Wrx Vs Supra
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs Supra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Late Sunday night coming home from a barbaque, I'm on the 495 Beltway around DC...What do I see? All the ...

Wink Wrx Vs Supra

Late Sunday night coming home from a barbaque, I'm on the 495 Beltway around DC...What do I see? All the kiddies coming home from the street races at metro, suffice to say I was in the left hand lane taking the split left to DC area, and what lands in front of me.....a supra. I automatically knew it was a rice racer from the exhaust and knew he would be the kind to antagonize a race on a freeway...so whatever, ahead of me he downshifts and lights it up zinging right then left back into the previous lane, I do the same thing right back on his a$$ (anybody can do that ****). Well he gets ansy does the **** back and forth with me for about 10 minutes...Finnaly we reach 270 and I pull up next to him in 4th giving him a 1 2 3 motion with my fingers, and off I let him with a 2 second head start until I slap it into third and jump halfway up his driver side and keep pulling, about to shift into 4th I notice a truck ahead seriously gaining on my front bumper so I had to shut it down and swerve left to avoid a MAJOR accident... I KNOW if I had the straightaway and pulled into 4th there was no way this guy would have won, in my mind he didn't (no doubt his mind is the same way), but pulling on him in 3rd gear is pretty sad to have to admit if I was him...If I ever get a chance to see him again..It's on, I tried to get him to get off the freeway so I could smack his ass from the line but he wouldnt...awwwww. Anyway, for all those out here in DC Area it's a one generation older model supra, White with some chrome wheels and what looked to be an HKS exhaust....sound familiar, I think it's the guy from Altered Atmospere. If it is, I'm going to go antagonize him to race me at 75/80 this friday...we.....shall.....see!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by AecannonRacing; 06-03-2002 at 11:05 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice Race man!!!!

Re: Wrx Vs Supra

Originally posted by AecannonRacing
    I automatically knew it was a rice racer from the exhaust...
    Since you were also in a Japanese import with loud exhaust, that must make you a rice racer too?

Interesting story otherwise.

To me rice seems more like an attitude. I do respect Toyota, But the loud sceamy exhaust that makes the car sound like a pissed off owl in heat, it's the way the guy acted that showed his color's, almost like a honda fly by scene...he should have done his homework on what he was about to race, he must've thought he could leave me without even saying goodbye....WRONG

RSXracer200
    you raced a supra from a rol and won with only those mods, either it wasn't a turbo supra or SNIFF.....SNIFF yup definently smell some bs

oh and if u expect be to believe u just because u say so then your should have seen me rip this formula 1 car....he had me from the launch but i caught up and we were even untill 6th. when i threw it into 6th i pulled hard as hell. needless to say he wouldn't even look at me after i pulled hard as hell at 220+mph.

y don't u tell it the way it realy happened...your the ricer who started messing with him and he gave u the 2 second lead before he blew u away.

Originally posted by RSXracer200
    you raced a supra from a rol and won with only those mods, either it wasn't a turbo supra or SNIFF.....SNIFF yup definently smell some bs

oh and if u expect be to believe u just because u say so then your should have seen me rip this formula 1 car....he had me from the launch but i caught up and we were even untill 6th. when i threw it into 6th i pulled hard as hell. needless to say he wouldn't even look at me after i pulled hard as hell at 220+mph.

y don't u tell it the way it realy happened...your the ricer who started messing with him and he gave u the 2 second lead before he blew u away.

ummm, you're a moron.
    he has some major work done to his WRX, probably making it a 12 sec or at the least a LOW 13 sec car. that's plenty enough to beat a Supra TT from a roll. and what do you mean "with only those mods"? i mean geez, he has a bigger turbo, chip, exhaust, injectors, etc etc etc....i think you're just jealous of his car
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

He has a turbo XS Stage 4... That is good for a mid 12's run and major mid range pull... Plenty to beat a TT supra with just the basics... What are u an idiot??

Rob

Thanks for the mighty support fella's, I guess I have some crappy mods right....maybe I need some clear turn signals and more stickers to make me go faster (not including the clubwrx sticker, that $hit really WORKS!!). I do have a mid range 12 second car and will post my best timeslips this weekend...As for the Supra, it's a true story, dont get mad because you cant pull on a tricycle...be proud of what WRX's are capable of, not down...Do your homework bud, the TT supra's are nice (and it was a turbo I heard the blow off valve) but I'll stick with the WRX.. Not to mention the power to weight ratio, and the generation I was racing...listen and learn. GOD I LOVE THIS THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNgggggggggggg gggggg..................*gone*

"it's a one generation older model supra"
    That sounds like the older supras, right?Not the last year made?I have no doubt you would kill em!They are not that fast at all.I have a starion with :
    17c, 2.5 exhaust, ported polished heads & balance shaft eliminator etc & I rip those cars easy.The newer ones can be a mother though!!Peace

Talking

The new ones arnt that hard to tackle if they haven't had a lot of work done, but the newwer ones can handle a lot of strain which means MORE BOOST and bigger turbo's....ahhhhhhh. But still for a 4 cylinder sluggin it out with a TWIN F()!@#$ turbo no less and that's a SIX cylinder...cmon....we......get.....props!!!

**** man, with your car you can hang with/beat ferrari's
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

I can chew corvette's (most but not all) turbo porches (most not all) and definately mustangs,camaro's and t/a's. As for a Ferrari, I just might be able to after I do my 2.5L swap, new twin clutch and possibly the twin turbo engine***danm that thing is interesting*** (saw one on ebay). I'm starting to save up and buy the parts little by little and all at once I'll put them on. After that, I won't be to worried about ANYTHING out there.....Except for maybe all my Fellow WRXERS in sleeper mode.

I was going to call BS until I saw your mods.
    Good kill.

Originally posted by AecannonRacing
    Thanks for the mighty support fella's, I guess I have some crappy mods right....maybe I need some clear turn signals and more stickers to make me go faster (not including the clubwrx sticker, that $hit really WORKS!!). I do have a mid range 12 second car and will post my best timeslips this weekend...As for the Supra, it's a true story, dont get mad because you cant pull on a tricycle...be proud of what WRX's are capable of, not down...Do your homework bud, the TT supra's are nice (and it was a turbo I heard the blow off valve) but I'll stick with the WRX.. Not to mention the power to weight ratio, and the generation I was racing...listen and learn. GOD I LOVE THIS THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNgggggggggggg gggggg..................*gone*

Don't forget the 4" windshield banner and strobe lights
    Apparently some people don't know what a VF30 equiped WRX will do to most street cars.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

great kill! You gotta know that supra owner was seriously bummed out. it is stories like these that are making me damn impatient to upgrade to stage 4, but I gotta wait until september...still have some more suspension upgrades I want to do first along with big ic or water cooling stock ic.

Its just awesome knowing our 4 door sedans can put the big dogs on the porch for such a relatively small investment.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast