I like IS300's, but I HATE their owners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I like IS300's, but I HATE their owners within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, at least most of the owners on this site: http://is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php...41a0cb109c2950...

I like IS300's, but I HATE their owners

Well, at least most of the owners on this site:

http://is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php...41a0cb109c2950

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It must have been real interesting to other IS300 guys. He posted that on March 30th and no one has replied.

Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

Originally posted by Root
    It must have been real interesting to other IS300 guys. He posted that on March 30th and no one has replied.

Justin
    Lol. I noticed that too. My cousin had a WRX for a while (like a month), but he sold it and got an IS300. I bet he visits that board.

Funny though...during that month he did a lot of work to the car...exhaust, bov, side skirts, coilover, etc...

Jaykkub
    2001 S2000 Spa Yellow Comptech Exhaust | DC Sports Header | JR Air Filter | Spoon XBrace | Neuspeed STB | Muz Mat | Rick's Center Console Cover | Momo Shift Knob | Carbon Fiber Dash Kit | Clear Headlights |
    2002 Impreza WRX WR Blue
    HKS TT Type 0 | Injen Cold Air Intake | Autometer Boost Gauge | Prodrive Shift Knob

erm, yuck... what a jerk! But- I've met some nice IS300 owners, let's not generalize...
    2002 WRX Sedan - 2000 Mazda Miata
    Do us all a favor: work on learning how to drive your car before adding more power. Pretty please.

It's funny, you can just see that guy's attitude in his post. Like WRX's are just toys and he has no time for them. Does this guy know that any car can be made fast with N2O? Apparently not.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

According to his email address, this guy works at Disney. Can you own a Lexus by operating rides at the Magic Kingdom???

Last time I checked, nitrous won't last for the entire duration of let say...a canyon run? A nitroused Kia would kill a WRX in a short race. Who cares?
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

Originally posted by AutoXJunkie
    erm, yuck... what a jerk! But- I've met some nice IS300 owners, let's not generalize...
    That is why i said most of the owners on that site. Not all, but for some reason, the people on that site are a bit obnoxious and think there car runs about 2 seconds faster in the 1/4 than it really does stock.

Just for entertainment purposes, let's review the numbers.

Subaru WRX (5 spd)
    HP 227
    torque 217
    curb weight 3085 lbs
    0-60 5.7 secs
    1/4 mile 14.4 secs

Lexus IS300 (5 spd)
    Hp 217
    torque 218
    curb weight 3255 lbs
    0-60 6.8 secs(ouch!)
    1/4 mile 15.1 secs

Somebody needs to *****-slap that guy!
    Flapatax Mud Flaps

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not sure I get his point. He says that the car just rolled out from the dealer? Why even race a car that's not even broken in(and that goes for the driver and the instigator)? I like the IS300 a lot and I wouldn't mind owning one for daily driving and track days, but like others on this forum, I have to say, there are some pretty ignorant people out there who claim to know about cars and tuning. When I took delivery, I saw many a riced Civic, Prelude and others, but I wouldn't comprimise the integrity of the car during break in period just to prove a useless point. And yes, NOS makes any car fast...unfortunately, it doesn't last either.

I'm sure he doesn't know if it was new from the dealer or not... but whatever the case the guy basically said he lost without his precious "laffy".

-Rob W

02 WRX Sedan 5spd Midnight Black
    --- Mods: Godspeed Uppipe, Blitz SBC-id

01 LS1 Firebird Formula

What the heck is "turbo torque"?
    This guy is obviously a kid, and probably had his mommy bought him a new Is300 because M3 was too expensive.
    IS300 is competitive against BMW 325 and Audi 1.8T. Entry level luxury compacts. Not too bad if you compare it to those cars.

A friend of mine has an IS300 with cams headwork all the goodies and nitrous and hes running low low 12's.. it is a sick car!
    real sleeper when people line up against him

Rob

No one is denying the potential of an IS300. I really like the car. It is just some of those guys are a bit obnoxious. As for the nitrous factor, I am against using it. I know it can make any car faster, but at what cost? I don't care who tries to tell you otherwise, it is NOT good for an engine, and can even damage other parts as well. A car is not made to jump horsepower by 50, 75, 100 or whatever amount of horsepower you try to obtain at the push of a button.

I know dude, to be honest my friend is a stuckup snob whos parents bought him the car and all the parts (10k worth for just those few things) Maybe i should have mentioned that and it would have gone better with the thread!

Rob

I used to surf the altimas.net forum a few months ago when I was trying to decide which car to get and there was a guy who installed a Zex dry kit in his brand new 2.5S. He bragged and bragged about how fast he was and posted the various "kills" from the previous evening on the board. I believe he was using a 50 shot at first, then he got cocky and boosted it up to a 95 shot until one night it happened, he fried his pistons. After that he was left with a 3000lb paperweight and shunned from the forum because he removed the Zex kit and took his car to the dealer in an effort to obtain warranty service, everytime he posted he would get flamed and he eventully dropped off the face of the altimas forum.
    Flapatax Mud Flaps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast