DOes a 330 smoke a wrx? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on DOes a 330 smoke a wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by FrankW same types of mod won't have the same effect for NA and FI engines. Which is ...

Originally posted by FrankW
    same types of mod won't have the same effect for NA and FI engines.
    Which is exactly why I bought a turbo car, I don't need any handicaps/excuses
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

umm i have a bmw 3 series...but for some reason i take my wrx out of the driveway while i have the choice between the two...no, the three series is not a better car...leather interior and an executive look...wow awesome i personally think e46's are for those who would rather make sweet sweet love to an emlbem then make a good purchase...
    and btw its not a 3 series vs a rex for money...it is a 3 series vs an sti...both will cost u a little under 35k...personally id go with the sti...but hey if u want to pay 35k for a mediocre car with an emblem go for it

oh yea and the ///m is a complete different story...they r amazing i am not bashing those beatufiul machines

Re: Re: Re: Re: DOes a 330 smoke a wrx?

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    lets not get into that crap again. the bmw 3 series is a better car than a wrx, hands down. wrx may be faster, but the 3 series is just better. you cant argue that. beater my a$$
    I can delete the post if that'll make you feel better?
    I created my avatar.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Re: Re: Re: DOes a 330 smoke a wrx?

lets not get into that crap again. the bmw 3 series is a better car than a wrx, hands down. wrx may be faster, but the 3 series is just better. you cant argue that.
    I can argue it, if you want to bring in value as a criteria. Most people do, even very rich people. So yes, the 330 is a higher quality, better finished, more luxurious vehicle, but it had better be, $15,000 more!

Look, I love bimmers, and I know that you were just responding to the guy who called the bimmer a "beater" (which of course, it's not), but you can't go the OTHER way and expect people not to call you on it...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

My brother used to have a 330xi automatic, and I can tell you that there is no way that thing would've beat my WRX. He got rid of it before I got my wrx, so we never ran them. Now he's got an M3 and can hand me my ass on a daily basis.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DOes a 330 smoke a wrx?

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I can argue it, if you want to bring in value as a criteria. Most people do, even very rich people. So yes, the 330 is a higher quality, better finished, more luxurious vehicle, but it had better be, $15,000 more!

Look, I love bimmers, and I know that you were just responding to the guy who called the bimmer a "beater" (which of course, it's not), but you can't go the OTHER way and expect people not to call you on it...
    i understand the bmw is more money. if it was my money, i would buy a rex over a 3series also. only becuase i cant justify spending the extra cash. but price taken out of accountability, the 3 series bmw is a better car all around. best bang for buck, the wrx is better for most people, but machine vs. machine, the 3 series is a better car, and most that have experience with bmw's and other cars would agree. i plan to buy a rex when i have some more money saved up. would i consider a 330ci/xi.... yes. for the price is it worth the extra $ over a rex, no.
    ckxx: you can do what you will with your post. i didnt mean to come of like a pr!ck, but to call a 2k 3 series beemer a beater is just ignorant. i understand/hope you were joking though

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DOes a 330 smoke a wrx?

but machine vs. machine, the 3 series is a better car, and most that have experience with bmw's and other cars would agree
    And most that have experience with Ferrari's agree that it's a better car than the WRX. See my point?

I think we agree on this, at the end of the day. I'll drop it, now...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by racinready300ex
    Maybe your car was made for 125 + mph and ****ty little subie's weren't. (I'd bust your ass from any speed)But, then neither were american road ways. If someone pulls out in front of you not realizing your going over 125, or a light turns red or any number of other things that can happen on the street. You will probably either die, or spend some time in jail for the people you killed. Or maybe a cop spots you, there goes your car and license. That's why most smart people let off when speeds get that high. You sir are a idiot!
    WRONG!! smart people DON'T STREET RACE!! "You sir are a idiot!" right back at ya! I was talking about empty FREEWAY we use to get a year or two ago in the middle of the night.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Re: Re: Re: DOes a 330 smoke a wrx?

Originally posted by CKxx
    Wanna run for slips? I could use a beater.
    I was thinking of the same thing You might have to settle w/ the car in my avatar tho...the 328ci is long gone.

the 3-series vs Impreza topic has to end somewere. let's just say that if you want performance + luxury + higher quality 3-series is the answer. if you want pure performance + 4wd + affordability the Impreza is the answer.

Originally posted by SERacing
    My friend (wow I just posted about his car in another thread) has a modded 330CI (short shifter, intake, cat back and lightened pulley) and I played around with him when I had just a MBC and up pipe and he couldn't catch me...now with stage 2 + up pipe he doesn't want anything to do with me

Edit: He's actually on that e46fanatics board

because he doesn't want your exhaoust fumes on his luxury sports car
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by jungdragon
    excerpts from the posted thread:
    "a 330 can beat a WRX if the driver isnt BIG expierenced and doesnt know how to put his turbo into use"

"see with the wrx, in order to get the best launch they reccomend dropping the clutch at redline"

"Race them on the freeway and you will see their 35% drive train loss come into effect"
    1. Whats so hard about pushing the gas?

2. Redline? Ya ok......i got an auto so i cant do a real proper launch but 5k is about the max on a manual. (I can only get to 3500 in my auto)

3. Race is over at 80 for me. So if doing the ricer fly by at 110 is your flavor more power to you.

Im not directing this towards you jung. Just answering the quotes from the 330 thread. Seems really lame they'd say those things. Except #3......AWD drive does have its penalties.
    Last edited by skyjock41; 01-25-2004 at 10:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123