Wrx Vs Supra - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs Supra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by AecannonRacing To me rice seems more like an attitude. I do respect Toyota, But the loud sceamy ...

Originally posted by AecannonRacing
    To me rice seems more like an attitude. I do respect Toyota, But the loud sceamy exhaust that makes the car sound like a pissed off owl in heat,
    That's hilarious,I now have a good analogy to use with some friends of mine.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I agree.... we can beat that older model supra... isn't much of a problem... (especially with a modded WRX)

but, there is no way in hell you are going to get the latest twin turbo (bpu) one from a roll... by roll, I'm talking from third gear.......(you may get the 1/4, but if you notice, looking over your shoulder as you cross the line, that Supra is tearing up the track reeling you in)

I've run a 94' a couple of times.... from a roll of 20 miles an hour... I jumped ahead almost a car length..... hit third.... that supra frickin blew by me like I was standing still...... (he is only bpu)

I also saw him take out C5's, Lightnings, and I believe a Z06 on a freeway race.... from a 66 mph roll...

Those damn things have some serious top end power!
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

Registered User Quantum-Racing.com's Avatar
    There really isn't much to say about the Mk3 and earlier Supras. The Mk4 is a totally different beast. It is designed for high speed power. It will get whipped by a nearstock WRX in the 60 foot but will blow past it in the 1/4 mile and keep pulling. That is why it's 1/4 mile times are low for the mph.
    It's best performance lies in the 60 mph to 150 mph range. Ours is at an far lower level.
    Rule: Unless you are seriously modded, don't follow a non-stock SupraTT onto the highway. It will eat you alive. I know as I used to have one.
    Many say our gearing sucks for high speed, especially 4th and 5th. I personally like it. When you get up to high enough power, you have the long legs to keep up with the exotics, gearing wise.
    Regarding a Link, it takes some experience and brains to use it, but can be far better than the stock ECU. It does adapt a small amount to give a bit more safety margin but it isn't really designed to auto-learn like an AVC-R is with boost. Idle problems can be solved with experience and perhaps a wideband (FJO, $800). If you want to play with SupraTT's on the highway, that will be necessary tools to tune/maintain it yourself.
    www.Quantum-Racing.com
    Home of the Dynapack AWD Dyno
    Sales Email, Tech Email

Umm. If you stuff drag radials on the supra many BPU's can run sub 2.0 60' times, many run 1.7-1.8 which nets a 12 flat at nearly 120MPH. Not sure, but a stock WRX or a mildly mod'd one will not come near that. Now if you don't have traction in the supra or a driver you have problems. They are tempermental.

Originally posted by jester
    i would agree wit da guy who said you would win da 1\4 but loose da freeway jump..see cuz WRX stock also suck after 60..but those mods are pretty sweet.
    Got Boost?

You'll keep with a stock one from a roll, and probably get him down low really good But how many stock supras are going to race?

Originally posted by TurboWRX

ummm, you're a moron.
    he has some major work done to his WRX, probably making it a 12 sec or at the least a LOW 13 sec car. that's plenty enough to beat a Supra TT from a roll. and what do you mean "with only those mods"? i mean geez, he has a bigger turbo, chip, exhaust, injectors, etc etc etc....i think you're just jealous of his car
    Got Boost?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.