STi vs. 350z..FROM A ROLL.. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on STi vs. 350z..FROM A ROLL.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, he's a friend of mine. He has his car back together now. He's had it dyno tuned a couple ...

Yeah, he's a friend of mine. He has his car back together now. He's had it dyno tuned a couple times. I think he's having some timing issues up top still.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by brembo
    Anybody got a F/I kit out for that VQ engine yet?
    Guy that owns a shop near me got a 350...he has the PE kit, and the greddy kit on the way. Engine is out being built, plans to run 2 Kg/Cm2. Ill keep you posted.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Good runs. A friend of mine and I ran shortly after he had his Procharger installed. From his dyno sheet he was making 370hp and 310lb/ft to the wheels. I expected him to walk me but it was the opposite.

We started at 70 or so with me in third. By 150 (estimate, my speedo was buried) I was way out in front. I knew something was wrong. When I slowed down I looked back and his car was engulfed in blue/black smoke. We both pulled over.

Turned out he blew a good size hole in a piston. I have the video that his girlfriend took of it (the race). If anyone can host it let me know. His car is back running now and I'm sure it would be a different story this time around.
    Someone host the video, I gotta see this.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

dont go that fast...ull die...

Nice race...race....you only have 1600 miles on your engine and you are racing...I sure wouldnt be...break in your engine before racing man....put a good 5k miles on her and let her go after that. Oh well, your car, you do what you want.

Break-in, shmakin! I drive like a grandma 95% of the time(no joke either) and drove like a grandma 100% of the time during the first 1300 miles. Ask any STi owner here if they've at least flogged or came close to flogging their car even BEFORE 1000mi 'factory' break-in, and you'll get at least five who will admit to it. 5000 miles?? Is that humanly possible to wait 5x recommended factory break-in? I guess whatever floats your boat. I'm sticking to what the manual says(1st 1000mi keep under 4k, but I decided to go 1300mi) and what my older brother(Master Subie Tech where I bought my STi from) says.

Nonetheless, Im glad you enjoyed my run!

take it easy,
    -Matt

5000 is way overkill.
    Never stop learning.

5,000 is overkill? Dealer told my friend when he got his new truck 5,000 miles. Maybe its different in a truck...1,000 miles sounds much better to me anyways!

Nice race, the 350z was certainly built to be a hwy racer instead of a 1/4 mile king.

Speaking of break in, I just realized I have to go through the break in procedure again after my motor swap....
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Originally posted by complexx
    5000 is way overkill.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Nice race.

Both the STi and 350Z are really nice cars. If I didn't need the backseat and trunk I might be headed to the 350z camp.

Good idea posting that disclaimer though. Unfortunitly, there are a lot of people in both camps who think their respective cars are God's Chariot.

Thanks, guys for all your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

JEDI- I fully agree with you, bro.

<<----MUCH respect for the 350Z, hmm I wonder what that WHITE car is in the background???? hmmmm??

-Matt

my good buddy has a track model with mods. With just intake and exhaust, he and my stage 2 (and pulleys) WRX were pretty even from a roll, I pull half a car in 2nd, he pulled a car in 4th, I pull back the half a car so we are even when he shifts into 5th. We recently put longtube headers (no cats anywhere) and UR pulleys on the car and if hauls now, especially in 3rd. At least 20 whp gain on it. Very nice mod, transforms the car, you should get them to keep up with the STi from a roll.
    I claim no responsibility for unintentional offense.

Originally posted by Sharky NRK
    my good buddy has a track model with mods. With just intake and exhaust, he and my stage 2 (and pulleys) WRX were pretty even from a roll, I pull half a car in 2nd, he pulled a car in 4th, I pull back the half a car so we are even when he shifts into 5th. We recently put longtube headers (no cats anywhere) and UR pulleys on the car and if hauls now, especially in 3rd. At least 20 whp gain on it. Very nice mod, transforms the car, you should get them to keep up with the STi from a roll.
    I hope you are referring to TurboXS or Cobb's stage 2??? I am thinking that Vishnu's stage 2 would put a hurting on an STi and Z from a roll..
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.