nittos
    Thats it for now...

Originally posted by Rob420
    I have an 02 WRX. I ran against my buddies 03 1.8T jetta last night on the highway. He just got the garrett chip and intake installed. We started at 50 mph in 3rd, and I pulled a car length away, until I shifted to 4th and then he started to pull on me until about 110 He never got more than 1-2 car lengthes ahead. It was a good race. I hate the top end speed of the wrx, but from a stand still, I would've beatin him with the AWD power.

Rob420

Silver 02 WRX
    APS Exhaust
    Invidia DP
    Autometer Boost Gauge
    Greddy TT
    225/45/17 Nittos
    Thats it for now...
    Bump for the V-DUBS. I honestly was suprised at how close this race was. I figured that the WRX would pull on me harder but it wasn't the case. There will be plenty of rematches Rob420

My buddy runs a 1.8T GTI (03) and with his APR Chip [I forget which map, maybe 93 ]and high- flow cat turbo back, he's pretty quick.....

I'm stock (power) except for and up-pipe which we did that day.....

After a ton of tight twisting ripping , we did a couple of drags.

1. from a stop, no chance...he spun them and even with my
    poopy launch he was toast.

2. from a 2nd gear roll, out of my power band - when we got on
    it, his turbo was able to spool faster through second, and from
    that point it was over. I stayed close but he still took it, and the
    quickness in his spool was obvious from my seat, to me and my
    passenger.

It's a quick light car, that's for sure. 2/2 wiggles

edit:speeling
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Sedona Red Wagon, Nicely Tinted

Thule Bike RackS

V-dubs are tight and quick but they are money to fix thats why i am buying soemthing else

Originally posted by j-style
    oh i am sick on the high way i can pretty much hand with anything i wnat to see liek a viper on the higway

oh and when i run full boost i hit 11.9 ( best) and cosnatant 12.5

oh and that fifteen is a sub sorry my typing is terrible
    Looks like you got your wish:

got schooled

The last car I had before getting my WRX was a 2000 GTI VR6...it was not much from a stop, but once coming out of a toll on the NJ Turnpike I happened to see a WRX (this was about 2 years ago) coming out of a boothe at about the same time...we were both going pretty hard anyway and when he saw me pulling out and eyeballing his car we both put it down (by this time I was going from second to third), I was REALLY surprised that I stayed with him, we got to about 90 then came to some traffic. Slowed down and pulled in behind him. Rolled through in the fast lane and when it opened back up I dropped it back to third and ran with him untill just over 90 when I started closing the gap...at just over 110 I shut it down...totally satisfied. My VR6 was bone stock and I am assuming the WRX was too. The problem with that VW was that it was too cushy and was pretty porky with all it's added features. I have not had time to play with my WRX yet, only 730 miles, but it feels much more responsive and is definitly more nimble.

That being said my friend has a VW 337 that feels much sportier then my VR6. It is much lighter then the PIGR6...He has some mods and at the highest boost setting I think he is getting 200 hp and 220 tq...but I am not definite. That car is quick, I hope to find out how my subaru holds up to it next time he is out from bean town.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Looks like you got your wish:

got schooled

yeah i really did i got str8 up *****d as well i loved it so much i think even on full boost i would of been *****d but whatever i loved it i want to see a v-12 vangish now ( yeah right )

Kinda off topic but it does relate to a jetta vr6... I was driving my girlfriends IS300 and my friend in his jetta was following so I figured I'd test his car out cuz I've been curious to see how it would do against my wrex. I make a right turn and pull out to the far lane going about 20mph waiting for him to line up next to me, which he does... then we punch it at the same time. We were pretty much neck and neck up to about 75 where I decided to quit. He probably had about a fender on me when I stopped.

It gave me a good idea of what his car can do. Not bad but not that impressive. The IS300 is an auto plus I think my friend drives like a granny! He babies his car like its a show car or sumpthin

I'm pretty sure I'll murder him from the line but I still have my doubts on a highway race... I guess we'll just have to wait for that day when we're both on the highway. But then again... I should be getting my AccessPort in about a month

I came across a Silver WRX with 3pak gauges, Friday on the 5 south fwy, I left it in 5th and shut down around 80 but that car seemed pretty quick and seeing how quick he was on me I'd say he would have beat me. Just wondering if it was anyone here, pretty cool car. My second car will be WRX.

00 Black Audi TT - MBC, Split second BC

Originally posted by BlkTT
    I came across a Silver WRX with 3pak gauges, Friday on the 5 south fwy, I left it in 5th and shut down around 80 but that car seemed pretty quick and seeing how quick he was on me I'd say he would have beat me. Just wondering if it was anyone here, pretty cool car. My second car will be WRX.

00 Black Audi TT - MBC, Split second BC

Just warning you, get ready for backlash. Driving a TT and saying you "left" a WRX. These guys don't like that kinda talk.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Just warning you, get ready for backlash. Driving a TT and saying you "left" a WRX. These guys don't like that kinda talk.
    oops.....guess I should have wrote more clearly. I meant I left MY car in 5th gear when we went. I never downshifted. I didnt mean I left him in 5th gear, I wish my car was that fast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.