vs. a turboed Civic!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on vs. a turboed Civic! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well we actually didn't race because of too much traffic. But I saw a Civic with a CF hood and ...

WRX

vs. a turboed Civic!

Well we actually didn't race because of too much traffic. But I saw a Civic with a CF hood and hood pins, so I thought "I'll let this joker pull up next to me so I can see what's up w/his ride." I slowed a bit, and he pulled in the lane next to me. I tried to take a look at his car, as it was very clean, and he takes off like a bat out of hell! I was like I've never seen a Civic pull that fast! Then I heard the pssshhhht. (No, it didn't sound like the $30 noise maker that sounds like a bov.) Then I looked at the driver, I think it was a guy I knew in high school.

Anyways, it was a sweet car, and the exhaust wasn't loud at all. I gave him a thumbs up as we turned opposite ways.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow..... one of the few times ive heard of a fast civic on this forum..... al least he put work into the engine except buying lots of stickers that'll add about 50 whp each
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

WRX
    I was surprised, because I've never seen a turboed anything in my area, unless it came from the factory that way.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Turbo hundas are strange beasts. Ive seen many that put on a turbo, and suck just as bad as before they used it, and then theres my friend who boosted his beater integra ($3200 for car, motor, and turbo) and ran a 12.40 at the IDRC thing in atco last year.
    I created my avatar.

I Support ClubWRX
    Again, alot of those cars can be made fast like anything. The thing is alot of people have no idea what they are doing. I've set down and figured for around 6 grand you could build a nasty crx that would go great as a daily driver and wouldnt be touched unless your running high 12's.

I think a lack of tuning is a issue with turbo civics kids just toss on there T-25 and think that's all you need. On the other hand i know a guy that's really into honda and he speaks of nasty boosted light weight rockets. WIth the low end of a turbo and the top end of V-tec they can go well. Oh well just rambling....I wouldnt mind one one day...of course after my sti, cobra kit car, and 70 Mach 1.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Heh, I guess turbo civics arent that common outside of CA. I see more civic/integra turbos in my town than WRXs, and alot of them are VERY fast, laugh if you will
    Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net

Yeah some turbo'd civics are no joke. My friend had a built hatch with a huge T3/4 turbo. 374 WHEEL horsepower. Had steelies with hubcaps on it. :lol:

Until it got stolen.

I live in UT and there are a fair share of fast civics.
    /:

there is a vortec supercharged SI in my area.

he was an easy kill

friend of mine has 600+HP 99 civic w/ built B16.
    daily driven, full interior, runs 11's.

they can be made very fast if ur smart about it and just dont throw crap into it.
    2002 WRX silver
    -281HP/258TQ @ 16 psi

Originally posted by FACTION
    Yeah some turbo'd civics are no joke. My friend had a built hatch with a huge T3/4 turbo. 374 WHEEL horsepower. Had steelies with hubcaps on it. :lol:

Until it got stolen.

I live in UT and there are a fair share of fast civics.
    wow...steelies on a 374 whp car...hope he has some really good brake pads. can't really upgrade to larger rotors on steelies.

Originally posted by fourstardrift
    wow...steelies on a 374 whp car...hope he has some really good brake pads. can't really upgrade to larger rotors on steelies.
    Upgraided lines and all that ****, AFAIK. Doesnt really matter though cause its in Honda Heaven.
    /:

Are you talking about the Courtney's hatch? If so that thing was a beast.

I dont know what it is but honda motors come to life with a correctly done turbo. My daily commuter is a 97 integra that will eventually have a turbo. But I will always favor my WRX.

Originally posted by overlord
    Are you talking about the Courtney's hatch? If so that thing was a beast.

I dont know what it is but honda motors come to life with a correctly done turbo. My daily commuter is a 97 integra that will eventually have a turbo. But I will always favor my WRX.
    No I am not taling about Courtney's car. I am talking about RICKS car.
    /:

Hate to say this but the fastest car I have been in so far is a turbo integra, next to that is a turbo supra. The integra had 504 HP and the supra had 400HP. Both felt really nice.
    "If it ain't going fast it ain't going"

fast civics are like big foot every one has herd about em but few have seen those beasts i got pulled on hard by one the other night i rn a 13.6 in my turbo vr-6 gti (8psi) and he walked me
    if its not fast it better be a show car

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.