WRX vs 911 Turbo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs 911 Turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have never had my a$$ kicked by such a beautiful car. It was a late model red 911, stock ...

WRX vs 911 Turbo

I have never had my a$$ kicked by such a beautiful car. It was a late model red 911, stock (like they need any more power) as far as I could tell. I followed him for about 2 miles, careful to notice the nice turbo badge on the back. We came to an on ramp that merged onto I-26 and since there was no traffic he took it pretty hard and I stayed right behind him. I could see him checking out the WRX in his rear view, and soon enough when the road got straight again he gave me room to get beside of him. I dropped it into third and floored the gas, so did he and that's about where it ends. He pulled on me like I was sitting still. I have the regular mods (uppipe, turboback, mbc) but I'm sure a Stage 4 would have had trouble keeping up with him. He slowed down about a mile later and I got beside of him and I gave him the and he gave me the He slowed down a little and I went on my way, a few miles later he gave me a good fly by before getting off at his exit. That car sounded incredible. Everyone needs to see one of these cars run flat out...its quite a show.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice death
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Re: WRX vs 911 Turbo

Originally posted by scoobie1
    but I'm sure a Stage 4 would have had trouble keeping up with him.
    Yeah...trouble stayin in the same zipcode. 911 Turbos are just about the quickest STOCK car out there(minus a few exotics and such).

I egged a guy on a a Turbo(drivin my Teg at the time) he looked at me like "are you nuts?!" then he figured out I just wanted to see it go. And he obliged. At 60 miles and hour I can simulate it like this: You pace a friend in thier car, and slam on yer brakes, thats about how quickly the 911 took off from me.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

A coworker let me drive his at angeles crest, I was too scared to do anything with it...

Suprised it had a electronic clutch though.

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

I'm sure a Stage 4 would have had trouble keeping up with him
    ummm, yaeahh, I would imagine so.

I Support ClubWRX
    Droool, 996 Turbo, my dream car. Though I prefer the look of the previous generation 993's...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

SBW
    Originally posted by TonyG
    Nice death
    What he said. Nothing like dying to a nasty car like that...

I love porsche's, I wanted one for christmas, but all I got was a tiny little replica of a gt2 in a clear case.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by SBW
    I wanted one for christmas, but all I got was a tiny little replica of a gt2 in a clear case.
    Oooh, oooh, I want to see! Where was it purchased? I'd probably get one for my desk if I could afford it on my family man's budget.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

yup, a 996 is about as fast as a Z06 at speed...

SBW
    Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Oooh, oooh, I want to see! Where was it purchased? I'd probably get one for my desk if I could afford it on my family man's budget.
    Funny you say that, its on my desk here at work. I couldn't find it on the porsche website anywhere. Some friends got it for me from a porsche dealership locally here, it cost about $35-$40 I think. Its got a stand with a clear cover over it, on the stand it displays 911 GT2 and its about the closest I'll ever come to actually having one.

Originally posted by SBW
    What he said. Nothing like dying to a nasty car like that...

I love porsche's, I wanted one for christmas, but all I got was a tiny little replica of a gt2 in a clear case.
    LOL, yup...I got screwed again this year too. But have already started the campaign for next year's xmas.

I have raced 2 so far both from a dead stop...neither could pass me until ~90mph ( top of 3rd ). Lots of fun seeing them in your rearview mirror with an astonished look on the drivers faces
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

I've never raced a Turbo but my dad's friend has taken me out in his. That car is a monster, I've never felt anything pull like that, even at high speeds. Lucky bastard also has an M5 and a 740i in his garage.

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    740i AND M5? redundant a little? so a stage 4 keeps up until about 90 mph...that is cool.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.