stage2 vs dinan m5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage2 vs dinan m5 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok so i'm crusing down the street and I come up to a light, there is a white M5 (its ...

stage2 vs dinan m5

ok so i'm crusing down the street and I come up to a light, there is a white M5 (its not the newest one, but the previous generation) I notice it was lowered, exhaust and had a Dinan badge on the back.

so the light turns green and the m5 revs it up. his exhaust was felt from my car pedals. (pretty loud) and he takes off, so i follow him and we hit another light this time side by side.

im thinking to myself i have beat a few e36 m3's and the m5 should not be anymore of a problem. WRONG. light goes green and i get my ass handed to me.

he launches hard i mean AWD did nothing for me . We ran it to about 100mph with him about 5-6 cars ahead. that thing pulled hard. and the worst thing is he flashed his hazards on me to rub it in more

does anyone know what he coulda had? i wanted to talk to him but he charged this light and made a turn and i did'nt feel like chasing him down.

side note thats 2losses for me in the pass week i need to get a 18g
    my mods- upipe, ecuTEK reflash and turbo back

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

current stock M5's have 400hp and about 330rwhp so it should pull nicely on a stage two. If you have kept going, they continue to pull rather hard until about 160. You will really appreaciate their power, gearing and aerodynamics if you try to chase one from 80 on. The previous generation M5 (90-95) had 310-340 hp and were also fast. I don't know which one you raced.
    Last edited by madmmt; 01-20-2004 at 01:45 PM.

Originally posted by madmmt
    You will really appreaciate their power, gearing and aerodynamics if you try to chase one from 80 on. The
    Or HATE it!

those things are amazing cars. the total package. great handling, power (low and high) beautiful interior, all the trimmings, and last but no least, just gorgeous to look at.

dR

hmm i raced the same generation as the e36 m3's. i looked up on the internet and i saw dinan m5 runs 12.7@113mph and 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. maybe i ran something similar to that set up.

Pretty weak that he flashed his hazards.....I would not expect that from an M5 driver......well, maybe

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I assume you're talking about the 91-93 M5's. They are damn sweet cars and pretty unknown in most car circles. With some debadging they can be pretty nasty sleepers.

Here's a dyno graph of a Dinan Stroker Stage 3 kit. It includes a high output 3.9L V8, intake and exhaust cams as well as a software upgrade. Will put ya right at 400whp and 350lb/ft at the wheels according to the site.

2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

looks like i'm gonna need some more mods to run with him next time

Did it look like this Is there a car in those pics. Although it say Dinan 3, is that a Dinan M3, Ive never head of these cars before this post.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

ahh i havnt seen those pix in days, thanks for the reminder on how hot that girl is. nope it didnt look like thos ecars it was just a m5 with dual exhaust lowered on some rims with the m5 badge on the right with the dinan badge on the left.
    looked just like this

damn! that girl looks NICE!

is she a model or something???
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

There's a car in those pics????
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

I Support ClubWRX
    Did it look like this?

Did it look like this?
    yep

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    Did it look like this Is there a car in those pics. Although it say Dinan 3, is that a Dinan M3, Ive never head of these cars before this post.
    thanks for my new avatar...

and nice death... 470hp?
    2002 WRX:sold...2004 sti:sold...1998 2.0rs:sold...2009 WRX:tuned

J-H
    Originally posted by capaWRX
    [B]thanks for my new avatar...
    OMG!That is too funny.....

That picture is awesome though

JH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.