stage2 vs dinan m5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on stage2 vs dinan m5 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by PolarisSnT Did it look like this Is there a car in those pics. Although it say Dinan ...

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    Did it look like this Is there a car in those pics. Although it say Dinan 3, is that a Dinan M3, Ive never head of these cars before this post.
    That's not an M3. For every Dinan upgrade you do to your 3-series BMW, Dinan awards you a certain amount of points. When you get enough points, your car is considered a Dinan 3, and they send you that Dinan 3 badge. A Dinan 3 can be anything from a 323i to a 330i.

The Dinan M3 is completely different. It is a specific engine and suspension package.

BTW, I couldn't keep myself from scrolling after seeing the BMW pics. That chick was too.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my friend has the 93 m5 and occasionally new m5's

if its the older m5, it has a 3.6L euro motor in it...similar to E-36 m3 euro motors but with much more torque...with just a cam gear and a chip it makes about 350hp and equal torque they are highway monsters....and the new m5...they are quick, but S55 ownz

Re: stage2 vs dinan m5

does anyone know what he coulda had? i wanted to talk to him but he charged this light and made a turn and i did'nt feel like chasing him down.

Maybe a Chevy V8....

My pops has an 01' M5 and we have only raced from a roll, an 80mph roll....i would hit it way before him and in a split second he would be carlengths upon carlengths on me....it gets ridiculous...
    I think from a dead stop he would catch me in second gear....
    then its over after that...
    I have Ecutek stg 2 with factory manifold...We'll see if that changes in the near future though...

His M5 is stock cept for the Kn air Filters...

Its a pretty complete car...
    Lots of good kill stories in that thing...
    Regards,
    Christopher
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

Originally posted by WRX=Imprezzed
    My pops has an 01' M5 and we have only raced from a roll, an 80mph roll....i would hit it way before him and in a split second he would be carlengths upon carlengths on me....it gets ridiculous...
    I think from a dead stop he would catch me in second gear....
    then its over after that...
    I have Ecutek stg 2 with factory manifold...We'll see if that changes in the near future though...

His M5 is stock cept for the Kn air Filters...

Its a pretty complete car...
    Lots of good kill stories in that thing...
    Regards,
    Christopher
    ...and to think that a completely stock C5 is faster yet....I know.

Originally posted by dangrass
    that made no sense.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

ya gotta be smokin crack - id rather have a m5 over a c5.. and for some reason i'm doubtin it being faster..
    2002 WRX:sold...2004 sti:sold...1998 2.0rs:sold...2009 WRX:tuned

Originally posted by capaWRX
    ya gotta be smokin crack - id rather have a m5 over a c5.. and for some reason i'm doubtin it being faster..
    You're right, the C5 is faster. As for which one you'd rather have, depends a lot on what you want. An M5 is a really cool 4 door sedan, but it's not a sports car.

You're right, the C5 is faster. As for which one you'd rather have, depends a lot on what you want. An M5 is a really cool 4 door sedan, but it's not a sports car.
    Haha, M5 not a sports car, what are you smoking, it's gotta be better than what I'm smoking...

wow
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by ryland
    Haha, M5 not a sports car, what are you smoking, it's gotta be better than what I'm smoking...

wow
    Have you driven one? It's a friggen boat with lots of power. An M3 will kill it on any kind of winding road....and an STi will kill both of them on said winding road. I've driven the M5 and the E55, both of which are really nice grand touring cars, but sports cars they are not. They are just too darn heavy.

Have you driven one? It's a friggen boat with lots of power. An M3 will kill it on any kind of winding road....and an STi will kill both of them on said winding road. I've driven the M5 and the E55, both of which are really nice grand touring cars, but sports cars they are not. They are just too darn heavy.
    Yes I have driven a 2003 M5.

Yes, they are heavy, and yes, they are sports cars. That car is absolutely incredible.

Define sports car for me please, because I'm pretty sure M5's compete in motor sports, and do well.

Oh, and your STi reference. It's a 4 door too, with lots of power. What makes an STi a sports car, and an M5 a touring car? The suspension? Nope, M5 suspension is incredible. Power? Nope, M5 power is incredible. So, what is it?
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Another note:

There is a video floating around of a 911 GT3 following an M5 taxi on the Nurburgring. An M5 is NO joke.

The video is on 8200rpm.com...
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Here is a video of an e34 (odl school) m5 twin turbo killing a 911 porsche turbo. He has done a serious bunch of mods and it is tt. I think he has about 620 rwhp, and it is a total sleeper.

With the right set of mods for the current m5 you can get able 100 hp out of it. The nowack m5 is quite fast, but yet again mods for german cars are a lot of money.

Here is the video (left click and save target)

http://www.blahue.com/bimmerforums/r-and-p.rm
    Last edited by Streetrcrm5; 01-28-2004 at 10:34 AM.
    Either you got a wicked jump shot or you're slinging crack rock, so I went the white-boy way of selling crack rock. I decided to become a stock broker.

Addicted to boost...

anything tuned by dinan is so SICK i got owned by a 720 dinan tuned at the track i was running full boost taht dya to 25 psi and i was hitt my bets times of 12.3 those bmws are no joke the 720 os a huge huge car it was running low 11s
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12