Wrx Vs Supra - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs Supra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well rsxracer- you're really an idiot. that was a pretty funny post. i bet u feel real dumb now dip****...

well rsxracer- you're really an idiot. that was a pretty funny post. i bet u feel real dumb now dip****

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if all the supra had was exhaust he would defintely beat it. they are what, low 13's stock?

It's very believable against a MKIII Supra. It would be hard to believe against a MKIV that was BPU though. I have a Supra TT MKIV that is BPU, and has 400RWHP(with race gas). Off the line your car would smoke me, but on the Freeway I don't think you would have a chance. I'm really not that good at launching my Supra either. My best time was a 12.9 at 118. Some of my friends with the same HP are getting low 12s. I can also pull on a Z06 on the freeway. One night at the races a Ferrari came out and got spanked by my friends Supra. They are very fast cars especially at higher speeds.

FYI the MKIII turbo only runs a mid 14 stock. With basic mods probably a high 13
    02 WRX Platinum Silver sedan
    No mods yet...

I might be able to run with you supra's considering my cars a mid 12er..... Your time looks funny (not saying it's b.s. at all) just curious why you have a 12.9 at 118? Losing traction or what is it, just curious.

Originally posted by AecannonRacing
    I might be able to run with you supra's considering my cars a mid 12er..... Your time looks funny (not saying it's b.s. at all) just curious why you have a 12.9 at 118? Losing traction or what is it, just curious.
    The Supra has traction problems in 1st, 2nd, and sometimes even 3rd. Also, like I said I am not that good at launching my car. My friend with the exact same mods, and approx. same dyno HP got a 12.4@ 117 at a drag strip. My numbers are from a g-tec so I'm not sure that they are exact, but I have read that they are pretty close.

I don't doubt that you would beat me in the 1/4. But between my extra HP, the gearing of the Supra, and the C.D. differences, I don't think you would win on the freeway. AS soon as I get my Supra out of the shop I will try to run BadWRX (I-club) he has a similar setup to your execpt he is running a PE 1820 (or 1818... not sure)

Dave
    02 WRX Platinum Silver sedan
    No mods yet...

It's all good, I'm getting rid of my unichip,turbo and injectors. The unichip s causing me soooooo many problems, as for the injectors, they are useless without the ubichip and the turbo as well. SO I think I'm going to take my extra $$ and buy either a 3000gt or a supra to hook up until the wrx gets stable mods under it's belt (as far as engine management).....Have a good one guys!!!!!

When I was at the NHRA Import NE Regional race, I saw some of the fastest street cars in the country. About three of them were Supras. Two of them were from Titan Motorsports. BTW, the SLOWEST car to qualify in Street tires ran 11.9 !!!

They are AWESOME cars. I'd rather build an all-motor Civic, though. WAY CHEAPER!

-Jim

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    When I was at the NHRA Import NE Regional race, I saw some of the fastest street cars in the country. About three of them were Supras. Two of them were from Titan Motorsports. BTW, the SLOWEST car to qualify in Street tires ran 11.9 !!!

They are AWESOME cars. I'd rather build an all-motor Civic, though. WAY CHEAPER!

-Jim
    All-motor Civic...

I read an article on some all-motor professional racers and it really impresses me with what they can do
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Speaking of all motor Civics, I saw a video the other day of a Civic HB kill a Ferrari (model???) in th 1/4. He was a good 2-3 car lengths ahead at about 60' mark. I'm not too into that kind of drag racing, but, if anyone wants to see the video, I'll post it.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Please post it, cnoff
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

It's all good, I'm getting rid of my unichip,turbo and injectors. The unichip s causing me soooooo many problems, as for the injectors, they are useless without the ubichip and the turbo as well. SO I think I'm going to take my extra $$ and buy either a 3000gt or a supra to hook up until the wrx gets stable mods under it's belt (as far as engine management).....Have a good one guys!!!!!
    eh? man you're killing Supras on the highway yet you say it's causing you sooo many problems? Mind telling us what problems exactly?

Herky Fu$#%9 Jerkyness, timing being pulled, pig rich a/f ratios AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... My car doesn't like the unichip, so I am returning it, its been an ongoing problem for me...But Instead of switching to the darkside of the forced performance world, I'm staying a Jedi warrior and having YOSHIRO at http://www.japanese-auto.com/main.html re-flash my ecu tuned to my mods. Apparantly the re-programming of my ecu will cure the unichip and ecu fighting each other with timing and fuel issues like little *****slaps that they are....Subaru made the ecu smart..too farking smart!!! ANyhow, with the reflash of my ecu I will get more power than the unichip, definately more smoothness and reliability as well as torque.YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was about to sell out!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo.......... But I found this solution, he said he'd have some base maps to work with in 2-3 weeks..awsum

Hey, a LINK ECU can "learn" just like the stock. It is much more mod friendly and if you have a local tuner, you don't even have to go through the "rich A/F" learning curve. I don't know anyone who doesn't like their "LINK" (It doesn't have any of the partial throttle problems and keeps it lean, It's pretty affordable too at less than $1500).

Originally posted by sordid
    Hey, a LINK ECU can "learn" just like the stock. It is much more mod friendly and if you have a local tuner, you don't even have to go through the "rich A/F" learning curve. I don't know anyone who doesn't like their "LINK" (It doesn't have any of the partial throttle problems and keeps it lean, It's pretty affordable too at less than $1500).
    Speaking from experience, the Link Self Tune mode SUCKS.
    Add to this the fact that the car won't idle properly and cen even have stalling problems and I say, "Don't get a Link unless you have access to a dyno and pro-tuner."

-Jim

wow, this is an intresting convo..supra vs. Modded up WRx. i used to be da biggest supra fan untill i met da WRX. i would agree wit da guy who said you would win da 1\4 but loose da freeway jump..see cuz WRX stock also suck after 60..but those mods are pretty sweet.i dunno, it would be a good race thats all i have to say
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.