WRX vs Boxster S - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs Boxster S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by WRXrumble Yes I agree that the WRX and the OZ special are not in the same catalogory. ...

Originally posted by WRXrumble

Yes I agree that the WRX and the OZ special are not in the same catalogory. I am not comparing the two cars, I am saying the marketing schemes are simular.

They now have the name WRX and LANCER established in the US market. How many people other then the real hardcore car guys knows what WRC, EVO and STI is all about 2 years ago ?

Since the S4 is a gonner, you can go out and buy a Audi RS6 if you could, which is a really fast car. How many ppl in the US knows what is a S4, don't even try to ask them what is a RS6 ? I bet you most people know what a M3, M5 are. That is marketing and product image.
    You're right, the S4 is the best kept secret, no one know's what it is

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 2001S4

You're right, the S4 is the best kept secret, no one know's what it is
    So true, I also noticed S4 driver seems to be more in touch with their cars Some M3 driver have not idea what they are driving, just by looking at the way they drive the car, like a grannie. Not like they (M3 owners) should all go ballistics but 65 and blocking traffic flow comm'on.

If you happened to own a S4, enjoy it. It is a shame that such a nice car have been discontinued Btw the 2003 A4 looks pretty good. I like the new shape.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Don't worry, the S4 hasn't been discontinued. It is just on hiatus. It will be back most likely as a 2004 model and it will be faster than ever. The only thing left to be determined is which engine it will have. There are plenty of speculations. It will most likely be a V8, whether normally aspirated or not is the question.

I am not worrying. If it ever comes back it will be still high priced. Since I put in 30,000+ miles a year that will make it pretty insane to have a 40-50K car and basically worthless in 3 years time. I was so happy when the WRX came out with such performance and relatively low price

Of cause for those ppl that is 5 mins from work then it will be a different story.

My dealer says it's no secret - the new S4 will be a twin turbo 6 cylinder - making around 300 hp stock. He will even take a deposit because they haven't determined how many will ship yet. It will not be in the USA until the 2004 model year. He says all this info is on the web...I haven't looked. He is taking deposits on a $50K car BTW.

By 2004 you will be sharing the road with 250-300 hp Mini vans my man. hahahahah

Originally posted by sordid
    My dealer says it's no secret - the new S4 will be a twin turbo 6 cylinder - making around 300 hp stock. He will even take a deposit because they haven't determined how many will ship yet. It will not be in the USA until the 2004 model year. He says all this info is on the web...I haven't looked. He is taking deposits on a $50K car BTW.
    Not sure that's right actually...

I have read in many places that the 2003/4 S4 will actually have a 300HP variant of the NA 4.2L V8. I wish it were a 300hp TT V6 though, lighter and with the same horsepower.

I can't honestly believe that the engine will only make 300hp though. A V8 making less horsepower than BMW M3's I-6 (333), will not be competitive enough. Hopefully, Audi will realize this and do a little tweaking on their V8.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.