Me vs. the guardrail *PICS*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs. the guardrail *PICS* within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; guardrail won Last night roughly 2 am i was goin down a windy road and bounced off a guard rail ...

Unhappy Me vs. the guardrail *PICS*

guardrail won

Last night roughly 2 am i was goin down a windy road and bounced off a guard rail and into some rocks on the other side of the road.

07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ouch, sorry about that dude ..... hope you get repairs done soon
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Thats some pretty nasty damage, good luck getting it fixed and slow down

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like the guard rail won Good luck getting her fixed.

that reminds me of my brother's friend who total his wrx the second week he got the car because he thinks w/ awd he can drive like a pro. He went off the side of some twisties.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Ol,Lady cost my insurarnce $5 grand the same way.......

2000 miles on the Rex when it happend.

Sorry it got ya bro.

Dont feel to alone.

Shotgun

Insist on a new wheel, not refinishing.....believe me they will try! Also get two new tires....keeping in mind tires must be replaced in pairs....tread height differences can damage differentials on AWD. You probably have unseen suspension damage like wheel bearing and probably the strut seeing that your wheel is pretty *****ed up. Make sure they prep the bumper properly (sand it!)before paint otherwise it won't stick. And make sure they paint the bumper OFF OF THE CAR! It will turn out WAY better. I speak from experience! Take the car to subaru for suspension repairs but find the best body shop in town for the paint. My experience is that subaru dealers suck at paint work but generic body shops suck at subaru mechanical work. Like I said I speak from experience, see my avatar!

My 2 cents worth.

Later,

Mark

P.S. Next time, slow down! Oh yea, and now you have an excuse to get some killa altezzas!....Not!
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

That sucks, live n learn i guess. I did the same thing to mine when I still had thirty day tags on it. Came around an on-ramp too fast and the curve tightened up on me...Well, the ass end came around and I tapped the drivers side rear quarter panel against the guardrail. Luckily I didn't over correct and nail the other side too...it was very close though. Mine only had 1300 bux damage, yours unfortunatly, looks much worse..Sorry

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Did you get caught by the understeer? That stinks,man.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Originally posted by mark5211
    Insist on a new wheel, not refinishing.....believe me they will try! Also get two new tires....keeping in mind tires must be replaced in pairs....tread height differences can damage differentials on AWD. You probably have unseen suspension damage like wheel bearing and probably the strut seeing that your wheel is pretty *****ed up. Make sure they prep the bumper properly (sand it!)before paint otherwise it won't stick. And make sure they paint the bumper OFF OF THE CAR! It will turn out WAY better. I speak from experience! Take the car to subaru for suspension repairs but find the best body shop in town for the paint. My experience is that subaru dealers suck at paint work but generic body shops suck at subaru mechanical work. Like I said I speak from experience, see my avatar!

My 2 cents worth.

Later,

Mark

P.S. Next time, slow down! Oh yea, and now you have an excuse to get some killa altezzas!....Not!
    If your good rims have most of the life left on the tire then there is no need to change them. Your tires are never going to wear evenly between the front and the rear if you drive your hard etc. I drive my car hard with a lot of oversteer which wears my rears down a lot faster then my fronts, which is why i dont think twice about buying soft tires up front and hard tires in the rear for more oversteer. So long as they are the same sizes etc etc it doesnt matter, people just need to realize that the tread patterns are diff they will wear diff, and handle diff in different conditions. end of story.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

How do you go about rotating them then? I think we all drive with a bit of oversteer and wear our tires out fast, but that's why proper rotation is key!

(I've done the same thing with my WRX, into a curb.) My bill was $4300 for new rims, new axles, new struts, new bearings, the works... Hopefully yours gets fixed up really quickly. My local dealer outsources ALL body work. They just do the suspension and frame repairs in house.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Regarding tire tread height differences, read your owner's manual very carefully. It's not so much about front to back as it is left to right side. You do not want to have three tires with 24k on them and one brand new tire. Over the long haul this could cause damage (according to the owner's manual).
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

Don't worry, your not the only one. I gambled a battle that I was destined to lose:
    I tried driving the stock STi tires in a couple inches of snow and couldn't stop when another car started braking heavily because there was an accident up ahead.
    I might get pics eventually, but trust me, I know how much it hurts. I just try and suck it up, and move on.
    Good luck man.

I feel for you I just hit a curb in the snow and wrecked just about everything suspension wise in the back of my car, tomorrow I'll take a pic of the rim I chipped up.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

i know what ur talking about man...the other day was REALLY windy and on the highway while doing about 65...my car was literally blown off the side a few times...a good 10 feet, sounds a little weird but wind really can make u go out of control

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast