DOes a 330 smoke a wrx? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on DOes a 330 smoke a wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Extra thousand pounds? I don't know about you guys but my WRX weighs in at about 3100lbs. If the 330ci ...

Extra thousand pounds? I don't know about you guys but my WRX weighs in at about 3100lbs. If the 330ci weighs 3300 that's not a huge difference. Especialy from a roll.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by bunni
    Eh. The extra thousand pounds has got to hurt.
    Kelley Bluebook shows the 330i as weighing 3285 pounds. That's maybe 1-200 pounds more than a WRX. Sorry.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by fourstardrift
    From a roll, Bimmers will give you a good run...3-liter, inline 6. Plus, like others say, they were designed for the Autobahn.
    Well, I'm not stock, so unless he's modded, I'm thinking my car could probably take'em until we get into higher speeds. But then I really don't do high speeds, can't afford the tickets.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I think some of you guys are looking at gross weight. As far as I know, curb weight is usually the standard of measurement.

The 330 curb weight is somewhere around 3300 and the wrx is 3080.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Funny conincidence, whenever we kill some cars they are from stop to a certain speed. Whenever you read their road kill forums it is always from a roll to triple digits. So I guess we are both right. From a stop we can kill them, and from a roll they can kill us if they kept going and going and going.

My friend (wow I just posted about his car in another thread) has a modded 330CI (short shifter, intake, cat back and lightened pulley) and I played around with him when I had just a MBC and up pipe and he couldn't catch me...now with stage 2 + up pipe he doesn't want anything to do with me

Edit: He's actually on that e46fanatics board
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

yea i always read stories about how they started taking off on a guy once they hit 125mph....i dont think it crosses their mind that 125mph is an insane speed and usually smart poeple will stop accelerating and slow down....

Re: DOes a 330 smoke a wrx?

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    ok...as far as i know...the 330 does not own the rex...however, i keep reading on all other message boards that if the rex doesnt go from stop...it gets dominated because of "the awd drivetrain"
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=wrx%2A
    we got noobs from the freakin e46 board saying they smoked wrx's in their 330xi's...no need to flame, but these things just make me
    as far as i know...my rex houses my 323i at any speed....
    you've just said it yourself..."323i" It was a world's difference compare to the 328 and the 330. I've test drove both before I picked the 328Ci in 2000.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    yea i always read stories about how they started taking off on a guy once they hit 125mph....i dont think it crosses their mind that 125mph is an insane speed and usually smart poeple will stop accelerating and slow down....
    maybe you feel that way because most Japanese cars ain't made for high speed like all Germans are. 100-125mph to me and my car's just the icing no the cake, you ain't even at the sweetest part yet.

Originally posted by SERacing
    My friend (wow I just posted about his car in another thread) has a modded 330CI (short shifter, intake, cat back and lightened pulley) and I played around with him when I had just a MBC and up pipe and he couldn't catch me...now with stage 2 + up pipe he doesn't want anything to do with me

Edit: He's actually on that e46fanatics board
    same types of mod won't have the same effect for NA and FI engines.

Originally posted by Trailboss
    330ci's shouldnt be any trouble at all.
    Maybe the twenty of us will run into a bimmer or 2 on the way to STL...Ill label the tape, "Boxer gangrape."
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by FrankW
    maybe you feel that way because most Japanese cars ain't made for high speed like all Germans are. 100-125mph to me and my car's just the icing no the cake, you ain't even at the sweetest part yet.
    Maybe your car was made for 125 + mph and ****ty little subie's weren't. (I'd bust your ass from any speed)But, then neither were american road ways. If someone pulls out in front of you not realizing your going over 125, or a light turns red or any number of other things that can happen on the street. You will probably either die, or spend some time in jail for the people you killed. Or maybe a cop spots you, there goes your car and license. That's why most smart people let off when speeds get that high. You sir are a idiot!

Re: Re: DOes a 330 smoke a wrx?

Originally posted by FrankW
    I picked the 328Ci in 2000.
    Wanna run for slips? I could use a beater.
    I created my avatar.

yes but i already have a bimmer and a few benzes...from what i witnessed, the german cars actually do hold up a ton better at higher speeds wheras my expericance with subaru it kinda shakes around and feels unstable (my gearbox starts rattling---this probably isnt good) after about 80. German cars were built for the autobaugn or howver u spell it..hence why all german cars speedometers go up much higher than most american or japanese cars although the latter may be a hella faster

Re: Re: Re: DOes a 330 smoke a wrx?

Originally posted by CKxx
    Wanna run for slips? I could use a beater.
    lets not get into that crap again. the bmw 3 series is a better car than a wrx, hands down. wrx may be faster, but the 3 series is just better. you cant argue that. beater my a$$

the 330ci m/t will most likely keep even with a wrx at higher speed rolls. from a dig, wrx owns it. as for the 330xi, it has a better chance from a dig, they have been known to pull 14.3-14.5 1/4 mile times. this is just a tick slower than a stock rex, but from a roll its not going to do as well as the 330ci because the xi will experience drivetrain loss much like the wrx does.

mod for mod, there is no contest. you can take off over a full second of a wrx's times with MBC, tbe+uppipe, hoses, ecu.
    each car has its strong point, and weak point. its like that with every car on the earth. wrx is more of a performance orientated machine, bmw 3series is better car all around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.