I saw a new GTO on the road! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on I saw a new GTO on the road! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know it's a Holden something that they've had in AU for a while what is it? The Monaro or ...

I know it's a Holden something that they've had in AU for a while what is it? The Monaro or something?
    Anyway I guess it's cool that we finally get to buy it but for the GM purist is it really a GTO? Or should they have come up with a totally new car?

I like the engine, not the styling. Pontiac is booorrrring </homer simpson>.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the specs guys. Thats a pretty large discrepancy in 1/4 mile times and trap speed though. I know that the driver can have a big affect the ET. Isnt the trap speed more related to actual hp/tq?

Either way, its quick for a big car.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Originally posted by PKer
    I know it's a Holden something that they've had in AU for a while what is it? The Monaro or something?
    Yep. Australian Holden Monaro.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

I see the C/D test results vary QUITE a bit....but for reference here are the results from MotorTrend....
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...to/index4.html
    Stock or something close to it.....

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    All performance aside....

That car is UGLY!!!!!!

-joe
    Preach on Brother Joe....... looks like a fu ck ed up Tiberon to me.

looks to me like a tiberon got drunk and woke up next to a cavalier....the result...new GTO
    03 wrb WRX sedan
    Crawford Performance S2 2.5L Block
    --- Tuned by I-SPEED

Tons of other toys.....

J-H
    I Dunno man...It looks pretty dull but I think it is a pretty good looking car, clean and nothing fancy hanging from the sides. You have to see/hear the whole package. For the price I would get something else, but for being a chevy, it is pretty impressive...IMHO

JH

I like the exterior. I think Pontiac did a pretty good job compared to the exteriors of some of their other cars.. ahem. That color is nice. I still find it funny that a WRX can hang with a GTO 0-60.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I Support ClubWRX
    WOW...i'm not a fan of that at all. It kind of reminds me of a Caviler if you dont mind me saying. I dont know somehow I just dont see that being anywhere near as cool as a 03 cobra...or by then a 05 cobra or new lighting. Heck I know the shelby is more expenseive then that but still that's a far better looking car. I've been told the fit and finish of the car is perfect, but who really needs that...other then the persons that have grown up and never known the GTO as a real car in the past. Oh well atleast chebby gave some power and go to one of the older cars. Again...much rather have a 03 cobra.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

hey guys... i have a MY03 WRX... i live in australia though so its the My04 for you (with the new headlights etc... 168kws.... 0-100km/h in 5.6 etc)

anyways that car you guys called a GTO is manufactured in australia by Holden (a division of GM... i think)... we call the car the Holden Monaro however the GTO might be your equivalent of a car we call the HSV (holden special vehicles)...

check out HSV.com.au

I like that car, from the looks of it anyways. (surprisingly)

The gauges look cool as hell.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by Blue Away
    looks to me like a tiberon got drunk and woke up next to a cavalier....the result...new GTO
    n1

I like it. As for the aesthetics...not much one way or the other for me; aesthetics never really kept me up at night (if it did, I doubt Id have a WRX). As for it being a "real" GTO...2 doors, rear drive, american V8 in the front- real enough for me. Pontiac stole the name in the 1st place, so I guess they can do with it what they choose.
    -Ray

I like it. I have seen a Black one and then last week a Silver one on the freeways here. They seem very small, smaller than a Grand Prix anyway.
    02 WRX Wagon Silver SOLD
    03 Cobra Satin Silver, twin screwed, cammed, ported, nasty

I Support ClubWRX
    Haven't seen one on the road yet, so I'm withholding final judgement on the looks. The back end does look like an enlarged Cavalier, though...

If it depreciates like most GM cars do, then maybe it will be a performance value in a few years...

edited for spelling...
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 01-20-2004 at 07:41 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.