Jetta18T vs WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jetta18T vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nothing really trust me that v_DUB wil be hitlers revnge just like mine it will just break all the time ...

nothing really trust me that v_DUB wil be hitlers revnge just like mine
    it will just break all the time and you will beat it be default cuz he will be riding in your passenger seat
    if its not fast it better be a show car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by j-style
    nothing really trust me that v_DUB wil be hitlers revnge just like mine
    it will just break all the time and you will beat it be default cuz he will be riding in your passenger seat
    I'm not a member of any of the groups persecuted by Hitler nor do I usually get worked up when people aren't pc or whatever, but I don't know if saying you have a car that is quote "hitlers revnge" is something to be proud of...
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

oh trust me i hate it so much i am getting ride of it short lee for a subbie wagan

oh trust me i hate it so much i am getting ride of it short lee for a subbie wagan
    Oh crap, I misread your post. I thought you were using the hitler thing as a positive connotation. I am dumb
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

its cool i know how it is with my typing and all

Originally posted by jigga
    nice run!

Does your chip give you the ability to switch gas maps on the fly or something?
    Yes. You can change from stock - 91 - 93 - 100 octane programs on the fly through the cruise control. Of course you better have 100 + octane gas in the tank if running the race gas program or else booooom!

Originally posted by dark_rex
    we're not much of a sticker community. but i drive my g/fs 1.8T all the time. nice and quick, but mod for mod, it's no match for a WRX. doesn't sound like he had much done, (and probably wasn't much a driver either by the sound of the second run)

nice kill either way.

dR
    I'm not under the illusion that mod for mod my 1.8T can compete with the WRX. Even with all the bolt ons + the 100 octane program the best I've seen from a 1.8T with the stock (tiny) turbo is around a 13.2 at 104.

I haven't taken my whip to the track, but others with my same mods are averaging high 13's to low 14's depending on drivers and air temperatures. Damn, why can't we get some of that east coast 20 degree goodness over here in Cali for a day.

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    A great qoute "turbo VW's dont do much but make good turbo noises"

As you can see I'm not a huge VW fan...come on even Kia has mastered the Idea of wheel stud and lug nuts...it isnt hard. I've driven a few 1.8T's and were not happy...I didnt even like a slightly modded S4. Oh well to each there own.
    302@12psi huh. Well ya, I can see how someone driving (I'm assuming) a boosted 'Stang would be uninpressed with the 1.8T. It is what it is. FYI though, there are some 1.8T's putting down 400 + WHP on stock internals. Not exactly slow either.

Hello fellow 1.8T Jetta owner!

Most of the guys here are pretty cool when it comes to the 1.8T, and they understand its potential. Obviously it hasn't got the potential of the WRX, but it can hold its own and they recognize that.

It isn't everyone's cup of tea, which is cool too (I personally don't like Mustangs). Everyone has their own preference, but in the end we are all car enthusiasts, and that is our common ground.

Anyhow, I guess I'm just trying to say good kill, and welcome aboard.

PS: Check out http://www.club18t.com. My name is Sheppe over there.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

on 8 psi i was dyno at 348 whp and 402 ft pounds so probbaly alot
    Wait, you said you ran a 13.7 at 8psi. So you're telling me you only run a 13.7 with 348whp and 402lbs of torque?

Are you sure you didn't dyno those numbers at 25psi and make a mistake in that last post? ****, an RSX-S can hit a 13.7 with about 210whp and 150lbs of torque, and a WRX could do that with the same whp I'd bet. Something is wrong with what you said, or maybe my reading comprehension is about to get owned
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

I just had an encounter w/ a 2000ish golf last night. I couldn't manage to see its badge so I still dont know if it was turbo or vr6 but the important thing is, I LOST!

I guess I kind of knew that I might get beat cuz we were on the freeway and all I have is a catback but I thought I'd be able to pull a little. The car looked stock, didn't look like it had exhaust or anything but the motor sounded pretty mean... I could hear it over my exhaust so I assume maybe it was the vr6??

We evened up around 65 so I dropped it into 3rd and waited. I looked over to him and he looked like he was telling me to do the "3 honk" start, so as I nod in agreement he takes off! He jumped out about a car length right away and it pretty much stayed that way up through 4th gear... I'd say he had about a car and a half on me. That was the only run closest to being good, maybe if we started at the same time it would have been a lil better.

Anyways, I'm not an expert on VDubs but does this sound about right? My friend just got a Jetta GLI (VR6) and it seems like its got some pretty good power but he's still in the break-in period so he hasn't really let loose yet. Is the turbo golf as quick on the freeway?

P.S. Didn't mean to jack your thread w/ my story but I just figured its related to the topic so maybe I could get my answers here.

Originally posted by 03WREX
    I just had an encounter w/ a 2000ish golf last night. I couldn't manage to see its badge so I still dont know if it was turbo or vr6 but the important thing is, I LOST!

I guess I kind of knew that I might get beat cuz we were on the freeway and all I have is a catback but I thought I'd be able to pull a little. The car looked stock, didn't look like it had exhaust or anything but the motor sounded pretty mean... I could hear it over my exhaust so I assume maybe it was the vr6??

We evened up around 65 so I dropped it into 3rd and waited. I looked over to him and he looked like he was telling me to do the "3 honk" start, so as I nod in agreement he takes off! He jumped out about a car length right away and it pretty much stayed that way up through 4th gear... I'd say he had about a car and a half on me. That was the only run closest to being good, maybe if we started at the same time it would have been a lil better.

Anyways, I'm not an expert on VDubs but does this sound about right? My friend just got a Jetta GLI (VR6) and it seems like its got some pretty good power but he's still in the break-in period so he hasn't really let loose yet. Is the turbo golf as quick on the freeway?

P.S. Didn't mean to jack your thread w/ my story but I just figured its related to the topic so maybe I could get my answers here.
    A slightly modded VR6 GTI could probably take a relatively stock WRX on the highway from high speeds because it has a lot more high speed power because of its extra litre or so of displacement. I used to have a VR6 Corrado and it was great at high speeds. Most German cars are because they are built to run on the autobahn.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

that 1.8t engine is great, very easy to tune. i used to have a 98 a4 1.8t 5 sp (i miss AWD so much!) with a stage 1 APR chip. 50+ hp just like that. made a huge difference in performance. i've witnesses modded 1.8ts run 12s and beat up on unsuspecting muscle cars
    03 Artic Blue Pearl Acura RSX Type S:

Originally posted by smokey
    Wait, you said you ran a 13.7 at 8psi. So you're telling me you only run a 13.7 with 348whp and 402lbs of torque?

Are you sure you didn't dyno those numbers at 25psi and make a mistake in that last post? ****, an RSX-S can hit a 13.7 with about 210whp and 150lbs of torque, and a WRX could do that with the same whp I'd bet. Something is wrong with what you said, or maybe my reading comprehension is about to get owned

i am full inteiror spining threw first and 2nd with a15 inch and leatehr seats and 17s i get no traction no matter hoiw much i featehr my 60 foot turbos are liek 2.4 2.5 oh and it is most likely my timing
    Last edited by j-style; 01-28-2004 at 02:00 PM.

Originally posted by Jetta18T
    Yes. You can change from stock - 91 - 93 - 100 octane programs on the fly through the cruise control. Of course you better have 100 + octane gas in the tank if running the race gas program or else booooom!
    And I can tell you that w/ my Audi and the lower octane map it really lights up when I drop some race fuel in it. It'll pull madly across the whole rpm band and spins up quickly. It is really a different beast. Have two 5 gallon cans of 100 octane right now but I'm bad about not always mixing some in when I fill up. So it's a let down when I feel it's outta juice

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast