Sweet (embarrassing) kill today!

This is a discussion on Sweet (embarrassing) kill today! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So Im out driving the cobra (yes, its sold but the guy hasnt flown in to buy it yet). I ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Sweet (embarrassing) kill today!

So Im out driving the cobra (yes, its sold but the guy hasnt flown in to buy it yet). I catch a red light with an NA maybe 96ish Carerra. We're lined up, but the driver is some middle aged woman...she just decides to hang a right. So im thinking, WTF!? We coulda run em right down this 1 mile straight stretch of road and you turn?! But then I glance in the rearview and notice a sick black e36 M3 with tint...I look closer and I see a cage...I realize this car belongs to a guy who went to the same high school as my brother. He thinks his car is the fastest thing ever. He has exhaust, cams, intake, the cage, and Im not sure what else. The only time I've ever talked to him was at a party and he told me he had it up to 200 that evening. Its a manual coupe. He revs at me from behind just as the light is changing green. I go to get the revs up, but this damn all motor cobra with spec stage 2 clutch fvcks up and dies! I see him laughing as he's slowly pulling around to pass me up...well, I get it started and right as he's peeling out next to me, I launch like a mofo, bang 2nd, by 3rd Im pulling, by 95 I have about 7 lengths on him....so I slam the brakes on and he flys by with a look of shock on his face. This was probably my last kill in this car, so im glad it was a great one!!

Too bad I looked like a tard at the start! D'Oh!!
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Owned him, nice. I've got a friend w/ e36 m3 who I will be taking down this summer for sure.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by ryland
    Owned him, nice. I've got a friend w/ e36 m3 who I will be taking down this summer for sure.
    they are definitely awesome cars...but straight line speed from a stop is not their forte
    2003 SRT-4

200 eh? Germans do know how to gear em well
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by brembo
    200 eh? Germans do know how to gear em well

That guy is a moron, first, they are speed limited to 140, and are gear limited to 155. No way he went 200, ever. I hate stupid people.

I hate stupid people.
    I hate stupid people.

Did I mention that I hate stupid people?!?!
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Re: Sweet (embarrassing) kill today!

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    This was probably my last kill in this car, so im glad it was a great one!!

Too bad I looked like a tard at the start! D'Oh!!
    haha thats hilarious, I would have felt like a complete ass if I passed you while your car was shut off, and after you started it back up, put it in gear, and took off, my car still was slower than yours. Nice one

Re: Re: Sweet (embarrassing) kill today!

Originally posted by SpeedKills
    haha thats hilarious, I would have felt like a complete ass if I passed you while your car was shut off, and after you started it back up, put it in gear, and took off, my car still was slower than yours. Nice one
    haha I hadnt exactly thought about it like that...

I rule!
    2003 SRT-4

New sport

Hmmm gives a whole new meaning to stop light racing.

I think we have a new sport here. Both cars pull up to the light and shut off the engine. When the light turns green you start the car put it in gear and go.

On second thought it would play to the strong suit of a big block NA car, turbos do not need apply.

Larry

I have offered that to people before at the 1/8th mile - that I would turn off the car after staging, crank it on green, and still pass them. If it took me 2 seconds to start the car I would still have a 1 second cushion over the average buzz bomb stickermobile.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by John M
    I have offered that to people before at the 1/8th mile - that I would turn off the car after staging, crank it on green, and still pass them. If it took me 2 seconds to start the car I would still have a 1 second cushion over the average buzz bomb stickermobile.
    You could gain 3 seconds on him in the 1/8th? Wow, either you have a monster, or he had a dud, or both...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I run consistant 7.80s in the 1/8th.

There are plenty of stickermobiles who run 10.8 or slower. Even "respectable" buzz bombs like a Civic Si struggle to do a 10.5 - 10.6.

My Grand Marquis turns 9.9 @ 73
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Re: Sweet (embarrassing) kill today!

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    I go to get the revs up, but this damn all motor cobra with spec stage 2 clutch fvcks up and dies!
    Lucky for you he didn't try to launch and run right up your rear. That would've sucked...especially w/ the new owner on his way in to town.

Originally posted by John M
    i love stealths. nice car.

nice kill, now i bet u want 2 keep the car
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)