Me vs 2002 ss camaro with mods - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs 2002 ss camaro with mods within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by NORCAL STI i never drop the clutch i ease it out while getting on the gas. its ...

Originally posted by NORCAL STI
    i never drop the clutch i ease it out while getting on the gas. its the easy way 4500 is way to low for me

iknow from a roll ls1s pull but street racing is off the line not rolling starts

"i guarantee when kory gets back he will say i would beat him from a 30 mph roll" thats the **** he said after
    Of course 4500 is too low you launch under vacume instead of boost which just makes it alot harder. Thats also why you cant slip as quickly.

I said hold at 3k and then Floor the car with your cluctch stil fully depressed and when you hit 5k let the clutch out fast. You will be launching with 2-3psi instead of vacume wich has a hell of alot more power.
    Alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice Kill

im sure top end he woudl get me but he never really caught up
    And dont be so sure on that, If he has 4.10's I would think his top end would be restricted by the gearing. Maybe StoplighWarrior could correct me!?
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Greddy: EGT, Boost, Oil Press Gauges
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

lol i have a sti

and yes friend of a friend seen him run 12.80s. i say my car runs 13.1s because i allways underestimate.

and you can hear thats not a v6 camaro!!! anyone who knows these cars can tell a sti from a reg wrx

Norcal: No dispute about it, as I mentioned good kill in my first response on page 1. I was responding to SGOS about the thread in LS1.com about the guy claiming to destroy an STi. I should have quoted him to avoid any confusion.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

sorry i read it wrong. im sure top end they will pull but on the street they have long catching up to do.

This video shows the beauty of AWD in a short street race from a stop. Keep up the good work NORCAL .

Like Dan00 said, if he can run 12.70s-80s at a prepared 1/4 mile track, obviously he would have the upper hand in that environment. That wasn't the case this time. I'd love to see a high stall auto bolt-on nitto'd LS1 race a BPU STi from a stoplight .
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 01-21-2004 at 08:19 PM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Well since it's relevant to this thread, here is an old video of me versus some modded v8s from a roll: http://www.svtperformance.com/~blade...2004WRXSTi.wmv

My mods were the same except I had the slightly inferior HKS downpipe at the time.

Here's a quote from the old thread about the SS at the end of the vid:
    Originally posted by DenniSTi
    "air box lid and free mods.....took screen out of mass air, throttle body bypass, and free ram air mod (cut bottom of air box).. "

He also has drag radials too and the SLP exhaust etc.. He has a 75 shot which wasn't used when I raced him but there will soon be a video from that same night of the Cobra vs. the SS on the gas. With a full bottle the shot makes 69whp for him, but he only had .047 jet bottle that was near empty and still only lost by about a car length versus the Cobra. I don't know if he has any other mods, but he beat a supposedly 430whp 03' Cobra while running all motor. His 1/4 time on the gas is 11.9 @ 119.

He had the advantage through 3rd gear slightly, but after that he stopped his gradual pull and we were both even and no one seemed to be pulling. I found that interesting because of the topend of the LS1, but it was still closer than I expected it to be and we didn't go to 6th gear once.

Nice video by the way.

Thanks guys

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by DenniSTi
    Well since it's relevant to this thread, here is an old video of me versus some modded v8s from a roll: http://www.svtperformance.com/~blade...2004WRXSTi.wmv

Those are some mean V8's in that vid! 470whp? I can't even conceive of that. Maybe someday...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Nice kill. I was wondering if you puffed a big black smoke at the end? Are you running mad rich? I noticed that from the last portion of the clip.. Or it's the just the camera?
    Last edited by sk1CL-S; 01-22-2004 at 05:09 AM.
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

Im prob runnning mad rich im guessin no cats but i think that was the street dust when i let off we were going 85-90 and he when he hit his brakes i didnt slow down just kept on going as you can see.

how long was the race?? Was it about 1/4 mile or less???

they have it marked on the street 1/4 mile run but the guy on the camaro said he wouldnt catch me he could see that he let off

Holy crap-- nice launch!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast