Camaro SS-1, WRX-1
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Camaro SS-1, WRX-1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night it finally happened......I lost But it was a good fight. I lined up with a 2001 Camaro SS, ...

Unhappy Camaro SS-1, WRX-1

Last night it finally happened......I lost But it was a good fight. I lined up with a 2001 Camaro SS, didnt ask what mods he had or anything, but he did have an exhaust at least. I raced him from a light, and pulled three car lengths right away, and then he just couldnt seem to catch up. Then he pulled up next to me and asked me if I wanted to go race a "quarter mile", so I said sure. So, we get there, line up, and go...instant three car lengths again. By the time I got to the top of third, he was about to my rear door, and when I hit fourth..fugetaboutit. He just frikkin took off. But I know for a fact that this was longer than a quarter, I was doing about 110-115 when I passed the finish, but they insisted that it was only quarter. So, then they wanted me to race their friend in a 5.0 fox body, and they where all giggling about this too. So, i figured WTF, why not. So, I line up with him, get a terrible launch, he actually took me by about a half a car, and then I just smoked him, I totally walked away from him, by the end I had alot of distance between us. Come on Vishnu stage 1!!
    drive it like ya stole it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Camaro SS-1, WRX-1

Originally posted by dannyboy7
    Last night it finally happened......I lost But it was a good fight. I lined up with a 2001 Camaro SS, didnt ask what mods he had or anything, but he did have an exhaust at least. I raced him from a light, and pulled three car lengths right away, and then he just couldnt seem to catch up. Then he pulled up next to me and asked me if I wanted to go race a "quarter mile", so I said sure. So, we get there, line up, and go...instant three car lengths again. By the time I got to the top of third, he was about to my rear door, and when I hit fourth..fugetaboutit. He just frikkin took off. But I know for a fact that this was longer than a quarter, I was doing about 110-115 when I passed the finish, but they insisted that it was only quarter. So, then they wanted me to race their friend in a 5.0 fox body, and they where all giggling about this too. So, i figured WTF, why not. So, I line up with him, get a terrible launch, he actually took me by about a half a car, and then I just smoked him, I totally walked away from him, by the end I had alot of distance between us. Come on Vishnu stage 1!!
    What do you have on your car?????

I have the turbo XS Unichip but it never out guns a Camero SS!!! Maybe a regular Camero, but the SS is freaking quick. I can stay close to the SS but beating it out right is a different story. 3 cars is a lot of distance.

Yeah I think in a quatermile you get into fourth for a small amount of time and that is what slows us wrx owners down.

CAMERO Haha. its funny when people spell Camaro that way. It doesnt even sound that way. Oh well, part of the internet is entertainment I suppose
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

30mph+ SS Camaro will eat ya for lunch. If, you got 3 car length on him on the take off he had a bad launch.

Pp

Originally posted by Ppower
    30mph+ SS Camaro will eat ya for lunch. If, you got 3 car length on him on the take off he had a bad launch.

Pp
    Well if the race was done on dirt the WRX would have eaten him for lunch. These types of replies crack me up. People always seem to put a If this or if that on things. You know what they say, excuses are like a$$holes, yadda yadda yadda
    2002 WRX Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    www.sanzones.com
    K&N Filter
    Short Shifter
    Ti knob
    More to come soon

BTw good job on the races. Win some you lose some and barely losing to something with over twice the engine size is nothing to be sad about
    2002 WRX Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    www.sanzones.com
    K&N Filter
    Short Shifter
    Ti knob
    More to come soon

originally posted by mazanz1
    Well if the race was done on dirt the WRX would have eaten him for lunch. These types of replies crack me up. People always seem to put a If this or if that on things. You know what they say, excuses are like a$$holes, yadda yadda yadda

Lets go find a dirt road to race on! bwhhhahahahahah! the Camaro guy could always swap on some Hoosier dirt track tires and beat up on the WRX! lol

Face it the WRX will win till like 30 mph then its all Ls1!
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

till 30mph in what....drags, rallies, circle. My point was that there are so many types of racing out there any car can have an advantage over any car. I'm pretty sure we all know that the WRX isn't the greatest at certain types of racing but he wasn't posting about that, the race he was talking about was quarter mile thusfore 2 cars starting from a dead stop to the distance of one quarter mile, if he was racing from a rolling start I doubt he would be posting.
    2002 WRX Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    www.sanzones.com
    K&N Filter
    Short Shifter
    Ti knob
    More to come soon

Well, I went out to the place we raced last night, and now I know why it felt longer than a quarter mile, it was. It was almost a half mile track! I couldnt figure out why he was so far ahead when we passed the finish, even though I had been in fourth for so long by the time we finished. Oh well, it was all in good fun, and they where impressed with my launches, even with my heavy-arse 18's!

My mods are-Vishnu Stage 0, and thats about it. My ricer excuses why I didnt do better- -two sets of golf clubs in back, full tank of gas, and two people in my car, while he had one, and my heavy wheels.

This guy must have not been able to launch good then, cause I had around three car lengths both times we went off the line. The Vishnu website advertises the 0-60 times with the stage 0 in the mid-high 4's.

Oh, and the race I actually won was shorter than a quarter mile, I didnt even get out of third before I shut down. Any longer, and I would have gotten my ass handed to me I'm sure.
    Last edited by dannyboy7; 06-02-2002 at 08:55 PM.
    drive it like ya stole it

masanz1 = an excuse...so what does that make you by your post? LMAO...

It is the truth...if you can't face it, put a bag on.

Yeah, dirt road...whatever...Why not race a CBR929rr from a dead stop and see who has 3 lengths on who from take off....Oh, wait that wouldn't be a fair race he only has one wheel drive...

The truth is if he got 3 car lengths the guy in SS screwed up. Most street races are not from a stop light. Probability is you're going to run into the other person while driving.

Pp

I'll race your 929 with a xr650r on dirt you stupid a$$. or a R1 against your tricycle. The immaturity of some of these newbies is slowly turning this one time decent board into a joke. Most street races aren't from a light, umm? most that i have been in or seen have been. Once you get your driving license and a car please post but until then I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. Ppower-Maybe you should get some pullups for your problem.
    2002 WRX Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    www.sanzones.com
    K&N Filter
    Short Shifter
    Ti knob
    More to come soon

masanz1,
    the race wasn't on dirt, so there is no point bring up "if this happened and that happened." type of scenario. This is like saying if that wrx had a stage 4 kit or that SS had 150 shot, it would have been different. But it isn't.

that was my point to begin with...please read the thread...thanks
    2002 WRX Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    www.sanzones.com
    K&N Filter
    Short Shifter
    Ti knob
    More to come soon

Originally posted by Ppower
    The truth is if he got 3 car lengths the guy in SS screwed up.
    Should've would've could've.......

I'm getting pretty tired of newbies posting just to be contrarian myself.

Why not just post your own street/track experiences up? You know, "I used to own a Camaro and I know that when I had bad launches...." Or "I know I didn't get a 3 car lead when I had a friendly race vs a Camaro...." Know what I mean? Otherwise, you'll just be another self-appointed BS cop like 87LX50. His content-free posts are generally ignored.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.