Be aware of people trying to hustle... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Be aware of people trying to hustle... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend went to school in Houston, hes got an 11sec camaro and apparently thats nothing down there. I wanna ...

My friend went to school in Houston, hes got an 11sec camaro and apparently thats nothing down there. I wanna take a trip just to see two 8 second cars run on the street.
    welcome to texas

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow Texas sounds amazing, I was concerned this guy could be running low 12's, not 10's or 9's or 8's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is kinda funny, kinda remind me of some old times.....i don't race anymore, but was around before there was even an import scene, good'ol gardena and sylmar days

back then people did bout the same things, always underplaying their cars, lieing bout what they had.....i had a buddy that hid his nos bottle inside a sub box, hehe

good times
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

If you're going to race for money, you'd be wise to learn how to hustle. It's all about bluffing the other guy to think he has an advantage over you somehow, and that you're dumber and slower than what you really are. Go watch "Color of Money" or "White Man Can't Jump" for some cheezy movie scenes on hustling that don't involve cars. Same principles apply, however.

Guys will lose one race for $100, so they can make $500 on the next one. Some guys have more money than brains, however, and lose repeatedly and never figure out why.

My theory: Don't race for money unless you are prepared to accept losing your cash.

I'm not a big fan of organized street races, the smack talking, and the inherent risk of getting busted or an accident occurring. But I'll play around on the street a bit for fun when an impromptu race comes about.

Good luck!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    I'm not a big fan of organized street races, the smack talking, and the inherent risk of getting busted or an accident occurring.
    Where I used to race (philly) the number of accidents went up once a bunch of n00bs started showing up that did not follow the 'rules.'
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    If you're going to race for money, you'd be wise to learn how to hustle. It's all about bluffing the other guy to think he has an advantage over you somehow, and that you're dumber and slower than what you really are. Go watch "Color of Money" or "White Man Can't Jump" for some cheezy movie scenes on hustling that don't involve cars. Same principles apply, however.

And if you knew the guy was hustling you, and he wasn`t a dumbass, you could have easily made $100. If he was a good hustler, he would have asked you to run for $100, lost, and then asked to go double or nothing, and smoked you, but you being the wiser of the two, would have said no, and made out with $100... or you could have raced an idiot, and he would have just smoked you from the start, and you would have lost $100, but then that wouldn`t really be considered hustling IMO... gambling was never really my cup 'o' tea

Exactly... For some people, they get more fired up and competitive about the setup than the actual race.

Just do whatever makes you happy.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I Support ClubWRX
    "Run what ya brung" It's that simple, no head starts, no going home for tires, no gear swaps on your nine inch, no dropping in high pills, no nothing....(well turning a nob on a MBC wouldnt hurt anyones feelings now would it?)
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    "Run what ya brung" It's that simple, no head starts, no going home for tires, no gear swaps on your nine inch, no dropping in high pills, no nothing....(well turning a nob on a MBC wouldnt hurt anyones feelings now would it?)
    Hell yes. That's what I'm talking about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.