1.8T Beetle gets its doors sucked off
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 1.8T Beetle gets its doors sucked off within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I see this beetle in front of me on 48, ewww, i thought. Well the driver had an 1.8T sticker ...

1.8T Beetle gets its doors sucked off

I see this beetle in front of me on 48, ewww, i thought. Well the driver had an 1.8T sticker on the back, tag belonged on an audi. So i grinned and said to myself. Turbo... hmm wonder if its got any APR stuff on it.

No cheezeball stickers on it, looked stock. He gave me thumbs up when i got next to him, and i did the same, even though im sure he didnt see me thru my tints.

2 stoplights later, Im in a mergelane at a redlight. Some jackasses in a worktruck were powerbraking , and making some tiresmoke next to me... "God i feel like its highschool". Beetle is behind me, revving a little bit.. Bring the revs to 5... lots of noise throught the straightpipe, cant hear my stereo...

Green light:
    mean 5.5k boosted launch
    Done with first. Wheres the truck? Beetles tires are screeching
    6k, second... beetle is 5 cars or more back,
    I shut down at 80, and he was way way back, but he took the truck easily...
    Conclusion, he did not have APR parts.

I WANT MY ACCESSPORT NOW, jk The straight pipe will give me some smiles for a while. Tonight i plan to rip through oakwood at a loud dB level. (they live too comfortably)
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stock 1.8T dont do much other than make cool turbo sounds.

A 1.8t GTi taunted me w/the 'ol 'speed match and floor it' gig, untill I finally put him down like a sick animal.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by CKxx
    Stock 1.8T dont do much other than make cool turbo sounds.

02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

i dont think i would have waisted a 5.5k launch on that truck. i save my big launchs for the track and good street competition. i gotta make this stock tranny last another summer.

good kill though
    '02 silver sooby
    blitz spec r ebc (7 lbs daily, 15.5 spirited, 17 at the track)...turbo xs rfl...vishnu catless uppipe...turbo xs catless downpipe...turbo xs catless catback...k&n drop in filter...step colder plugs...walbro 255...zex wet kit w/purge (55 shot)

good point, and the only reason i allow myself to do that, is because my RE92's are bald, and will just spin like mad... so i guess i am being good to my tranny
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

haha, nice to your tranny but mean to your body panels and/or frame when going around a sharp corner on a rainy day....

i need new tires for my civic too, i put the old fronts on the back and just bought 2 new tires for the front since i was soon to sell (havent yet). well i drove on them for another summer causing even more wear on the rear tires. was on a dark highway and pulling into an unfamiliar gas station when the entrance came up on me suprisingly fast and due to the bald rear tires i pulled a nice drift into the gas station when the back end came out from me.

it was actually pretty sweet but it would have been sweeter if i mean to do it.
    '02 silver sooby
    blitz spec r ebc (7 lbs daily, 15.5 spirited, 17 at the track)...turbo xs rfl...vishnu catless uppipe...turbo xs catless downpipe...turbo xs catless catback...k&n drop in filter...step colder plugs...walbro 255...zex wet kit w/purge (55 shot)

yea i am ultra careful, in anything other than the dry... my car doesnt really go anywhere in the snow, unless im under 3k
    03 MBP WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    A fellow employee had a loaner Beetle that was the 1.8T. I took it out for a drive, and was completely underwhelmed with the power or handling. To be fair, it was only the 150hp version, not the Turbo S.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

fun race
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.