2 birds.......1 stone
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2 birds.......1 stone within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I usually don't race because working for an ambulance company ya see a lot of race related crashes. But I ...

2 birds.......1 stone

I usually don't race because working for an ambulance company ya see a lot of race related crashes. But I just couldn't pass this one up considering I almost bought a TSX. Anyways here's the story. Getting on to Rt 3 south at Ext 8 in Nashua, NH I was behind a silver 2001+ Honda Civic coupe. It had rims, springs, exhaust, rear lower tie bar (polished DC Sports), and blue headlight bulbs (i noticed them when I got in front of her). Well, we get on the highway and I just pass her at my normal highway driving speed of about 80mph. I'm keeping that constant speed when she downshifts and trys to pass me. I just laugh it off, leave it in 5th and just run away from her. Well, after I completely demolish the civic (not a big surprise), I roll up on a new Acura TSX crusing at about the same speed (90mph). Guy driving it is about same age as me with a passenger. As soon as I get even with him he tries to take off. Well at about 90mph in 5th gear I'm still boosting so I just leave it in 5th and floor it. To my surprise I slowly walk away from him. We get up to about 120mph and I'm about 2 1/2 cars a head and we shut down. He gets in behind me due to traffic and we stay that way for a little while. Well, low and behold the chick in the civic tries to play again. She's coming up really fast on the TSX and he sees it. He whips out from behind me and takes off. He gets even with me and I dropped into 4th gear at about 75mph. I stay even with him and again I slowly walk away from him all the way up until about 110mph and shut down with the Civic no where in sight. I slow down and the TSX get beside me and we give each other a thumbs up and part ways. I love the new TSX. It's a very sleek gorgeous car with tons of modding potential. I really want one. Anyways, let the comments fall.
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I read that TSX has some torque steer problems.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    Good kills.

Why get the TSX when the 270hp gorgeous TL is only a few grand more?!?!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

nice kill, but dont be too suprised that you beat a tsx. they are dogs, even on the highway they are not that great. now the new TL-S is a totally different story. its a great looking car with great performance #'s

Originally posted by Integra96
    Good kills.

TSX is around 26G while the new TL is around 33G. That's about a 7G difference.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    TSX is around 26G while the new TL is around 33G. That's about a 7G difference.
    yeah bit if you compare the 2 cars, it almost seems stupid not to spend the exta 7 g's. although some people just dont have it, which is understandable

Im from mass just below nashua and i drive rt 3 all the time and i think ive raced that civic before if its the car im thinkn of, kinda surprising im not used to seeing new civics with mods. of course this was in my last car , 97 legacygt 5spd so it was a pretty equal race just weaving through traffic. drive the DW almost everyday think ive seen it there to.
    black 04 wagon, stock

I love the new TSX. It's a very sleek gorgeous car with tons of modding potential.
    ehh, that car is pretty sluggish. and as far as i know there isnt a whole lot of mod potential at all. its got the same motor as the accord (2.4l 4) and it has NO torque. its like 140 ft/lbs or something

Originally posted by Integra96
    Good kills.

why do people by the wrx sedans then?

I'm in the Nashua/Tyngsboro Rte 3 area all the time. I deliver Chinese food in that area . Usually there are alot of riced out cars on the DW, mostly old Integras, Civics, Legends with fart cans and stickers. I raced an early 90s Taurus LX with racing stripes and an obnoxiously large aluminun wing on it and it wasn't close. Btw sorry to hijack the thread.

How the hell do you people get away with cruising at 80-90 mph?
    - Capt Crunch

Originally posted by ILikeMy2.5RS
    I'm in the Nashua/Tyngsboro Rte 3 area all the time. I deliver Chinese food in that area . Usually there are alot of riced out cars on the DW, mostly old Integras, Civics, Legends with fart cans and stickers. I raced an early 90s Taurus LX with racing stripes and an obnoxiously large aluminun wing on it and it wasn't close. Btw sorry to hijack the thread.
    If you don't mind me asking, but do you really like the New England? Or it's just because they just won the AFC Championship game?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    If you don't mind me asking, but do you really like the New England? Or it's just because they just won the AFC Championship game?
    Well, considering that I am from New England, and the concept of rooting for your home team, yeah, I've been a Pats fan for the most part of my life.

I looked at the TSX before buying my car and they are VERY nice cars for the money. They have about everything you would want in a car and handle very nicely. With about 70 more HP, they would be an awesome car but the front drive chassis probably couldn't handle it (like the TL having problems with torque steer). I can definitely see why you would buy it instead of a TL. If it is fast enough for you, it is basically as much car but $7K less. You are paying mostly for engine with the TL.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.