Ford Lightning goes down
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ford Lightning goes down within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Was at a redlight, saw it come up from behind and pull up next to me, he didnt rev on ...

Cool Ford Lightning goes down..FROM A ROLL!

Was at a redlight, saw it come up from behind and pull up next to me, he didnt rev on me or anything, but when I pulled out (not hard) he hit it and I hit it, by the time I hit it my front bumper was at his door, by the end of 1rst I pulled even, by the end of second, his front bumper was at my rear bumper we both let off at the same time, (about 60, was a 45mph road)
    He didnt try again at the next light...
    Last edited by davenow; 01-22-2004 at 07:48 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what yr lightening? what are you mods?
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Originally posted by capt'n'caveman
    what yr lightening? what are you mods?
    Current body style, so I would say no more than 2 years old.

My car has
    Utec
    TMIC
    Full catless exh (txs)
    BPM twister muffler
    pulleys
    short ram intake
    STI injectors
    walbro
    VF22
    Jet hot coated heat sheild to stop heat soak(works scary well)
    on step colder platinums

Dyno tune By Phil at TurboXS

Be careful, some L's out there in the wild can be beasts. If it was dry and he had some Nitto 555DR's in the rear, traction bars, and some decent mods it could have been a raw horsepower contest. 99-00 was 360 HP 425 TQ, and 2001 < is 380 HP, 450 TQ in the current body style.
    Last edited by Master Of Pain; 01-22-2004 at 11:02 PM.

yeah mu buddy has one with exh, pulley and some other light mods. runs 13.2
    My car is capable of about a 12.5, but thats with the AWD Launch.
    from a roll a modded one should be pretty tough

In my Stage 4 WRX, I had no trouble beating Lightnings from a roll. I've also walked one pretty good in my STi from 40mph-90mph.
    But as mentioned just look out the the modded ones. I know a couple guys with Lightnings that are running in the 7s in the 1/8 mile.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.