Me vs 2002 ss camaro with mods - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs 2002 ss camaro with mods within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nice one. Ever do any roll-ons with him?...

Nice one. Ever do any roll-ons with him?
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    take him on from 70-130

but very smart of you to use what you've got!!
    2003 SRT-4

Cool

Nice take down

Not many LS1's with those few mods will run a 12.7 on the street. At the track with VHT and a good burnout, and it's possible. Be careful if you run across an LS1 running around on ET streets, especially if it's an automatic with a high stall torque converter. Meanwhile, keep up the good work!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Hey Norcal,

I am such a noob when it comes to launching, but I noticed you held your rpms at around 5800rpms or so. Were you on your clutch during that, and if so, wouldn't that totally toast it? I have revved it to 5000 or so for less than a split second with the clutch down and I could smell the burnt clutch smell immediately. After that, I never did that again (well atleast didn't have the clutch down that long).
    2004 Subaru WRX Sti - Java Black Pearl/Silver wheels.

-Bone stock

Hes actually launching the hard way. Its alot easier to hold around 3500 then floor it and when you hit 4500-5000 slip the clutch quickly. There will be little smell a bit of wheelsping and you will not bog.
    Alex

Nothing like revving it up and dropping it to launch the car... Funny thing is STi 6 speeds will take it all day long

-mike

They also have a part that keeps the clutch from being dropped. So you can kind of drop it and the car will slip it for you.
    Alex

Originally posted by afpdl
    They also have a part that keeps the clutch from being dropped. So you can kind of drop it and the car will slip it for you.
    Nice, I just rolled stock 5 speed... sti twin plate 6 puck... 1.7 60's and no tranny problems.. But my friend JJ had a jdm 6 speed, with the front lsd.. that was nice too many shifts for me tho lol

-Mike

i never drop the clutch i ease it out while getting on the gas. its the easy way 4500 is way to low for me

iknow from a roll ls1s pull but street racing is off the line not rolling starts

"i guarantee when kory gets back he will say i would beat him from a 30 mph roll" thats the **** he said after

Sweet
    You ate him up off the line. Great job

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, nice run!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by NORCAL STI
    i never drop the clutch i ease it out while getting on the gas. its the easy way 4500 is way to low for me

iknow from a roll ls1s pull but street racing is off the line not rolling starts

"i guarantee when kory gets back he will say i would beat him from a 30 mph roll" thats the **** he said after
    Hey Norcal, so do you have your clutch pressed down when your revving your engine? That's the part that I'm still confused about.

cheerios,
    david
    2004 Subaru WRX Sti - Java Black Pearl/Silver wheels.

-Bone stock

has anyone broken their sti 6sp trans?

Originally posted by NORCAL STI

There's a thread in LS1.com (kill section) where an LS1 with a intake and free mods raced a STi with exhaust. The guy said he beat the STi so bad he couldn't hardly see his headlights anymore behind him. This was from 40-120mph.
    I was the only one that seemed to have a problem with it. Either this STi gave up, or the LS1 has more mods than were mentioned.

A basically stock LS1 isn't going to pull 10+ cars on a basically stock STi from 40-120mph. Yes the LS1 should win in most cases but not by that much.

I've had my share of encounters with LS1s on the street and none of my races came out like that.

I was nice enough to post the this vidoe over there.

LS1.commers are mostly biased fanatics, IMO, with only a few that are true auto enthusiasts who can be realistic... I don't even remember my password over there anymore! LOL It wouldn't surprise me if the LS1.com member raced a WRX that was merely dressed like an STi. They do sell STi badges afterall. Just like some people think they raced a Z28, and it was really a V6 Camaro. Or raced a V6 Firebird and it turned out to be a Formula w/ an LS1.

I'd rather have people think an STi was slower than it is, so they get shocked when they have their first real encounter with one.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.