Me vs 2002 ss camaro with mods - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs 2002 ss camaro with mods within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK, this is the deal....sorry if it is off topic a bit, but I did not want to create a ...

J-H

LS1 question

OK, this is the deal....sorry if it is off topic a bit, but I did not want to create a new thread on this.

EVERYTIME I go to the SRT forums I read that somebody just "killed" and LS1, LS1' fall flat after 80mph and in this forum I hear that they pull VERY hard after 80mph and on.... WTF are they talking about, I just want to understand...

I know the BS on this forum is almost non-existent compared to other forums, but I need to know what in the world is going on with LS1' (stock and modded) and SRT4' (stock and modded)....sorta like a "WHO's WHO".

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its possible that ls1s pull harder then wrxs on the freeway and srt-4s pull harder then ls1s on the freeway I dont know how the gearing is up top on the srt-4 but they can make massive power quite easily and the only place they have a chance to put it down is on the freeway.
    Alex

LS1's don't have much of a dead-spot at all. Stout from just about any rev. LT1's on the other hand....lose a bit up high. Known for absurd low-end torque.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

First off, GREAT kill NORCAL, that SS wasnt catching u at any speed from what I can tell. LS1's are indeed pretty tough on the highway but they're not the undefeatable monsters that everyone makes them out to be. Sure, with MOD's LS1's can be downright brutal, but stock for stock, an STI is goin to eat an LS1, people need to remember, F Body's weigh at least 300 to 400 lbs more than an STI. I've waked a ton of LS1's on the highway..its the same ol story.."follow me to the hwy man", and the same result, LS1's are strong, but lets get serious, they're NOT the legend that LS1 fanatics make them out to be..A STOCK 04 cobra would walk an LSI stock for stock at any speed...

Originally posted by STLWRX69
    A STOCK 04 cobra would walk an LSI stock for stock at any speed...
    Really Never would have thought, I mean cobras only have an extra 100hp on the f-bodys why would they beat them??
    Alex

Obviously, but if you talk to the avg hillbilly in an LSI they'll spit out their SKOAL and say after losing to a Cobra, " Yea, he took me in the 1/4, but lets seem him do it to me on the highway, cuz i got me an LS1"

First off, GREAT kill NORCAL, that SS wasnt catching u at any speed from what I can tell. LS1's are indeed pretty tough on the highway but they're not the undefeatable monsters that everyone makes them out to be. Sure, with MOD's LS1's can be downright brutal, but stock for stock, an STI is goin to eat an LS1, people need to remember, F Body's weigh at least 300 to 400 lbs more than an STI. I've waked a ton of LS1's on the highway..its the same ol story.."follow me to the hwy man", and the same result, LS1's are strong, but lets get serious, they're NOT the legend that LS1 fanatics make them out to be..A STOCK 04 cobra would walk an LSI stock for stock at any speed...
    I ran a 13.2 at 107mph with a 2.1 60ft when I was *bone stock*. You're telling me a stock STi would eat me like I'm a punk .

Hey, by the time you are shifting into your 10th gear at 75-80mph I'll be right there with you .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Obviously, but if you talk to the avg hillbilly in an LSI they'll spit out their SKOAL and say after losing to a Cobra, " Yea, he took me in the 1/4, but lets seem him do it to me on the highway, cuz i got me an LS1"
    Hey, do you even know what that japanese lettering stands for on your car .

skewed figures when you're launching on a super sticky drag strip, on the street you'll be spinning through 2nd and you'll never catch up...

i ate an LS1 equipped vette like a red headed step child from a 5mph roll because he couldnt hook up on the street....the drag strip is always goin to be stickier than the avg steet race...

This thread sucks now.
    Alex

i'm not at all hatin on LS1's, they're a stout motor for sure, but there's always goin to be a faster car, and im a lil biased bc most ls1 drivers feel they're undefeatable..cockiness is fun to extinguish..

You "waked" a ton of LS1's on the highway? What does that mean in St. Louis slang?

LS1 Automatics aren't fantastic on the highway. Stock trapspeeds around 103-104 mph are typical at the end of the 1/4. Also depends if it's a 2.73 or 3.23 rear end... Six speed cars are stronger up top, however, and will routinely trap at 105-108 mph stock. If you're WRX or STi is running across the 1/4 mile stripe within a mph or so of those trap speeds, then you'd have a good race on your hands. If you're trapping 110+, then you'll start "walking" them or "eating" them. Otherwise, well...

If you want to pound your chest about how many LS1's you beat on a regular basis, I can't dispute it because I wasn't there. I know a few LS1 guys in the Missouri area, however, who would probably entertain the idea of comparing time slips with you at the end of the day.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

i'm not at all hatin on LS1's, I'm hating on their owners, LS1s are a stout motor for sure, but there's always goin to be a faster car, and im a lil biased bc most WRX owners get OWN3D by LS1s and it hurts my feelings...someone needs to extinguish my ignorance
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 01-22-2004 at 05:16 PM.

no one's pounding chests, the guyz that actually KNOW cars and modify them, ie the guyz who would compare slips, are not the guyz im tryin to dis, its the geeks who know just enough to get them into trouble and feel their stock F body is goin to take on all comers on the highway..

nice childish prank streamwood, thats exactly why ive modded the wrx, for lumps like yourself that are hatin on imports..its called education, not edumacation homer..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast