wrx vs vr6 jetta
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wrx vs vr6 jetta within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well, ive driven both cars and know that all around the wrx is faster than the jetta. for sure i ...

wrx vs vr6 jetta

well, ive driven both cars and know that all around the wrx is faster than the jetta. for sure i know that the subie would rape it off the line in 1st and 2nd...but the jetta's torque is pretty dang good i have to admit. its always there opposed to the subie having the spool up and stuff. the thing is is that my bros gf just got a vr6 and he drove her brothers wrx and swears up and downt that the jetta would beat it in any categorie (even handling LOL). i was just wondering what the outcome would be from say a dig, 20 roll, and 80roll. anyone ever race these cars?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the wrx should beat it in any competition

I Support ClubWRX
    The newere 200hp VR6 Jettas are pretty quick up top, but a WRX would waste it from a dig, of course. I imagine it would be pretty close from a roll at most speeds. They weigh about the same as a Rex and put down a few more horsepower at the wheels while having nicer gearing. Grrr...what is it with Subies and whacked gearing - **cough** Forester XT final drive and sh|t WRX 4th gear **cough**
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I raced a vr6 jetta from a 60mph roll or so, got about 3-4 cars on him and it stayed that way....he might have been gaining a bit by 120mph but who knows....

what is the final drive gear ratio on the rex anyways? im guessing its 4.xx...it does suck that they screwed 4th gear up so bad i did notice that the vr6's gearing was great though, it pulled nicely even in the higher gears at lower rpms. anyone know what the gear ratio is on those vw's? it is an 03' btw and im pretty sure its the 200hp version.

stock final drive on WRX is 3.90 I believe. 4th gear is way better when you have a bigger turbo though. That is the gear that REALLY puts distance between me and competition in a freeway race now that I have a VF30. With the stock turbo, yes, it is what puts distance between you two alright, unfortunately to the other driver...

-jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

I do have to say that I love 4th gear now. It takes me from 100 to 130 or so. What sucks is having to shift to 5th when racing someone. Usually the race is over by then though.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

I have owned a vr6 Jetta, it had a high flow cat, Tectonics catback and a GIAC chip. Neuspeed springs, Light wheels, sticky tires, and sway bars

There is no chance in hell it would keep up with a stock wrx, from a roll, from a launch, or dropped off a freakin cliff.
    Handing stock vs stock is no contest either. You think a WRX has understeer problems? LOL the VR6 cars have the absolute worst understeer I have ever experienced.

some of the factory freaks put 170 to the wheels... they have a flat torque curve as well... so, race from a stop
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.