Stage 2 vs. Z3....joke

This is a discussion on Stage 2 vs. Z3....joke within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I pulled up next to a BMW Z3 last night at a red light on an open stretch of road. ...

Stage 2 vs. Z3....joke

I pulled up next to a BMW Z3 last night at a red light on an open stretch of road. It said 2.8 or 2. something on it so I'm pretty sure it was a 6 cylinder. I didn't know if he would go or not but I figured he might. When the light turned green, I just let the clutch out like normal but I saw that he was going for it. He jumped about a car length on me before I got into it. By the time I hit second, we were even. It was all over after that. By the top of second, I had about 3 cars and that was pretty much it. We caught the next light and he tried again This time I was ready and launched somewhat aggressively. He was a memory immediately. Some people aren't very quick learners.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Stage 2 vs. Z3....joke

Originally posted by samdog
    I pulled up next to a BMW Z3 last night at a red light on an open stretch of road. It said 2.8 or 2. something on it so I'm pretty sure it was a 6 cylinder. I didn't know if he would go or not but I figured he might. When the light turned green, I just let the clutch out like normal but I saw that he was going for it. He jumped about a car length on me before I got into it. By the time I hit second, we were even. It was all over after that. By the top of second, I had about 3 cars and that was pretty much it. We caught the next light and he tried again This time I was ready and launched somewhat aggressively. He was a memory immediately. Some people aren't very quick learners.
    Good kill. Z3s aren't that fast in stock form, as you found out.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

My stock wagon was about as fast as the m rendition of that car(the 240hp one not 333hp) so I cant imagine the standard z3s being all that fast, I would guess mid to high 14s in the quarter.
    Alex