Me versus my bosses Vette - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Me versus my bosses Vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sorry vette vert, didnt mean to upset you... would you rather have me talk about Yank transmissions, crane cams, Mallet ...

sorry vette vert, didnt mean to upset you...

would you rather have me talk about Yank transmissions, crane cams, Mallet products, etc.
    and i meant 17", but was too lazy to correct it, knowing that the rears are 18"

Myself, i see no need for polished headers. mustang, ferrari, vette. You see, my hood is only open when i add washerfluid. and change oil.

Also Random technology has been catering to LS1's since 1999. and since LS1's are extremely obnoxious with longtubes and no cats, id opt for the randomtech cat(s)

I know a bit more about Fbodys, but for someone who has only owned a dodge and a subaru, ive absorbed quite a bit of knowledge, probably more than your average vette owner... which is sad, because im seeing more vettes than Eldorado's around my neck of the woods...

Great car regardless of drivers... the best car for the money
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My co-worker just sold his 02 Ram Air Collector Edition which dyno'ed initially at 315 at the wheels. While he was at the dyno, another guy pulled 287 on a C5. We all know dyno's and all the other explanations for less power in the C5 but the Ram Air will never top the vette when it comes to the P factor! What is sad is that my co-worker unloaded the Ram Air after heavily modifying it for $27k. Yikes! The car cost $34k new plus financing and then he dumped over $22k in it and got into a financial bind. It had reworked heads (port/polish/valves/valve springs), supercharger, full catless exhaust with long tube headers (geez it was loud!), cam, bear brakes, pan hard bar, konis and eibach prokit springs. The car was a beast! He never dyno'ed the car after the mods. We only guessed it was around 500 at the wheels. Moral of the story....next to buying new cars, mods are the worst investment!
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

Who's upset?

If he happened to give that list to his boss, I was just noting that some of the mods were F-body specific and wouldn't work on a Y, and some stuff (the Z06 intake manifold) would be an extra purchase of something he already had.

VV

P.S. I was recommending stainless headers for durability reasons, not looks. Heard of a few uncoated Edelbrocks rusting through within a year.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    sorry vette vert, didnt mean to upset you...

would you rather have me talk about Yank transmissions, crane cams, Mallet products, etc.
    and i meant 17", but was too lazy to correct it, knowing that the rears are 18"

Myself, i see no need for polished headers. mustang, ferrari, vette. You see, my hood is only open when i add washerfluid. and change oil.

Also Random technology has been catering to LS1's since 1999. and since LS1's are extremely obnoxious with longtubes and no cats, id opt for the randomtech cat(s)

I know a bit more about Fbodys, but for someone who has only owned a dodge and a subaru, ive absorbed quite a bit of knowledge, probably more than your average vette owner... which is sad, because im seeing more vettes than Eldorado's around my neck of the woods...

Great car regardless of drivers... the best car for the money

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123